Forever 21 Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

very easy. had the experience and they really wanted to get rid of the manager that was working there interview was more so of a get to know me and selling the job to me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Walked in asked for a manager and got an application. Got interviewed on the spot. They told me they would Start me off as a head cashier, I said it was okay . Got hired 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I took a lower position for higher pay then the position offers.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Upon completing and online app, I got a call within two weeks from the store manager. She set up an interview with me in her mall. The interview in general went well and she was very pleasant but she did not have questions ready and was very unprofessional in the way she conducted it. For example, she asked how I would 'discipline' an underperformer. I told her the steps I would take but she cut me off and told me her first response would be to cut someone's hours, not mentioning anything about additional training. Our conversations went well but she asked mostly 'tell me a time' questions and constantly looked at her interview guide for help.

My next interview was with the district manager. The store manager did not tell me this interview was supposed to be over the phone so I drove 45 minutes to the store. Inside the store, the Co-Manager was the only manager on and was one of three people on cash register, which should never happen. This was on a Thursday. I waited for her to break away and come speak to me, and while she was nice as well she was completely oblivious to who I was or what I was doing there. She called the store manager at home and told me my interview would be over the phone and I should be expecting a call. I suspect that they forgot about my interview because the DM called me 15 minutes late from her headset as she was driving.

The DM was also very nice and asked me much more detailed questions and my interview was more like a conversation with her which I appreciated. She said her next step would be to discuss with the SM and she would email me, which she did later that night. After discussion about pay, she indicated I would be made an offer.

A week went by and I didn't hear anything so I emailed her again to follow up. She told me the SM reached out to me but I didn't answer (I had no missed calls or voicemails). She then told me someone else would reach out to me with an offer. Another week went by and still no one. I found another job.

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline an underperformer?   1 Answer

After the second time of reaching out to the DM she finally had someone from Human Resources call to make me an offer. I declined the offer. Even though my actual vocal conversations were congenial, I got the impression that the disorganization was not something I wanted to be a part of.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21 (Memphis, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called by the Store Manager for a interview. A week later I interviewed with the District Manager and Visual Manager and was asked to submit for a background check. The following week I called to check the status of my background check and was told that it was pending by the Store Manager. The following week I called again and was told that the Store Manager no longer worked there and they decided to hire someone else. I'm not sure why a business would pay money for a background check and not hire the applicant my record is spotless and I have never been in trouble with the law. I'm also not sure why a Store Manager would begin interviews for a position knowing she would eventually leave. Her departure seems very sudden and unexpected either way I had a very good interview with the DM and took some valuable life lessons from our conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Process was simple. I met with the Store and Co Manager in a brief Interview. most of which was me telling a little about myself and them explaining the position and dress code. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. Following I had a more detailed interview with the district Manager, followed by a short telephone interview and offer by the regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions whatsoever. All questions were about past management experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview

There is a interview with the district manager and if you are considered you are called back for an interview with the store manager and district manager depending on the store. Some interviews are group interviews with different store managers to see if you are qualified for a new store opening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

s

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quicker than I expected. I was interviewed three times: twice by the store manager and once by the district manager. Each interview lasted approx 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 (Omaha, NE).

Interview

The interview process was an easy interview! They are very thorough with their background and requirements. They go over a lot in your resume and discuss future plans. they walk you through a day in the life of an assistant manager and decide if you would be a good fit. the district manager calls and deciders if you would be a good fit and they go from there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they go over your experience and offer a competitive wage

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

This was the easiest interview I have ever had!!

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had 2 interviews with two different store manager. First Store manager really like me and my application was forward to the DM and was called a week later for an 2nd interview with another store Manager. Took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Question was, How would you motivate your staff? Tell me a time where you couldn't satisfied a customer and why did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negoatiation, I was offered a higher pay than the average starting out Assistant Manager.