Forever 21

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – This was the easiest interview I have ever had!!

Interview Question – All of the questions were similar to other companies.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2011.

Interview Details – I heard by word of mouth that there was an opening for an assistant management position. I went to apply, interviewed with the store manager, then got an interview with district manager. She asked only a few questions, we talked about the company and a few personal inquiries. It was short and straight forward. They ran a background check which took about a week to get back to them. A few days later I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I expected.

El Paso, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview is usually done on the floor because of payroll constraints. Sometimes in the back with store or co manager. They will ask about retail experience, availability, language (if you speak Spanish). They will touch base about fashion.

Interview Question – Were do you get your inspiration for your own fashion?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No there base pay is pretty set.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – It was a swift process lasted about a week, it was a quick process

Interview Question – All of the questions are basic and run of the mill   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and had 2 interviews with two different store manager. First Store manager really like me and my application was forward to the DM and was called a week later for an 2nd interview with another store Manager. Took about two weeks.

Interview Question – Question was, How would you motivate your staff? Tell me a time where you couldn't satisfied a customer and why did you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negoatiation, I was offered a higher pay than the average starting out Assistant Manager.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was being interviewed for an ASM position even though I applied for a Visual Manager position. They had already hired a visual manager who was not qualified so they decided to interview me for the ASM position even though they didn't clue me in until later in the interview. This should have been a sign that the company was very off.

Interview Question – There were none the person who interviewed me was very clueless   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nonexeistant

Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I applied online from a craigslist ad. I was contacted by phone a few days later and went into one of their locations and interviewed with a Store Manager from their New York store who I guess was handling the hiring. I initially was interviewing for the co-manager position but he didn't think I had enough experience. The questions were pretty generic. "Tell me about a time..." and "Why do you want to work for forever 21". After the interview with him he set me up with a interview with the DM a few days later. I met with her and she asked the same series of questions and told me they had a store available in Columbia. That next week I went for an "interview" with the Store Manager and she pretty much said if the DM wants you, you're in. I started a few days later.

Interview Question – "How would you describe your sense of style?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but she did ask what did I think about it, and seemed open to negotiations.

Tukwila, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Applied Online
2. Was contacted via phone about 5-14 days later (don't remember exactly how long)
3. Scheduled an in person 1:1 interview with the Co-Manager
4. Interviewed in the food court outside F21

Seemed very judgmental, could tell he wasn't going to hire me from the start. Could tell he was un-impressed by all of my answers, asked a lot of questions I didn't know the answer to, or wasn't even sure I was at disclosure to answer about my previous employer.

Interview Question – What volume did you previously work with (Specify? What??)
How much did my previous employer make in sales a year (I was never told, that was private)
No situational questions but lots of odd questions that are very technical
  Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online...didnt here back so I left my resume at the store and finally the manager called. I went In( she wasnt ready, had me wait while she checked her email). Finally she asked me some questions then said that asst manager position would be tough because your in charge of 50+ people. She then offered me a head cashier job instead and said I could eventually move up, which I declined becasue I was already doing that.

Interview Question – why forever 21   Answer Question

Troy, MI

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2012.

Interview Details – I have several years as a Retail Store Manager and had applied at a few different Forever 21 locations in my area for Store Manager and Co-Manager positions. I was contacted by phone by a recruiter who was very impressed by my skills and knowledge and told me a DM would contact me to setup an interview. A few weeks later I got a call from a Store Manager who said the DM forwarded her my resume and she wanted to interview my for an Assistant manager. (which would have been way below my experience level) I agreed and went to the store where I interviewed with the Co-Mgr who really liked me. I got a call the next day from the SM to setup an interview with the DM for the following Monday at another store location. I showed up on Monday and told the Mgr on duty I was there for an interview with the DM, she looked confused and replied "the DM is taking a PTO day today..." I was very angry to learn that since I had gone almost an hour out of my way to meet her and that no one there knew I was coming and no one had contacted me to reschedule before I showed up! It was very unprofessional!! The DM called me the next day and apologized for not being there and asked if I could meet here later that day, and I did. She also liked me very much but wanted me to interview with the SM because I never talked to her I just talked to the Co-Mgr. I interviewed with the SM who seemed very distracted kinda snobby. She told me she would call me in a few days. She did not call, so I called her and totally got the cold shoulder from her. She told me "she wasn't sure what she wanted to do" (also very unprofessional) and so I gave up on that company.
      I would not want to lower myself to work for such unprofessional people. Especially after I have heard other terrible things about this company. DO NOT lower your standards for this company. They are unorganized, unprofessional and rude.

Interview Question – What did you like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forever 21 Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forever 21 employees and interview candidates.