Forever 21

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2013.

Interview Details – After applying for this position online it took a day to get a call back to set up an interview. I interviewed with the Store Manager and the Manager of Merchandise. Once at the interview I was asked the usual questions like "What would you do if you had an employee that could not meet standards?" "Why have you chosen Forever 21 as a potential employer?" and things of that nature. They advised that I would be managing 150-160 employees at any given time (more local store is very big). When we got to the salary expectations I advised her that I expected at least $15 per hour as the store is one of the larger flagship stores in the area. She advised me that my requested amount was too high for the position and that I would be paid less. At that point I knew whether or not I got an offer I was going to decline.

Interview Question – None really. They were usual questions.   Answer Question

Skokie, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend, had a one on one interview with store manager at flagship location and was hired on the spot. For my promotion a few months later I had a two on one sit down interview with a store manager and district manager. Asked mostly behavioral questions and experience in hypothetical situations.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out as challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it. No negotiations. Company pay runs on a matrix and promotions are only percentage increase of at best 8% !

Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2012.

Interview Details – First of all, I use to work for Forever 21. I applied inside the store. The next day I called and the manager and she called back 2 hours later to set up an interview. I had the first interview and I am not too sure about it. She ask me, "What would your bring different to the company?" my respond was that I had help open the Grand opening of Forever 21 store years ago so I will bring my expertise by having the experience with this company. The next Question was, "How would you gain integrity and respect from employees?" I answered?" I was asked on four questions, and she ended by telling me, "Do I have any question?" I asked two questions, "Does she has any business cards?" and "How long is the process and when will I hear back on the status?" She told me that it will take two weeks because she has to interview other applicants to weigh her options on who will be best for the company. She also told me its not necessary to call on the status of you application. I dont feel comfortable about that respond because I feel like most get a second interview on the spot and I didnt. Also the fact that she said she will interview other applicants to see who will be the best fit for the company made me a little weary that I didnt do so good on the interview.... I reallly want this job so I will wait patiently to see if I get the second interview ;-/

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Riverside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

Interview Details – I Attended a open job fair, took aside in groups of 10. Was asked to introduce yourself and tell a little about yourself, then was asked to sell a piece of jewelery to the group.

Interview Question – If a customer walks in, in a bad mood what would you do to make him/her leave happy?   Answer Question

Newport News, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2010.

Interview Details – Dropped of a application kind of on a whim, got a call 2 weeks later at for love. They interviewed me, and said i would be better suited to work at forever21. The following week I interviewed there. The manager was really nice, and let me know a lot about the company Once I walked into the interview and she started talking it seemed very much like she really wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – given an offer, asked to accept or decline

Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was during a job fair process. Some people were being interviewed in groups but I guess my timing was good and I was by myself. I filled out a application prior. The person interviewing did not even introduce herself. I had to ask her name. She asked me to tell her about myself. I did. Then asked about my experiance. Then asked if I had any questions. I asked her what the expectations of the job were. She replied "alot of people ask that but I feel that you should already know the expectations if you are applying for the job" I thought that was very rude. And I was just wanting specifics. So I asked more detailed questions. Sales goals, hours, day to day schedule. She said "that is was private information and she could not share sales goals"
I thought this was a very unprofessional intereview with their part.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for forever 21?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview went wonderful and the DM was forward and very honest about the opportunities that the company had in the areas of training as well as benefits. He was also honest with me in telling me that they probably couldn't match my current salary, but that the company had a lot of growth potential. It was a very relaxed interview (the DM and recruiter had on jeans)

Interview Question – "If I wrote a book about you, what would be the title?"   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – interviewed internally for position. pretty straight forward questions
-what would i improve
-what i would bring to the team
-how would i manage coverage based on limited staff
-time i overcame a difficult situation

Interview Question – what could i work on or improve in the team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – store manager gave me the job and the title. after i accepted she told me that i would receive a 20% raise and that was the highest allotted raise from the district manager.

Assistant Store Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with store manager
Met with DM

Filled out background check

offered the position

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to resolve conflict between associates   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The DM yelled at me and told me that my college degree was irrelevant and that I was an idiot for going to college and she wouldn't give me more money... What a B...

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2011.

Interview Details – A little annoyed by the whole process. I got the call to interview with the store manger. On interview day did not seem interested in talking to me. Kept saying my shirt was cute. Asked a couple of questions about my work experience. This goes on for 10 minutes. Then let me know that the position was filled, just looking to find future canidates for the position. Why not tell someone this when setting up the interview. I was really hoping for a shot. I wouldn't have apply if I didn't need the job, Right? To me it wasn't a real even a real interview. Dissappointed.

Interview Question – What were your shrink results for your previous employer?   Answer Question

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!