Forever 21

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2012.

Interview Details – I did open interviews. But the interview process is the same (they call a lot, the interview a lot, they hire a few from those who came). We did an interview one on one and asked about 10-15 questions. The questions are simple, mainly about customer service and how to deal in certain situations. Then was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you style a tank top? What if we dont have an item in stock, what do you do to help the customer?   View Answer

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2009.

Interview Details – They use a group interviewing technique - which is the only company I've ever experienced this with. It was intimidating, especially since I was just applying for a seasonal cashier position, however it showed that they were serious about their brand and the employees they hired.

Interview Question – I remember the Manager (who wasn't the most personable) ask what we knew about the history of Forever 21. No one knew who the owners were, etc. (I mean really, this was a temporary low skill job) and the interviewer was not too happy. So if you plan on interviewing with F21, I would suggest doing a little research beforehand.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Group then 1 on 1.

Job offer

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2012.

Interview Details – Quick fast and easy..... The manager was kind of hood..... Didn't really consider it a real interview because we talked about all kind of reality shows like Basketball Wives and tv reality star Evelyn Lozada. But we did discuss fashion.

Interview Question – Nothing about the interview was hard at all honestly   View Answer

Miami, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online originally as I saw that there would be a new location opening up on Lincoln Road. I got a call about a day or two later from a guy telling me that they would be having open interviews later that week and to come in. I showed up and spoke to a lady that appeared to be one of the ones conducting interviews; she asked me if I'd applied before and I told her about the online app and she told me I needed to fill out a paper one as well. I sat down and did so and once I finished, I was interviewed by a man that was also there. The whole interview was very relaxed and was conducted right there on the salesfloor by a back window. He asked pretty basic questions such as:
-Tell me about yourself.
-What are some of the hottest trends right now?
-What would you do if you saw someone shoplifting?
-Why do you want to work here?

After all the questions were over, he asked if I could come in later in the week for an orientation and I accepted.

Interview Question – If you were assigned to clean up a certain section, do you feel you would be able to memorize the locations of the merchandise to be able to accomplish that?   View Answer

Davis, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was basic. Mostly questions like why would you want to work here, what do you like about the store?

Interview Question – why do you want to work for forever 21?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with one of the Sales Managers on staff that day after she had reviewed my application that I had submitted before. She was really friendly and pleasant and just asked about my other previous job. She asked when I was available to work and if I wanted to be cashier. That was about it.

Interview Question – What cashier and customer service experience I had previously?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I went to the nearest Forever 21 store and I applied in person. They called me back the day after for an interview. It was a group interview ( i was with another person) and 2 managers were asking us questions. They were asking us the same questions individually. The managers were grumpy and unprofessionnal. They didnt even know a word in english and i had to repeat myself several times everytime they were asking questions.

Interview Question – Tell me who you are   View Answer

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2013.

Interview Details – The store that I applied at was currently hiring so the process actually didn't take that long. I went to the store and filled out application on a Wednesday. That Saturday I received a phone call about an interview. I was pretty nervous about the interview because I love F21 and working there would be a dream come true. So I prepared myself for the interview by practicing with my parents and picking out the perfect outfit. I had my interview that following Tuesday and I stood with the manager right outside the front of the store. I did so much talking and just tried my best to sell myself. She informed me what exactly they were hiring for at the moment and said I had the right personality for the job. Also said she would contact me in a few days about whether I had received a second job or the job. That Saturday, I missed the phone call by literally a minute so I called her back and she informed me I had been offered a position so I quickly accepted.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Forever 21

Interview Details – Open interviews, received an offer 2 weeks late.

Interview Question – How would you up sale an evening dress to a customer?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forever 21 Cashier interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forever 21 employees and interview candidates.