Forever 21 Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

2.3

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

It was an open interview. I arrived with the application all filled out and ready to go. The interview was quick and took maybe 30 minutes. I got the job a few days after. The training process was very quick and I felt it covered the basics, but someone still needs guidance in their first couple of months at the store.

Interview Questions
    • What did I consider working on a team to mean   View Answer
    If you have retail experience, try to negotiate a higher salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norridge, IL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

I saw Forever21 was hiring, printed out an application from the site, went to the store, asked for the manager, introduced myself, shook her hand and handed her my application. I got a call two days later for a group interview. The interview was in the back stock room. None of the others girls showed up so it turned into 1:1 interview. I brought another filled out application just in case. She asked all the basic interview questions and asked my availability. Your availability is key in the hiring process, if you have open availability or you can close a lot, you'll most likely get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2013.

Interviewer was very nice but she did ask some tough questions, including asking us to sell her something we're wearing.

Interview Questions

When they close their store employees don't leave until midnight; received another offer from Express.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

It was a group interview with two other people. They asked each of us a different set of questions. We only got about 4 questions each. Afterwards, they asked us to put together an outfit appropriate for going to a concert using items in the store. I got a call a day later with a job offer, which I accepted. I had an orientation a week later.

Then I hit a snag. For an entire month, I had call them every week to see if I was scheduled, only to be told "not yet" over and over again, and to call again the next week.

Finally they put me on schedule. I worked there a total of four days. For the past two weeks, they haven't put me on the schedule at all. This is their underhanded way of firing me by forcing me to quit.

If they want to fire me, so be it, I just wish they would be honest.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included:

How would I handle an upset customer?

What are some of the current trends?

Which celebrity inspires your style?

What is good customer service?
        Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2011.

I was referred by a friend, had a one on one interview with store manager at flagship location and was hired on the spot. For my promotion a few months later I had a two on one sit down interview with a store manager and district manager. Asked mostly behavioral questions and experience in hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions
    Take it or leave it. No negotiations. Company pay runs on a matrix and promotions are only percentage increase of at best 8% !

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

Applied online, then stopped in the store a few days later to inquire about the position. Was told they never received my application, but after asking about my past employment experience, set up an interview anyway. I came back a few days later for the interview. I arrived a few minutes early, and was then told to wait 10-15 minutes after my interview was scheduled to start. Interview was casual, but slightly awkward as it was held outside the store on a bench. Overall process was normal- plenty of questions about inspiration, strengths, weaknesses, style, why I wanted to work there, etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary. The two managers who interviewed me came off as slightly intimidating, but turned out to be pretty nice during the process. Definitely show your personal style- look nice, but don't dress too stuffy or business professional.

Interview Questions
    • What is your least favorite part of visual merchandising? (I found this difficult to answer without sounding negative, especially because I love merchandising.)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2009.

The interviewer is usually very perceptive. You MUST be fashion forward. You will be asked about their brands and how much you know about the company. My interviewer told me she hired me because she liked that my nails were freshly manicured. Most likely it will be a group interview so you need to stand out and be confident! Seem enthusiastic and willing to contribute. Be ready to answer what fashion means to you.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked what brands did some of our products seem to be a knockoff of (in this case it was some flats that resembled Betsy Johnson's line)   View Answer
    No, they called with an offered price and start date. You were only able to decline or accept.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2009.

I came into the Forever 21 on Michigan Ave and introduced myself to the other visual merchandisers who were working on a display. I let them know I was here to interview and one of them went to grab their manager. They kind of seemed a bit cliquish, but maybe that was normal for someone approaching that type of situation. They had me put together three separate looks and once I was done they had me describe the looks and asked me questions about who would wear the looks, where they would wear it to, how would their hair and makeup be.

Then they left me to go look at the various areas of the store so I could see how it was merchandised. Someone returned, I don't think it was the manager, but another person, and she asked me what I noticed throughout the store and how I would merchandise a specific area differently.

Afterwards we sat and discussed the position and working for the company. It was one of the longest processes I had ever been through. I don't think I was a good fit for the company and I was not offered the position and probably would never apply there again. I have no issues with the company, but I think people who are really giddy and enthused about trends would do well in this type of environment...and thats just not me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you merchandise this area of the store differently.   Answer Question
    • Put together 3 different looks and then thoroughly described the person who would wear it   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2010.

Company recruiter called, set up time to do open interviews with a District Manager. From there application process, interview, and waited for 1 wk to hear back only to find out the DM lost my info. Then another week to find out if I had the job, then to start rt away.

Interview Questions
    Not very long and DM said there was only so much he could do, took a pay cut for position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2011.

I applied to Forever 21 after I saw the store ad that said Forever 21 was hiring. A month later, the manager called for a group interview.

The manager and assistant manager interviewed five girls, including me. First, they asked questions that assessed how we work and who we are. Then, they described situations in which we were to respond what would we do in those situations. Finally, we had to do an activity in which we were supposed to clean the racks as if no customers ever touched it.

Overall, I thought it went well. However, I was surprised that the girls were dressed casual for the interview. I came in looking professionally - black pants, dark pink top, black blazers and a pearl necklace.

I still do not know if the managers decides to hire me. I am currently waiting for their call.

Interview Questions
    • An angry customer wants to return an item. However, the store has a no money back policy. What would you do?   Answer Question

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!