Forever 21 Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.1

Logistics Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Forever 21.

Got the job through an agency. Worked for about three months, Got offered to turn company, I took it, and only lasted about a month. There was no interview, Just an orientation, pretty much to explain what they'll be expecting from you.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

The interview was super easy just make sure to mention a lot about good customer service and focus on how to make customer happy and impressed. Talk about how youre friendly and outgoing and can be really helpful to meeting customers needs. show interest and be confident.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Sent application months before, called me in for an interview, made me fill out another application, turned me away after realizing I wasn't 18 even though I had said I was 17 in both my resumé and my application.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forever 21.

Upon completing and online app, I got a call within two weeks from the store manager. She set up an interview with me in her mall. The interview in general went well and she was very pleasant but she did not have questions ready and was very unprofessional in the way she conducted it. For example, she asked how I would 'discipline' an underperformer. I told her the steps I would take but she cut me off and told me her first response would be to cut someone's hours, not mentioning anything about additional training. Our conversations went well but she asked mostly 'tell me a time' questions and constantly looked at her interview guide for help.

My next interview was with the district manager. The store manager did not tell me this interview was supposed to be over the phone so I drove 45 minutes to the store. Inside the store, the Co-Manager was the only manager on and was one of three people on cash register, which should never happen. This was on a Thursday. I waited for her to break away and come speak to me, and while she was nice as well she was completely oblivious to who I was or what I was doing there. She called the store manager at home and told me my interview would be over the phone and I should be expecting a call. I suspect that they forgot about my interview because the DM called me 15 minutes late from her headset as she was driving.

The DM was also very nice and asked me much more detailed questions and my interview was more like a conversation with her which I appreciated. She said her next step would be to discuss with the SM and she would email me, which she did later that night. After discussion about pay, she indicated I would be made an offer.

A week went by and I didn't hear anything so I emailed her again to follow up. She told me the SM reached out to me but I didn't answer (I had no missed calls or voicemails). She then told me someone else would reach out to me with an offer. Another week went by and still no one. I found another job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you discipline an underperformer?   View Answer

After the second time of reaching out to the DM she finally had someone from Human Resources call to make me an offer. I declined the offer. Even though my actual vocal conversations were congenial, I got the impression that the disorganization was not something I wanted to be a part of.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

Hiring, Interviewing process was quick and easy, you just need to dress nice to impress. Interview questions was simple. They don't seem to keep their papers organize. I got to wait almost an hour after i got there for the interview to be great by the hiring manager. The reason i quit there was because they don't pay for your mall parking.

There wasn't any negotiation

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied from an online job search engine. My interview was a group interview with one other applicant. The interview was really short and she didn't ask many questions. She asked us to tell her about ourselves, and basic questions like our favorite designers.

Interview Questions
    • We were given a 10 minutes limit to put together 3 outfits in the store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in store and the cashier told me that they were hiring everyone who applied. I gave the application directly to the manager and she set me up for an interview a few days later. I showed up for the interview and a different manager that was supposed to interview me had no idea that I was coming in. So after waiting ten minutes for her to make a b phone call and grab my application, we stood in the middle of the store to do my interview. It was very unprofessional and she seemed very disinterested in me and my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • Are you in school, what is your availability..etc   Answer Question
    • told me the 3 positions (cashier, sales associate, fitting room attend., and asked which I would be best for   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions?   View Answer
    I am still waiting for a call about orientation. .

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

My interviewer was very friendly and open. She made me feel comfortable and allowed the interview to flow like a normal conversation versus "ask, answer, repeat". The questions were straight forward and fairly easy to respond to.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you out of everyone else? What sets you apart?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your favorite fashion trends?   Answer Question

I found a better job opportunity.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Group Interview with about 10 people. Regular questions like why do you want to work for us, what would you wear if we hired you today and you started tomorrow?

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Corporate looks a lot like thier stores. Very bright, very chic. I waited for approximately 10 minutes before my interview. The interviewers were unorganized, frazzled and in gerneral were confused about why I was there. The started talking about a position that I had no interest (or qualifications) for. They then looked closer at my resume and realized that I was there for another position. One of the recruiters literally said to me "oh, you're here for a position that we've laready filled" and it seemed as if she was now annoyed that I was there wasting her time. Rather than apologizing, she rolled her eyes and showed me the door. No apology, nothing. I'm sure they did me a "favor" in thier world, but if any of thier recruiters happen to be reading this let me offer you a friendly piece of advice; Kindness and consideration will you get you much much furhter than smug attitudes. You work for Forver21, not Hermes. Your company specializes in making cheap knock off fast fashion for twenty somethings. Having a crap attitude isn't very becoming nor is it something to be proud of. Try and remember that you are ambassadors of the company you work for.