Forever 21

585 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

PR Assistant Interview

PR Assistant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview Details – No phone interview, called in for first round. I was interviewed by 3 younger women, and it was very intimidating. I felt that I was being judged the whole time. They asked tons of questions about fashion, nothing about my PR experience. They had me walk them through every position on my resume and it almost seemed they were struggling to find questions to ask me. One woman kept looking at another person's resume during my interview which I felt was rude. Overall, it was not a good interview experience, the girls were immature and the position has nothing to do with PR.

Interview Question – What fashion blogs do you follow? What celebrity if your fashion twin? What fashion blogs do you follow on Instagram? What do you like about our social media and what can we change?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2013.

Interview Details – I wasn't expecting a group interview. There was about 20 people interviewing for the same position. If you were not communicating with the manager, you basically didn't get the job.

Interview Question – When was a time when you and a customer had a disagreement?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Walked in the store and picked up an application. Turned it in to a manager, they reviewed it and started interviewing me on the spot. It was sudden but I tried to not show it. They asked routine questions like 'why forever 21', 'what would you do in this situation', 'how do you keep up with the latest trends' and I answered them honestly and confidently. i was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Came in filled out App. Manager asked to see me right away. We did a one on one interview in the lobby area of the mall and she asked a series of questions. Nothing out of the ordinary, just previous work history, why I wanted to work their. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – All standard. Why do you want to work here? Etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – The whole process took about 3 and half weeks. A friend of mines told me they were hiring so I hurried up and completed an application. I turned my application and resume in personally to the store manager and introduced myself. She asked certain questions on the spot like do you have any retail experience, etc. I had ZERO experience in retail but I showed confidence & also explained my last job where I worked directly with people. She told me she would give me a call but of course as a job seeker NEVER rely on that. I called about a week later to speak with her on following up with my app but she wouldn't be in that entire week! So I continued my job hunt. About 2 weeks later I finally got a call for an interview. It was a one on one interview with an assistant manager, who was very laid back and the questions asked were as well. After the interview she told me I should be receiving a call in a couple days. 2 days later I was offered the position. I accepted and had to go through two days of orientation! I started my first shift a couple days later.

Interview Question – The questions were really basic.
Tell me about yourself.
What's your sense of style?
How would you deal w/ a difficult customer?
Why would you like to work in retail?
How well do you work w/ others?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview Details – There is a interview with the district manager and if you are considered you are called back for an interview with the store manager and district manager depending on the store. Some interviews are group interviews with different store managers to see if you are qualified for a new store opening.

Interview Question – What are your Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – s

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward and told me you can't have another life or job outside of their company.. The lady who interviewed me was really nice but straight forward at the same time. Came to liking her but she quit a little after I joined the team.

Interview Question – What would you do in this situation? And I swear they would throw any random scenario at you...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – DON'T DO IT IF YOU STILL WANT A LIFE.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview in the middle of the store. I was very relaxed. The store manager asked us about our previous work experience, what does customer service mean to us, and how do we handle difficult customers. Pretty much if you had a good personality and spoke up, then you would most likely get hired. I got a call two days after my interview and happily accepted. I work at Forever21 for about a year and my co-workers became my little family.

Interview Question – How do prevent someone from stealing?   Answer Question

Manchester, NH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview Details – Got an walk -in/ paper application. Filled it out at home and brought it in two days later. Manger spoke with me and did an on the spot interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating needed. Manager was very friendly and personable!

Production Coordinator Assistant Interview

Production Coordinator Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend and contacted by a very nice HR worker within a few days (by email) to set up an in-person interview. Met with a production manager, wasn't asked a lot of "basic" and boring interview questions. It seemed more like a conversation where she really was trying to get a good feel for me.

Interview Question – What are your future career goals? (This one was tricky for me because I felt like if I stated someone outside of this job path it would mean I plan on leaving soon/at some point)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was too low

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!