Forever 21

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

Group interview, if theyre doing an open house make sure to get there EARLY,i came in an hour late and there was a giant line from one end of the building to the other! Oh also the people for this company are so unprofessional,it will take them weeks to call you back for training, and they don't even give you a schedule you have to call and they don't even answer the phone when you do, please look for a better job opportunity somewhere else forever 21 is not worth it, it really is just a waste of time.

Corporate Interview- Payroll Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Let me start with this: I will NEVER work for Forever 21

Upon arriving to Forever 21 corporate, the location was pretty sketchy. The instructions to get to the right parking lot was incorrect. In the e-mail, they said to go to lot 2; however, I found out that it was supposed to be lot 4. Bad communication already.

So for the interview, they bring you to a conference room that looks like an interrogation room. It was a white room and table with black chairs.

The interviewer was so rude. The position was an entry level position only requiring an Associates degree. The interviewer skimmed my resume and basically said my experience was useless, even though I had 2 years of experience and my bachelors degree. Keep in mind, I just graduated a month ago and had 2 years of experience which is pretty good as it is already. She was basically testing me the whole time, she smirked and asked me questions hoping to stump me. It was NOT a get to know you, it was more like an interrogation. Then she literally told me "This job is not fun. Its alot of attention to detail. You have to work holidays". Which was really discouraging...I mean what kind of companies say that during an interview?

After that she asked for my salary range. I told her it was 41-50k. Prior to this interview, I told the recruiter this same amount and she agreed that it was a reasonable salary range. I also based this number off of the average salary for this position and for this city (LA). After telling her my range, she tried to undercut me by saying " thats too high. i dont like the negotiation process. this is an entry level positon, think of your lowest number you would work for an entry level position" I told her low thirty and high forties but she STILL was not happy. She basically wanted to pay me low thirties!

What I dont understand is...she wants someone who was more experienced yet wanted to pay them less. I definitely do not want to work for a boss like that. I left and will never look back on Forever 21.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied there during the summer and got a call back for a group interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. I came into the interview and the hiring manager was on their break, so another manager conducted it. I thought it was fairly easy-- why Forever 21? Question about own fashion sense, what makes good customer service, if an item was stolen etc. Fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were in a situation where you are going into another room to help a customer, then another customer approaches you and you notice another customer is using a hook to get something from the higher racks, while you hear the phone ringing; how would all that be handled?   View Answer
    Since I asked a little more than what minimum wage was, we met halfway

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

I got a phone call from one of the recruiting coordinators to schedule an interview. They had two different dates to choose from and it wasn't the typical "let me know your availability," you only had those two dates to choose from. Later, I found out that I was going to a group interview. We were 4 or 5 people in total and I believe that they were 5 in total to come interview with us. The questions weren't that many or particularly difficult, but it was definitely harder to come up with original answers when there were others, answering the same question as you were.

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was pretty cool, alot of candidates so arrive early! It's a group which doesn't make it bad but could be intimidating at the same time. Questions were pretty simple just relax, dress fashionable and try to stand out!

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process took 1 day. I attended a job fair. They asked easy questions like who is your favorite fashion designer, why forever 21 etc. If you have the Forever 21 look you'll get hired. Look trendy and fashionable for the interview and you'll be fine :)

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Group Interview, called for a second interview with the store manager. Hired on the spot. There were about 2 other people in the group interview, we all answered the same questions. Less than 24 hours later I was called for a one on one interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Applied online, got a call 2 days later , went in for an intereview , it was a group interview held in the food court if the mall. There were about 4 other girls with WAY More experience than I. We went around the table introducing ourselves what we like to do & then she asked basic questions like can u handle fast paced environments ? what's good customer service ? Etc. not hard questions at all, the manger and I were talking like we've bern friends it was great! At the end of the interview she basically said I'll call before the end of the day to let you know if we want you , if you don't get a call then sorry ! 7:00pm rolled around & I got a call ! I cried I was so excited I got the job.

Interview Questions
    She called and asked if I would want the seasonal position for 8.25 & I accepted

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Really easy-- had to pick out an outfit, asked why one would work for Forever 21, asked about any previous experience, it was very simple and straight forward. I went on one of the days where they were having open interviews-- the store manager sat in the front, we filled out an application and we were all just interviewed on the spot. By the end of the 20 minute interview, we found out whether or not we were hired.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing that was difficult was that they asked you to walk around the store and pick out an outfit which took me a while because the store is so huge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

I went to one of the job fair/open interview events at the King of Prussia Mall in Pennsylvania. There were not very many people, which was a plus because I felt less intimidated. However, I did go pretty early. The open interviews were going on from 11am until 3pm so I'm guessing a lot of people probably showed up later. When I got there, a sales associate told me to go to the second floor. Upstairs there were a few tables set up and we had to sit there and fill out a paper job application. When we finished, we gave our applications to a manager and we were interviewed on the spot. The interview was INCREDIBLY short. I wasn't the only one that felt that way either. I asked a few others that I saw there and they completely agreed. I felt like the manager barely got to know me. When it was over, I literally said "that's it?" Aside from that, I actually enjoyed the interview. I'm a little shy and I was super nervous but once I was in front of the manager I felt completely comfortable, relaxed, and confident. The manager was very friendly!

Interview Questions
    • What brings you to forever 21?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you disagreed with someone. How did you deal with it in order to work together?   Answer Question
    • Past job experience and how it relates to this job   Answer Question
    No negotiations