Forever 21

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I was interviewed once, during a group interview of about seven people. I received a phone call that same day in the evening saying they'd live to bring me on. Advice: dress to impress! Seems like a no-brainer but definitely should not be taken lightly. First impressions are everything, especially since Forever 21 is a leading retail company for men and women's fashions. Stand out from other candidates by: having a great, business-casual outfit, extraordinary personality, friendliness, and positivity, and individuality/confidence in interview answers.

Interview Questions
    This was my first job. I began as a sales associate and It was the perfect retail store to gain customer service experience because of the company's fast pace, high volume, and diversity. However, I would not say that this is the greatest company for someone interested in growing with because it is so large. Depends on location, but there is a lot of competition between ground level employees (sales associate) or any position wanting to advance to a higher position. Definitely takes determination, excelling perseverance, and patience!

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

very easy. had the experience and they really wanted to get rid of the manager that was working there interview was more so of a get to know me and selling the job to me

none.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I initially went in for a Sales Associate interview. Met manager and other candidates for group interview. Standard customer service etc questions, few behavioural based questions, went around the group basically one by one.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that I had not thought to prepare for was what is my favourite fashion designer and why. The rest of the questions were basic like Why did I want to work for Forever 21 and customer based scenarios.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

Walked in asked for a manager and got an application. Got interviewed on the spot. They told me they would Start me off as a head cashier, I said it was okay . Got hired 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    I took a lower position for higher pay then the position offers.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

I went to a job fair at Houston Galleria Forever 21, I filled out an application and was interviewed on spot. She asked me some questions such as "How would you react if a customer got really upset with our no cash refunds policy?" "What kind of experience have you gotten from your other jobs?" She was very nice and had a positive energy. I was very excited and happy.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions at all. Make sure you mention your great customer service!   Answer Question
    She never even said the actual words "I'm going to make you an offer" There was no negation phrase she just walked over to a desk wrote down my orientation date and rate of pay, put it in an envelope and handed it to me and said "don't miss orientation!"

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

I walked in dressed up on my way to another interview. Forever 21 was doing walk-in interviews so the manager asked me if I would like one. I did the interview it went great and I was offered the position.

None

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in November 2014.

They were hiring for seasonal, I took my application in with no prior experience in retail and got a call for an interview the next day and had it the following day. I had a group/one-on-one Interview with one other girl. It was really easy and simple, just be yourself! After, the manager hired us on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • "If you had to picture your favorite fall outfit, what would it look like?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in November 2014.

The interview process was to the point, there were four of us and questions were asked and each of us would answer. The interviewer made sure we would all get to answer a question first, as to make everyone answer on the spot. In total we had eight questions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a problem with a coworker and if you did, how did you deal with the situation?   View Answer

I decided to work for another company.

Sales Associate Interview

On the spot interview with a couple of questions given. Usually its the district manager or store manager conducting these interviews and on a rare occasion is will be the co-manager or assistant manager.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

They ask you who inspires you ..such as who's your favorite designer... always mention you follow f21 style!! There will be a second interview where they are going to ask you about the latest trends! Everything is about style and personality!!

Times square $10 the hour