Forever 21

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied there during the summer and got a call back for a group interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. I came into the interview and the hiring manager was on their break, so another manager conducted it. I thought it was fairly easy-- why Forever 21? Question about own fashion sense, what makes good customer service, if an item was stolen etc. Fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were in a situation where you are going into another room to help a customer, then another customer approaches you and you notice another customer is using a hook to get something from the higher racks, while you hear the phone ringing; how would all that be handled?   View Answer
    Since I asked a little more than what minimum wage was, we met halfway

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

I got a phone call from one of the recruiting coordinators to schedule an interview. They had two different dates to choose from and it wasn't the typical "let me know your availability," you only had those two dates to choose from. Later, I found out that I was going to a group interview. We were 4 or 5 people in total and I believe that they were 5 in total to come interview with us. The questions weren't that many or particularly difficult, but it was definitely harder to come up with original answers when there were others, answering the same question as you were.

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was pretty cool, alot of candidates so arrive early! It's a group which doesn't make it bad but could be intimidating at the same time. Questions were pretty simple just relax, dress fashionable and try to stand out!

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process took 1 day. I attended a job fair. They asked easy questions like who is your favorite fashion designer, why forever 21 etc. If you have the Forever 21 look you'll get hired. Look trendy and fashionable for the interview and you'll be fine :)

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Group Interview, called for a second interview with the store manager. Hired on the spot. There were about 2 other people in the group interview, we all answered the same questions. Less than 24 hours later I was called for a one on one interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Applied online, got a call 2 days later , went in for an intereview , it was a group interview held in the food court if the mall. There were about 4 other girls with WAY More experience than I. We went around the table introducing ourselves what we like to do & then she asked basic questions like can u handle fast paced environments ? what's good customer service ? Etc. not hard questions at all, the manger and I were talking like we've bern friends it was great! At the end of the interview she basically said I'll call before the end of the day to let you know if we want you , if you don't get a call then sorry ! 7:00pm rolled around & I got a call ! I cried I was so excited I got the job.

Interview Questions
    She called and asked if I would want the seasonal position for 8.25 & I accepted

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Really easy-- had to pick out an outfit, asked why one would work for Forever 21, asked about any previous experience, it was very simple and straight forward. I went on one of the days where they were having open interviews-- the store manager sat in the front, we filled out an application and we were all just interviewed on the spot. By the end of the 20 minute interview, we found out whether or not we were hired.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing that was difficult was that they asked you to walk around the store and pick out an outfit which took me a while because the store is so huge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

I went to one of the job fair/open interview events at the King of Prussia Mall in Pennsylvania. There were not very many people, which was a plus because I felt less intimidated. However, I did go pretty early. The open interviews were going on from 11am until 3pm so I'm guessing a lot of people probably showed up later. When I got there, a sales associate told me to go to the second floor. Upstairs there were a few tables set up and we had to sit there and fill out a paper job application. When we finished, we gave our applications to a manager and we were interviewed on the spot. The interview was INCREDIBLY short. I wasn't the only one that felt that way either. I asked a few others that I saw there and they completely agreed. I felt like the manager barely got to know me. When it was over, I literally said "that's it?" Aside from that, I actually enjoyed the interview. I'm a little shy and I was super nervous but once I was in front of the manager I felt completely comfortable, relaxed, and confident. The manager was very friendly!

Interview Questions
    • What brings you to forever 21?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you disagreed with someone. How did you deal with it in order to work together?   Answer Question
    • Past job experience and how it relates to this job   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

It was a open interview in NYC that lasted several days. There were a lot of available positions for a new store opening up, a whole new floor that was expanded in a old store, as well as another store that needed new employees. My guess is that there were at least 50 people waiting for their turn when I was there. Each person received a application to fill out before getting interviewed. 8 people were brought into the fitting room at one time to sit in a semicircle facing one of the managers. The interview itself was pretty quick and smooth. The manager was really nice and made everyone feel comfortable. He introduced himself and explained his position. We went around the room to introduce ourselves and then he asked the group 2 questions. Its good to know the history of the company because I personally was asked to tell what other information I knew about Forever21. Luckily I did my research beforehand and the manager was impressed with me. At the end he went over everyone's resumes and asked about our availability. When the interview was over he called a few names to stay back for 'further questioning about our resumes'. When the other people left he told the remainder of us that we were hired and that he just didn't want to say it in front of the people that he let leave.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

I went to the store and got an application. When I brought it back the manager looked it over and scheduled an interview time with me. The interviewIng manager was relatively friendly, but put on hand sanitizer immediately after shaking my hand, which made me uncomfortable. The interview was short and she said I would hear from them by the next day. I did not hear from them and it has been one week.

Interview Questions
    • At our store we only do exchanges or store credit returns. What would you do if a customer was making a scene because they want their money back?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a customer stealing? What about if you saw a coworker stealing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me
      one positive and one negative trait you have.

Answer Question