Forever 21 Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.1

Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in September 2009.

Planning and organization of the interview was a mess. They did not have a place to interview me, they also did not know who was going to interview me. The work ethics are the best as they stay for long long hours of work, this said by an ex-employee designer as well. People are pretty laid back, the cafeteria which I was abel to see from the lobby reminded me of a cafeteria from high school, lack of presence and corporate environment atmosphere.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because the lady that interviewed was extremely rude to me given that I told her I wanted to at least get paid $18 or $16 per hour. This considering that I had 2 years of experience under my belt + a very professional professional portfolio and letters of recommendation from Senior tittles at Jones. She responded: "Honey, you should go home and rethink what you really should be getting paid" Nobody with your tittle gets paid $16, Not True! Wuahaha. Or course, I declined, and later got a job a Guess for the rate that I wanted in the same city. BTW, they wanted to pay me only $14 plus had to stay hours extra if they needed.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2013.

I was sent an e mail by Kawika the Hawaii DM for a Store Manager interview asking if I can come in the next day. I am a store manager I cant just "take a day off" I replied saying I could make it on Thursday sadly I needed to work. She never sent as much of a courtesy reply because I couldn't drop everything to come in the next day. Already shows how they treat there managers.

Production Coordinator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in April 2012.

interview took long

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

The communication was fine, and the interview planning was standard. I received a call from a recruiter who asked me to come in for an interview within the next couple of weeks. Once I got there, I was immediately shown in to see the hiring manager. It was obvious that he did not have much experience with proper interviewing, but it did last two hours and I left feeling like I had gave it my all. The atmosphere was very chic, and the people at reception area was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult obstacle you have encountered in your past job, and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Forever 21.

Went early in the morning. It was an open interview. I've waited for 20 minutes before I went in with a group and it was the HR that was interviewing us. She only asked 2 questions and based on how you answered, you would get called for another interview. nice try

Interview Questions
    • If I were to throw a party, what position would you like and why?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

1. Applied Online
    2. Was contacted via phone about 5-14 days later (don't remember exactly how long)
    3. Scheduled an in person 1:1 interview with the Co-Manager
    4. Interviewed in the food court outside F21

Seemed very judgmental, could tell he wasn't going to hire me from the start. Could tell he was un-impressed by all of my answers, asked a lot of questions I didn't know the answer to, or wasn't even sure I was at disclosure to answer about my previous employer.

Interview Questions
    • What volume did you previously work with (Specify? What??)
      How much did my previous employer make in sales a year (I was never told, that was private)
      No situational questions but lots of odd questions that are very technical
        Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

Went thru a recruiter for the position. It went well however the director changed focus to put me on a different line. After almost 6 months of back and forth interviews and two "projects", I met with the owner. His only question was if I was korean, basically I did not get the job because I was not Korean or knew other koreans.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple projects were required for the interview process, free work and consultation   Answer Question

Senior Inventory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

Phone interview with recruiter which lasted 20-25 minutes-explained new position, assessed my experience, discussed my interest in new job and minimum salary requirements, discussed my work style, learned about company benefits, etc

1:1 In person interview with potential boss which lasted 30 minutes-assessed my experience, explained dynamics of growing team and tested my Excel skills.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to demonstrate advanced excel skills on the spot   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in May 2014.

I applied to forever 21 as a walk in a eek before and didn't hear anything for about a eek, so I went back to the same forever 21 and this time just turned in my resume. This was on Monday, on Wednesday I got a call from one of the managers asking for an Interview. I went in and wasn't sure if i was supposed to be by myself or with another girl, because originally my interview was as 12:00, but i had class so i rescheduled for 11. I walk in and see another girl getting interviewed and had to fill out another application, because i guess they lost it. After that the questioning began, she asked both of us the same questions like, "what are your strengths and weaknesses", "what can you do if i hire you","why do you want to work here", "what is good customer service", "what is your ideal boss like" She asked aloottt of questions but it was like she was interested so it wasn't too bad. she just also asked personal questions and i just talked about how i volunteer often and over to be apart of the community. Also I added a few jokes, I'm pretty sarcastic, so you know had to push the laugh card. She also kept reminding me that the job is very tough and you have to work really hard. It was my first job ever, so that's why she may have been hesitant However, the interview somehow went great and she offered both of us the job on the spot! Ahh finally employed!

Interview Questions
    • Why i didn't put want to work Saturday and Sunday, and when I changed it to say I could because I really want to work there, she asked why did you write it in the first place and I had to explain school, studying, etc..   Answer Question
    Not sure yet, we still have to do that, however during the interview it didn't come up just my availability

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in August 2010.

The interview was for their opening store in Dublin.
    It was done in groups of around 30 people with 3 rounds you had to complete to get the job.
    First round was a group question round. Second was a test of your style (had to put an outfit together)
    Third was a one to one interview.
    It was a good process, you got to know people.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with Forever21   View Answer