Forever 21

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

submitted app online,

pretty basic part time position interview, asked you about previous sales experience, where, why you left, etc.

asked about yourself, where you are in life, etc etc etc. all very basic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

Group interview, if theyre doing an open house make sure to get there EARLY,i came in an hour late and there was a giant line from one end of the building to the other! Oh also the people for this company are so unprofessional,it will take them weeks to call you back for training, and they don't even give you a schedule you have to call and they don't even answer the phone when you do, please look for a better job opportunity somewhere else forever 21 is not worth it, it really is just a waste of time.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

When I was interviewed there I first handed in my CV to the store, I then was called and had a phone interview a few days later. It was very informal and the interviewer was very chatty and friendly. So be really chatty and friendly back. I then was asked to come in for a 1-1 which was also very laid back and was offered the job straight after the interview. From working there, I've realised they also do group interview a but I don't expect that to be too hard neither.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

It was pretty easy. I spoke to the store manager one on one and I got hired on the spot. The questions weren't that hard, for example, "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" or "What's one thing that separate F21 from other fashion companies?" that sorta thing.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in May 2013.

The hiring manager and I sat on couches out in the mall. The interview overall was really relaxed. She asked about my experience with customer service and gave me a scenario and asked me how I would deal with it. The rest of the interview was about me, my personality, and the ultimate question: "If you were a fruit, which would you be?" I thought it was weird but I somehow managed to come up with the corniest answer (but I guess it helped me because I ended up getting the job…just not on the spot). I waited for about two weeks until she finally got back to me and asked me to come in for a second interview with the store's head manager. He was super laid-back and and just asked about my experience and my personality as well..and voila! I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a fruit, which one would you be? (I'm not kidding)   View Answer

Assistant Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2013.

Received a phone interview and the HR girl was very nice and easy to talk to. Made an in person interview appointment a week later with 1 person but 2 girls showed up instead. Was asked very basic interview questions with no curve ball or trick questions and it lasted no more than 20 minutes. Although the HR girl was very friendly, my interviewers gave a cold vibe from the beginning.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

Had a casual interview outside the store with both manager and district manager. The manager seemed under a lot of pressure the day I called in for the interview so it was very rushed. I was asked the dreaded qs name your 5 biggest weaknesses. Have only ever been asked to name 1 weakness in an interview before so was thrown by this qs.

Interview Questions
    • name your 5 biggest strengths and 5 biggest weaknesses. Tell me about a time you had a difficult situation with work and how you handled it. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time. What can you contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

I just walked in and asked for an application.
    the manager said I could attend the group interview at the end of the week on the spot.
    It was just a typical group interview where two managers asked everyone questions.
    after the interview they called you back within a few days to get you to come back to fill out the paperwork.

Corporate Interview- Payroll Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Let me start with this: I will NEVER work for Forever 21

Upon arriving to Forever 21 corporate, the location was pretty sketchy. The instructions to get to the right parking lot was incorrect. In the e-mail, they said to go to lot 2; however, I found out that it was supposed to be lot 4. Bad communication already.

So for the interview, they bring you to a conference room that looks like an interrogation room. It was a white room and table with black chairs.

The interviewer was so rude. The position was an entry level position only requiring an Associates degree. The interviewer skimmed my resume and basically said my experience was useless, even though I had 2 years of experience and my bachelors degree. Keep in mind, I just graduated a month ago and had 2 years of experience which is pretty good as it is already. She was basically testing me the whole time, she smirked and asked me questions hoping to stump me. It was NOT a get to know you, it was more like an interrogation. Then she literally told me "This job is not fun. Its alot of attention to detail. You have to work holidays". Which was really discouraging...I mean what kind of companies say that during an interview?

After that she asked for my salary range. I told her it was 41-50k. Prior to this interview, I told the recruiter this same amount and she agreed that it was a reasonable salary range. I also based this number off of the average salary for this position and for this city (LA). After telling her my range, she tried to undercut me by saying " thats too high. i dont like the negotiation process. this is an entry level positon, think of your lowest number you would work for an entry level position" I told her low thirty and high forties but she STILL was not happy. She basically wanted to pay me low thirties!

What I dont understand is...she wants someone who was more experienced yet wanted to pay them less. I definitely do not want to work for a boss like that. I left and will never look back on Forever 21.

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I went to the store and got an application. When I brought it back the manager looked it over and scheduled an interview time with me. The interviewIng manager was relatively friendly, but put on hand sanitizer immediately after shaking my hand, which made me uncomfortable. The interview was short and she said I would hear from them by the next day. I did not hear from them and it has been one week.

Interview Questions
    • At our store we only do exchanges or store credit returns. What would you do if a customer was making a scene because they want their money back?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a customer stealing? What about if you saw a coworker stealing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me
      one positive and one negative trait you have.

Answer Question