Forever 21

Average Difficulty
566 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2011.

Interview Details – There were several group interviews that you could be scheduled into, so they were pretty flexible if you couldn't make the first group interview. There wasn't much of an introduction, you are shuttled into a room with a large table; my group had about 20 people in it, with 1-2 management people. We were asked questions about personal style, quizzed on how we'd put things together, asked about tough circumstances in past jobs, etc. and we went around the table and each had to answer. It was a little awkward when someone copied the answer of the person before them, so you have to be on your toes to be original and stand out. Dress stylishly but semi-professionally, because they were definitely taking that into account.

Interview Question – How would you describe your personal style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, they offered a very low wage, whatever the minimum wage was at the time, and they were not open to talking about it because so many others were in line behind me for a position.

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2011.

Interview Details – There was one group interview. We sat in the middle of the mall in an area with couches. The hiring manager would ask a question and everyone would take turns going around answering it. The questions were very easy to answer (why do you want to work for Forever 21, what makes you a good candidate, etc). Make sure to dress trendy! They made a comment right away about how they loved my outfit. I got a call the next day saying that I was hired.

Torrance, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2014.

Interview Details – The manager who interviewed me was Fay. She was pretty standard, and the first question she asked after shaking hands was what is something the del amo forever 21 can improve on and how can we make it perform better. The interview took less than 10 minutes.

Interview Question – worst experience in retail.   View Answer

Waikïkï, HI

I applied online and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I did a group interview during a F21 job fair. They sat us all down and asked about three basic questions. Then we went into the store, picked one article of clothing, and had to "sell" it to the manager interviewing us. We didn't submit any resumes.

Interview Question – We had to answer a question about a specific experience working in a team.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Honestly I didn't even have an interview at first, they called me and said I was hired. But then a week after I went to orientation they called me again and gave me an over the phone interview.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Just why I chose forever 21   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I heard that forever 21 was a horrible place to work at, all from the internet and friends who have experienced working there. So I found another job

Visual Manager Interview

Visual Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2011.

Interview Details – She reviewed my application to make sure I was qualified. Then set the interview. She asked me series of interview questions; expected responds to questions; gave job description; and open floor for me to ask questions. Upper management repeats first step, questions were a little more in-depth. After interview they compared notes and made a decision.

Interview Question – The most difficult question usually ask is "tell me your weakness".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No it didn't get to negotiate. My advice would be to go in high with you salary demands, that why when they counter you you'll get close to the amount you desire.

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview with myself and two other females. One of the co-store managers handled the interview, it lasted about 45 mins. The questions asked were group questions in which everyone took a turn explaining how they'd relate or handle a situation.

Interview Question – The questions pertained to customer service and the "how would you handle this..." type of questions. Pretty straight forward and what I was expecting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I already had plans to take off right before Christmas for my dad's bday, wrist tone of year in retail, but t get were accommodating and I got the time off I needed.

West Nyack, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2014.

Interview Details – They were so desperate to hire new people, they made false promises of a Head Cashier position that they were never considering me for in the first place even though I had the right experience for it.

Negotiation Details – It was under false pretenses. They hired me for one position, but when hired, gave me a lower position with an unclear excuse. Nothing was set in stone from the beginning and I was treated like trash as soon as I was hired. I was hired the beginning of April but didn't start until the middle of May. I notified the manager that I was giving my other job a 2 week notice and she said okay...but every time I called to start work, there was always an excuse. They lost my application 3 times. I was out of work for almost a month with no income and an apartment with rent to pay. They were totally disorganized. Orientation was only an hour long, we did not get a full tour of the store and an explanation as to how the store works. Working there is a nightmare, they treat you poorly, do not care to respect your availability, and keep you past your scheduled time which could be past 2am. No one has a care for your personal life, you're a slave from the minute you clock in.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I applied in store and a few weeks later was called in for an interview. It was a group interview though not overwhelming. I received a call about ten minutes after walking out of the store and was hired.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

XXI Sales Associate Interview

XXI Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I have retail experience so I was offered an interview right away, especially with having OPEN availability, they always look for people with open availability. the interview processs is pretty easy and all the questions are too. like why do you want to work here...whats your strengths.. why should we hire you...
Dress to impress! and youll know you get the job if they set you up with a second interview.

Interview Question – what would you do if you caught someone stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nope, minimum wage.