Forever 21

515 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2012.

Interview Details – I did open interviews. But the interview process is the same (they call a lot, the interview a lot, they hire a few from those who came). We did an interview one on one and asked about 10-15 questions. The questions are simple, mainly about customer service and how to deal in certain situations. Then was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you style a tank top? What if we dont have an item in stock, what do you do to help the customer?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Group interview in a mall food court. Asked basic questions about school and work experience, asked about a hard situation and how you handled it. Very laid back, almost an immediate call back and job offer. No drug test, just come in and fill out some paperwork, walk around the store get explained the different sections and floor set and then start. No real training. Made us watch a video on shoplifters.. Very easy hiring process because they always need employees because people quit so much.

Interview Question – Group interview made it difficult to provide different responses to questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went to the forever 21 job fair and had a small interview with one of the assistant managers. The following week I got a call to come do a interview. It was a group interview but they try to make it more like a conversation. They asked simple questions like "why do you want to work here instead of elsewhere, your pros and cons, what do you know about forever 21 the company, what do you have on that's from forever21, and just to tell a little about yourself.

Interview Question – All were easy and expected   Answer Question

Fairfield, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was quick and they only asked why I wanted to work there. The interview took place right in front of the store before it opened, which I felt was unexpected.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Visual Manager Interview

Visual Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – first interview typical interview questions based on experience

second interview dressing manniquins

Negotiation Details – i countered and they met me half way

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2011.

Interview Details – I heard by word of mouth that there was an opening for an assistant management position. I went to apply, interviewed with the store manager, then got an interview with district manager. She asked only a few questions, we talked about the company and a few personal inquiries. It was short and straight forward. They ran a background check which took about a week to get back to them. A few days later I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I expected.

Norridge, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

Interview Details – I saw Forever21 was hiring, printed out an application from the site, went to the store, asked for the manager, introduced myself, shook her hand and handed her my application. I got a call two days later for a group interview. The interview was in the back stock room. None of the others girls showed up so it turned into 1:1 interview. I brought another filled out application just in case. She asked all the basic interview questions and asked my availability. Your availability is key in the hiring process, if you have open availability or you can close a lot, you'll most likely get the job.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult   Answer Question

Lake Grove, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was called 1 day after submitting an application in person. I had an interview the following day, and a job the day after that.

Interview Question – 3 strengths, 3 areas of improvement   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Visual Merchandising Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was with the Field Merchandising Manager and after some of the typical interview questions, she have me 20 min to run around the store and pick 2 looks for the Olsen twins for a holiday party. It went well and she said she would contact me in a week to schedule an interview with the District Manager. She did contact me in a week, but the interview was with a Store Manager and Visual Manager of the store I would take over. It was a little uncomfortable with 2 sets of eyes looking at you and questioning you, but the questions were about the same as the first interview. This time, they gave me 20 min to pull 5 looks, not taking into consideration how huge the store was and me not knowing where all their merchandise is, but I managed to do it. They disagreed with what my "celebrity male" would dress like and even though I wanted to argue back how they were wrong, I didn't say anything. After about 2 wks, I emailed the Field Merchandiser just to touch base with the interviews and let them know I was still interested if they haven't found someone to fill the position yet. Got a call the next day and was offered the job, however, I was going to start off as a regular merchandiser first and only "IF" a Visual Manager position became available at a store would I "MAYBE" get it. Well...that wasn't the position I applied for!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered me a position I did not apply for.

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I was recruited for the position by a former colleague. I only had one interview, with both him and the District Manager present. It was a surprisingly easy interview process for such a high-level position in a large-volume store. If I remember correctly, it would actually stand as the quickest and simplest interview process I've ever undergone.

Possibly helpful information: at least in my area (NY), I was informed by the store manager that Forever 21 (possibly as a company???) doesn't check references. Odd, but true.

Interview Question – Everything asked was very routine. No surprise questions for anyone who prepares properly for interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were not at all flexible in terms of compensation. It was a take-it-or-leave-it offer. I had asked for fifty cents higher an hour, and after consulting with the Regional Manager by phone (which took a few days), the request was denied.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forever 21