Forever 21 Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Turned in my application to the manager and she asked me to come back the next day for an interview. The next day for my interview, I shook hands with the manager right away and asked how she was doing, and she took me to a backroom where I was interviewed one on one. She asked a lot about my availability, my work experience (McDonald's and Library/Media intern) and described the position as well, also assuring that I would enjoy my time there (if hired). I thought the interview went poorly even though I made good eye contact and smiled a lot because it was super short (10 minutes), and I was unprepared, but 3 days later later I received a call back and she offered me a position. They misread my application though I guess, because they assumed I was already 18, and I'm 17. They were cool about it and promised me a position there once I turn 18, which is in 4 months. I was disappointed, but at least I know I'll be working there soon! Everyone who I spoke with was super friendly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your style inspiration? What are your hobbies? How would you deal with an angry customer? What does customer service mean to you? What do you think you could bring to this company if hired?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and brief and easy, it was with 2 other people and we were asked basic questions such as why forever 21 etc. We were told we were going to get a call the same day to know whether or not we were offered the position. However I did not receive a call until 3 days after being offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was told to come in today for an open house interview 12-2. I came at 12 and no one even knew there was one. I waited 20 minutes and someone finally came and only questioned me for two minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Dearborn, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, me and six other young ladies. He pulled us to the other side of the store and conducted the interview. He wrote our names down on a sheet of paper and began asking questions. He gave everyone a chance to speak, he was professional, he wasn't uptight and made everyone feel comfortable. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes and once the interview was over, he told everyone that he would call if they had the offer. He called within the next 4 hours after.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give me a time where you had to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Bronx, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Ver long because there was a lot of paperwork and because it was a group interview it took much long then an regular interview would take. The mangers were very nice and well respected .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very brief. I was interviewed by myself (not in a group interview like most) by the store manager. She asked a few questions, told me what she didn't like, a little about the company, & hired me right on the spot! However it did take me 2 weeks to get hired due to processing my info in the system, I guess.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, it was the hiring manager and one other applicant in a room. Very casual. The hiring manager was very reassuring and made me feel confident afterwards. She did a really good job at helping us feel at ease with the entire process and was great at answering my questions.

Interview Questions

• We were asked how we would describe our style, why we wanted to work at Forever 21, etc.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and then received a call about a week later. I had applied to roughly eight retail jobs within a reasonable driving distance and they all called to set up interviews at about the same time, so within three days I had five interviews, with Forever 21 being the last of that particular interview period. It was a group interview with NINE people – the most people in my other group interviews was four. It was honestly a bit terrible, because they sat all of us down with a bunch of tables grouped together in the food court (odd, because all of my other interviews were in the back room of the store). Besides the fact that there were nine of us, it was noisy, and difficult to hear everybody. It really would have been kinder to everybody involved if they had just split the group into two. The questions were pretty run of the mill – no specific scenarios, nothing about distinguishing Forever21 from other stores. They asked us about our retail experience, and I was the only applicant who had actually worked retail before. I didn't get an offer, but it should be noted that I got an offer from every single other store I interviewed with. I'm not offended, so I'm just going to assume I wasn't one of their top choices because I was inarguably the youngest applicant, being under 18 still and thus probably with less job experience overall. Plus, if the interview was indicative of F21 job conditions, I'm not sure I would have wanted the position anyway!

Interview Questions

• Describe your best boss and your worst boss. What qualities made them good/bad? (It did not necessarily have to be an employer though, because a lot of people ended up talking about a teacher or other kind of leader.)   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was casual and I connected well with the manager. I went in for an application because I saw that they were hiring. After shopping around I decided to fill out an application and apply. The manager immediately gave me an interview and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Lakewood, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to an open job fair for a Forever 21 store. The store manager and assistant manager met with 10 people at a time for a group interview. We were asked to fill out an application and bring our resume with us to the job fair. I dressed in casual trendy clothing versus business attire. They asked basic questions like: Tell me about yourself. What is your schedule like? Are you open to weekends and holidays? (They emphasized this as important) How do you stay up to date on fashion? How would you pick an outfit for someone who came into the store needing help picking out an outfit? etc...