Forever 21

2.1

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in November 2014.

They were hiring for seasonal, I took my application in with no prior experience in retail and got a call for an interview the next day and had it the following day. I had a group/one-on-one Interview with one other girl. It was really easy and simple, just be yourself! After, the manager hired us on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • "If you had to picture your favorite fall outfit, what would it look like?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in November 2014.

The interview process was to the point, there were four of us and questions were asked and each of us would answer. The interviewer made sure we would all get to answer a question first, as to make everyone answer on the spot. In total we had eight questions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a problem with a coworker and if you did, how did you deal with the situation?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

On the spot interview with a couple of questions given. Usually its the district manager or store manager conducting these interviews and on a rare occasion is will be the co-manager or assistant manager.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

They ask you who inspires you ..such as who's your favorite designer... always mention you follow f21 style!! There will be a second interview where they are going to ask you about the latest trends! Everything is about style and personality!!

Times square $10 the hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Asked fun questions. Easy process. Loved that they are fun to talk to. Wish they allowed me to ask questions as well. But overall is was a quick and enjoyable interview

Yes I was able to negotiate but I didn't. I liked the pay they offered

Logistics Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Forever 21.

Got the job through an agency. Worked for about three months, Got offered to turn company, I took it, and only lasted about a month. There was no interview, Just an orientation, pretty much to explain what they'll be expecting from you.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

The interview was super easy just make sure to mention a lot about good customer service and focus on how to make customer happy and impressed. Talk about how youre friendly and outgoing and can be really helpful to meeting customers needs. show interest and be confident.

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

A group interview, was very straight to the point, was given info about the company and daily routine. I then was given a skills test to make sure I could handle the physical demands of the job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Sent application months before, called me in for an interview, made me fill out another application, turned me away after realizing I wasn't 18 even though I had said I was 17 in both my resumé and my application.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forever 21.

Upon completing and online app, I got a call within two weeks from the store manager. She set up an interview with me in her mall. The interview in general went well and she was very pleasant but she did not have questions ready and was very unprofessional in the way she conducted it. For example, she asked how I would 'discipline' an underperformer. I told her the steps I would take but she cut me off and told me her first response would be to cut someone's hours, not mentioning anything about additional training. Our conversations went well but she asked mostly 'tell me a time' questions and constantly looked at her interview guide for help.

My next interview was with the district manager. The store manager did not tell me this interview was supposed to be over the phone so I drove 45 minutes to the store. Inside the store, the Co-Manager was the only manager on and was one of three people on cash register, which should never happen. This was on a Thursday. I waited for her to break away and come speak to me, and while she was nice as well she was completely oblivious to who I was or what I was doing there. She called the store manager at home and told me my interview would be over the phone and I should be expecting a call. I suspect that they forgot about my interview because the DM called me 15 minutes late from her headset as she was driving.

The DM was also very nice and asked me much more detailed questions and my interview was more like a conversation with her which I appreciated. She said her next step would be to discuss with the SM and she would email me, which she did later that night. After discussion about pay, she indicated I would be made an offer.

A week went by and I didn't hear anything so I emailed her again to follow up. She told me the SM reached out to me but I didn't answer (I had no missed calls or voicemails). She then told me someone else would reach out to me with an offer. Another week went by and still no one. I found another job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you discipline an underperformer?   View Answer

After the second time of reaching out to the DM she finally had someone from Human Resources call to make me an offer. I declined the offer. Even though my actual vocal conversations were congenial, I got the impression that the disorganization was not something I wanted to be a part of.