Forever 21

2.1

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

I completed an on-line application on 10/17 or 10/18. I was contacted on 10/19 by the co-manager. He asked me to come in for a group interview on Thursday. It turned out "I was the group" (LOL!) no other candidate showed up for the 3:30PM group interview time. Nevertheless, the co-manager facilitated the interview with "typical" retail questions (e.g. Tell me about a time when a customer was difficult. What did you do to put the customer at ease?)

The co-manager was willing to hire me as a cashier, but said he had a more interesting offer and that was for Head/Lead Cashier. In order to apply for this position, I had to meet with the manager.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

It take about 2 weeks. Finally, a visual manager got in contact with me to set up a interview with her and her field visual manager. The interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Wasn't willing to give me what I want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

Pretty much the easiest interview I have ever been on. I took my application in the store on Tuesday and got a call back the following day asking if I can be in at 4pm (same day) I made sure I was dressed stylish yet professional. I showed up about 10 minutes early and just browsed around until the manager came out. There weren't really any "formal" interview questions. It was so laid back and easy-going. We went over my resume and my experience a little then I was hired on the spot. Did all my paperwork that day and I start on friday!

I asked for $10. Was told they could only do $9.75. close enough so I accepted

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

I applied online and was called by the Store Manager for a interview. A week later I interviewed with the District Manager and Visual Manager and was asked to submit for a background check. The following week I called to check the status of my background check and was told that it was pending by the Store Manager. The following week I called again and was told that the Store Manager no longer worked there and they decided to hire someone else. I'm not sure why a business would pay money for a background check and not hire the applicant my record is spotless and I have never been in trouble with the law. I'm also not sure why a Store Manager would begin interviews for a position knowing she would eventually leave. Her departure seems very sudden and unexpected either way I had a very good interview with the DM and took some valuable life lessons from our conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

Went on a day that they had open interviews-- sat down with the store manager and she just asked about me, what my best quality was, why should you be hired, whats your schedule like, etc. Simple questions, and very nice woman. Was offered a job on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing about this interview was hard. Just be confident and outgoing and you've got it!   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Filled out an application in store and got a call the following day for a personal interview. They were having a "Job Fair" but I just sat down with the manager and it was easy and personal- just about fifteen minutes. She was nice and discussed the specific job terms (especially schedule-wise) as it was a seasonal job.

Interview Questions

She offered me the position on the spot but it collided with my school scheduling so I had to decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

The hiring process was quick and simple. It was a group interview and everyone just shared their work experience. Very quick interview. They followed up with an offer for the job soon after the interview and I was able to start work right away.

Would you like to work for forever 21

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Corporate looks a lot like thier stores. Very bright, very chic. I waited for approximately 10 minutes before my interview. The interviewers were unorganized, frazzled and in gerneral were confused about why I was there. The started talking about a position that I had no interest (or qualifications) for. They then looked closer at my resume and realized that I was there for another position. One of the recruiters literally said to me "oh, you're here for a position that we've laready filled" and it seemed as if she was now annoyed that I was there wasting her time. Rather than apologizing, she rolled her eyes and showed me the door. No apology, nothing. I'm sure they did me a "favor" in thier world, but if any of thier recruiters happen to be reading this let me offer you a friendly piece of advice; Kindness and consideration will you get you much much furhter than smug attitudes. You work for Forver21, not Hermes. Your company specializes in making cheap knock off fast fashion for twenty somethings. Having a crap attitude isn't very becoming nor is it something to be proud of. Try and remember that you are ambassadors of the company you work for.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

First interviewed with District Manager then waited for a few weeks until the Regional Manager flew out to interview me and I was informed I had the Job within the same week.

Interview Questions
    • Can tell me what is projected to be the popular fashion styles this season? What are the names of the pieces and what are the popular colors this season?   View Answer
    There was none. I either took what they offered or didn't accept the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Applied in person, then got a call for interview a week later. Interview questions were not hard, very general questions. Asked about costumer service, strengths/ weaknesses, and made some scenarios with clothing. Was hired on spot.