Forever 21

Relevance Date Difficulty

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Orange, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2014.

Interview Details – Saw an open call for a job fair for their store. When I arrived I was one of many who showed up for the open call. They had us stand in line in the hot sun and were to wait until it was our turn to be interviewed. I was dressed in a professional manor and was surprised to find most of the other candidates were in jeans???? When it was my turn to interview, I was sat at a table with another interviewee but we were being interviewed individually by our own interviewer. The questions were basic and the interview lasted only 5 minutes because they were trying to get through the line. This type of interview is hard because they cannot go into depth to see if you'd be a likely candidate for the position. I think the interviewers main concern was that I was unsure of my availability because I have another job. I told her that if I was to be hired for the Visual position I would quit my current job.

Interview Question – Basic interview question such as name 5 of your best qualities   Answer Question

Orange, CA

Interviewed at Forever 21

Interview Details – I applied in store and specifically asked to meet the manager. I introduced myself and shook his hand and he asked why I wanted to work there on the spot and I answered and he said good, come in for an interview this day. So I came in and there were 3 employees there and one other girl who I became best friends with! They said there were supposed to be 3 more interviewees coming so we waited 10 minutes and said "I guess we can get started". Who wants to hire someone who is late to an interview anyway?! I thought that was weird. So they asked why do we want to work there and whats our favorite animal and about experience and what we like to do for fun and what would we do if we saw someone stealing and what is a life lesson we learned from sports. They favorited the other girls funny answers instead of my professional ones so they pretty much wanted someone who's fun than someone who is serious about the job.

Interview Question – -What's our favorite animal and why. And we had to pick one.
-Life lesson we learned from sports.
  View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Mission Viejo, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I applied on a paper application, and two days later they called me in for my first interview! It was a group interview, about 10 girls and 1 guy, the assistant manager was interviewing. It was a quick 15 minute interview, we started by introducing ourselves, hobbies, etc and then he asked basic questions like strengths and weaknesses, what can you contribute to forever 21, etc. I noticed a lot of the girls were a little underdressed, and copied each other's answers. He called me back 24 hours later for a second interview with the manager the next day.

The second interview was one on one, very fast about 10 minutes. The manager was really nice and asked the same questions, asked my availability.

I just got a call this morning and they offered me a position.

Interview Question – Common interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Lakewood, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2012.

Interview Details – the hiring process is really easy. just put in your application and they will call you in a week. its a group interview with 5 people or more, just make sure you stand out and smile alot.

Interview Question – very easy questions ; typical interview questions   Answer Question

Torrance, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2014.

Interview Details – The manager who interviewed me was Fay. She was pretty standard, and the first question she asked after shaking hands was what is something the del amo forever 21 can improve on and how can we make it perform better. The interview took less than 10 minutes.

Interview Question – worst experience in retail.   View Answer

Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2014.

Interview Details – At the location I applied for they do group interviews every Tuesday when they are hiring. I made sure to be there for the first round which was at about 12:30 pm. It was only me and one other girl. Both of us seemed to have the same amount of experience in retail. The manager asked us basic interview questions, mostly about what we know about Forever 21 and why we want to work there. A few of them were very repetitive. I felt like I had already given her those answers in previous questions. I did not get a call back, but I did happen to walk in the store with my boyfriend and friend when the store was doing the second round of interviews. Not a SINGLE white person was working there or in the group of potential hirees. I don't think it was a coincidence. My boyfriend and friend noticed too.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here at Forever 21 and not one of the other clothing stores in the mall?   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very organized and clear hiring process. Like any other interview, but this one especially, you'd be best prepared if you knew exactly what you wanted out of a job here.

Interview Question – What would you do if your current employee gave you a counter-offer?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – 1st interview was good. Short, straight to the point. My second interview got cancelled because the manager "forgot" I was on his calendar (I had already taken time off work). They rescheduled and did not give me an option as to when my interview was saying "it was their only free time for over a month". The second interview started half an hour late & was the manager talking and not really asking any questions.

Interview Question – Rate your Excel skill on a scale of 1 - 10.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, but not by much.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2014.

Interview Details – it was like forreal because i got accpeted right then and there they offered me 7 dollars and ibumped it 10 doolaars

Mission Viejo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got hired extremely quick and easily. Basic group interview with extremely basic retail questions, just had to make a basic impression and stand out. How you dress is a huge part of it!

Interview Question – How to deal with stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!