Forever 21

2.3

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

Hiring, Interviewing process was quick and easy, you just need to dress nice to impress. Interview questions was simple. They don't seem to keep their papers organize. I got to wait almost an hour after i got there for the interview to be great by the hiring manager. The reason i quit there was because they don't pay for your mall parking.

There wasn't any negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

I completed an on-line application on 10/17 or 10/18. I was contacted on 10/19 by the co-manager. He asked me to come in for a group interview on Thursday. It turned out "I was the group" (LOL!) no other candidate showed up for the 3:30PM group interview time. Nevertheless, the co-manager facilitated the interview with "typical" retail questions (e.g. Tell me about a time when a customer was difficult. What did you do to put the customer at ease?)

The co-manager was willing to hire me as a cashier, but said he had a more interesting offer and that was for Head/Lead Cashier. In order to apply for this position, I had to meet with the manager.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Corporate looks a lot like thier stores. Very bright, very chic. I waited for approximately 10 minutes before my interview. The interviewers were unorganized, frazzled and in gerneral were confused about why I was there. The started talking about a position that I had no interest (or qualifications) for. They then looked closer at my resume and realized that I was there for another position. One of the recruiters literally said to me "oh, you're here for a position that we've laready filled" and it seemed as if she was now annoyed that I was there wasting her time. Rather than apologizing, she rolled her eyes and showed me the door. No apology, nothing. I'm sure they did me a "favor" in thier world, but if any of thier recruiters happen to be reading this let me offer you a friendly piece of advice; Kindness and consideration will you get you much much furhter than smug attitudes. You work for Forver21, not Hermes. Your company specializes in making cheap knock off fast fashion for twenty somethings. Having a crap attitude isn't very becoming nor is it something to be proud of. Try and remember that you are ambassadors of the company you work for.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

I was shopping and saw a table with a sign that said hiring and some applications. I had been looking for a second job and I figured why not. I filled one out turned it in and got a call back the next day or possibly the day after that. I had an interview set up a few days later that when I arrived I realized was a group interview. I wore something that would be considered trendy due to the nature of the job. I was interviewed with two other girls and it was relatively easy. The questions for the lost part were the typical who are you what have you done in the past why do you want to work here etc. As well as telling us about the company and the types of personality they're looking for. At the end of the interview we were all hired on the spot. Generally they do call backs I believe, but he said he wanted all three of us so there was no need to call individually. We were then all set up with an orientation date and sent on our ways.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer were to come up to you with this shirt and say she really liked it but she's not sure if it would look good on her or how to wear it what would you do?   Answer Question

Marketing Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in September 2014.

The interview process for the Merchandise Allocator position seemed pretty standard-three interviews within the department. I started off interviewing for an HR recruiting position and met with several of the company's' recruiters. One recruiter happened to be working for the Allocations department. I interviewed with the recruiter, the head of the Allocations department, and one of the VP's in Allocations. The interviews rarely lasted longer than half an hour. The Corporate offices are beautiful and brand new. The work environment in fun and bright-you can tell everyone is happy to be at work. There are no offices, just conference rooms where the departments are working together, side-by-side in a collaborative environment. The recruiters are very genuine and the people in upper levels of management are equally as friendly. They are undergoing major structural changes within the company, so a lot of employees in the corporate office have worked there two years or less. They are looking for more employees who have worked in their retail stores to help develop their corporate management further.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interviews were just discussions about previous experience and why I wanted to join the corporate team. There were a few "what-if" hypothetical scenarios given, but nothing tricky.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Apply online with Sydney32 passcode and your information.

Scheduled group interviews are usually conducted on Tuesday afternoons outside of the retail store where you'll be interviewed by some young hot girl or guy who has moved up as Hiring Manager.

Advice: Think before you speak. Questions such as: "do you think company culture play an important role in the success of the company" and "what have you done in the past to motivate your team to meet a deadline for a project" WILL be asked.

Interview Questions
    • "What have you done in the past to motivate your team to meet a deadline for a project?"

Clarification: Interviewee has to imagine and precisely describe how effective he or she was motivating a team to meet a deadline for a project.

View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in store and specifically asked to meet the manager. I introduced myself and shook his hand and he asked why I wanted to work there on the spot and I answered and he said good, come in for an interview this day. So I came in and there were 3 employees there and one other girl who I became best friends with! They said there were supposed to be 3 more interviewees coming so we waited 10 minutes and said "I guess we can get started". Who wants to hire someone who is late to an interview anyway?! I thought that was weird. So they asked why do we want to work there and whats our favorite animal and about experience and what we like to do for fun and what would we do if we saw someone stealing and what is a life lesson we learned from sports. They favorited the other girls funny answers instead of my professional ones so they pretty much wanted someone who's fun than someone who is serious about the job.

Interview Questions
    • -What's our favorite animal and why. And we had to pick one.
      -Life lesson we learned from sports.

View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

I applied on a paper application, and two days later they called me in for my first interview! It was a group interview, about 10 girls and 1 guy, the assistant manager was interviewing. It was a quick 15 minute interview, we started by introducing ourselves, hobbies, etc and then he asked basic questions like strengths and weaknesses, what can you contribute to forever 21, etc. I noticed a lot of the girls were a little underdressed, and copied each other's answers. He called me back 24 hours later for a second interview with the manager the next day.

The second interview was one on one, very fast about 10 minutes. The manager was really nice and asked the same questions, asked my availability.

I just got a call this morning and they offered me a position.

I didn't negotiate

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in June 2014.

Saw an open call for a job fair for their store. When I arrived I was one of many who showed up for the open call. They had us stand in line in the hot sun and were to wait until it was our turn to be interviewed. I was dressed in a professional manor and was surprised to find most of the other candidates were in jeans???? When it was my turn to interview, I was sat at a table with another interviewee but we were being interviewed individually by our own interviewer. The questions were basic and the interview lasted only 5 minutes because they were trying to get through the line. This type of interview is hard because they cannot go into depth to see if you'd be a likely candidate for the position. I think the interviewers main concern was that I was unsure of my availability because I have another job. I told her that if I was to be hired for the Visual position I would quit my current job.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview question such as name 5 of your best qualities   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

1st interview was good. Short, straight to the point. My second interview got cancelled because the manager "forgot" I was on his calendar (I had already taken time off work). They rescheduled and did not give me an option as to when my interview was saying "it was their only free time for over a month". The second interview started half an hour late & was the manager talking and not really asking any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Rate your Excel skill on a scale of 1 - 10.   View Answer
    Yes, but not by much.