Forever 21 Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair they were hosting. I was interview by someone reading straight from a paper and writing my answers on that same paper. My friend was called for a second interview and was told by one of the managers that the sales associates don't last more than two months.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional HR and was very disappointed - got an e-mail 2 days after submitting my application for a corporate position in Los Angeles, saying how excited they are to get my application and with a request to set up a phone interview. Agreed on a day and time, they confirmed, and no phone call. Not an e-mail to reschedule, not a notification, nothing. E-mailed back to the recruiter with a very friendly reminder to reschedule and never heard from her back. I hope that recruiters understand that even a phone interview requires an applicant several hours to prepare, plans need to be changed for that day to accommodate the phone call, and to hear absolutely nothing is disrespectful. For the record, I'm not an entry-level employee (not that it matters, all potential employees deserve respect). The position I was applying for is still advertised. I hope company improves its hiring practices and learns how to monitor their HR Dept.

Assistant Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first called in for a group interview, which were 7 of us who met with the recruiter. We were all there for different positions maybe two of us were there for the production assistant job. It was a great process, very honest question were asked by recruiter. She just wanted to know us and what we expect from xx1 since it is not your typical company. I was called for a second interview where I interviewed alone with the production coordinator, but it was a very dry interview. Very straight forward questions but also very much like "You are expected to memorize and over see 100+ styles per season from design process, to producing etc, until its in stores...can you do that?".... Beautiful offices but gotta have a strong back bone to survive i think, since i didnt get hired.... but pay seemed good.

Interview Questions

• You are expected to memorize and over see 100+ styles per season from design process, to producing etc, until its in stores...can you do that?   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Corporate looks a lot like thier stores. Very bright, very chic. I waited for approximately 10 minutes before my interview. The interviewers were unorganized, frazzled and in gerneral were confused about why I was there. The started talking about a position that I had no interest (or qualifications) for. They then looked closer at my resume and realized that I was there for another position. One of the recruiters literally said to me "oh, you're here for a position that we've laready filled" and it seemed as if she was now annoyed that I was there wasting her time. Rather than apologizing, she rolled her eyes and showed me the door. No apology, nothing. I'm sure they did me a "favor" in thier world, but if any of thier recruiters happen to be reading this let me offer you a friendly piece of advice; Kindness and consideration will you get you much much furhter than smug attitudes. You work for Forver21, not Hermes. Your company specializes in making cheap knock off fast fashion for twenty somethings. Having a crap attitude isn't very becoming nor is it something to be proud of. Try and remember that you are ambassadors of the company you work for.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Lakewood, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Apply online with Sydney32 passcode and your information. Scheduled group interviews are usually conducted on Tuesday afternoons outside of the retail store where you'll be interviewed by some young hot girl or guy who has moved up as Hiring Manager. Advice: Think before you speak. Questions such as: "do you think company culture play an important role in the success of the company" and "what have you done in the past to motivate your team to meet a deadline for a project" WILL be asked.

Interview Questions

• "What have you done in the past to motivate your team to meet a deadline for a project?" Clarification: Interviewee has to imagine and precisely describe how effective he or she was motivating a team to meet a deadline for a project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Interview

I applied in store and specifically asked to meet the manager. I introduced myself and shook his hand and he asked why I wanted to work there on the spot and I answered and he said good, come in for an interview this day. So I came in and there were 3 employees there and one other girl who I became best friends with! They said there were supposed to be 3 more interviewees coming so we waited 10 minutes and said "I guess we can get started". Who wants to hire someone who is late to an interview anyway?! I thought that was weird. So they asked why do we want to work there and whats our favorite animal and about experience and what we like to do for fun and what would we do if we saw someone stealing and what is a life lesson we learned from sports. They favorited the other girls funny answers instead of my professional ones so they pretty much wanted someone who's fun than someone who is serious about the job.

Interview Questions

• -What's our favorite animal and why. And we had to pick one. -Life lesson we learned from sports.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Orange, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Saw an open call for a job fair for their store. When I arrived I was one of many who showed up for the open call. They had us stand in line in the hot sun and were to wait until it was our turn to be interviewed. I was dressed in a professional manor and was surprised to find most of the other candidates were in jeans???? When it was my turn to interview, I was sat at a table with another interviewee but we were being interviewed individually by our own interviewer. The questions were basic and the interview lasted only 5 minutes because they were trying to get through the line. This type of interview is hard because they cannot go into depth to see if you'd be a likely candidate for the position. I think the interviewers main concern was that I was unsure of my availability because I have another job. I told her that if I was to be hired for the Visual position I would quit my current job.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question such as name 5 of your best qualities   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I went through the job fair and the interview was basic, but I did not get the job because I believe I was only 16 at that time. The guy was nice but I think he was not even listening to my answers because I told him I was only 16. At least he didn't deny me right after I said my age.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Sherman Oaks, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

At the location I applied for they do group interviews every Tuesday when they are hiring. I made sure to be there for the first round which was at about 12:30 pm. It was only me and one other girl. Both of us seemed to have the same amount of experience in retail. The manager asked us basic interview questions, mostly about what we know about Forever 21 and why we want to work there. A few of them were very repetitive. I felt like I had already given her those answers in previous questions. I did not get a call back, but I did happen to walk in the store with my boyfriend and friend when the store was doing the second round of interviews. Not a SINGLE white person was working there or in the group of potential hirees. I don't think it was a coincidence. My boyfriend and friend noticed too.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here at Forever 21 and not one of the other clothing stores in the mall?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Torrance, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was Fay. She was pretty standard, and the first question she asked after shaking hands was what is something the del amo forever 21 can improve on and how can we make it perform better. The interview took less than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• worst experience in retail.   1 Answer