Forever 21 Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mission Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2014.

Got hired extremely quick and easily. Basic group interview with extremely basic retail questions, just had to make a basic impression and stand out. How you dress is a huge part of it!

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2014.

it was like forreal because i got accpeted right then and there they offered me 7 dollars and ibumped it 10 doolaars

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

I found the job posting online and it said to send my resume directly to a recruiter. I was contacted within 24 hours and scheduled an interview for 3 days later. I actually skipped the process of meeting with a HR Recruiter and went straight to the hiring manager of the department.
    The first in person interview was very basic and very easy. They only asked basic questions you'll find on the most commonly asked questions list. I got called for a second interview the very next day where I met with both the manager of the department and the VP. The VP could not speak English at all so the manager translated. They asked me very personal questions like "do you live with your parents?," "did you grow up with both your parents?," and "how's your health? Are you healthy?."
    After the second interview, I got a call the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected was when the VP asked me very personal questions.   Answer Question

Field Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

I actually did not apply for the job, I was contacted at where I was working by a recruiter who asked if I would be interested in something new. I was happy where I was working but thought it doesn't hurt to see what else is out there so I agreed to an interview. I was told I was going to meet with the Visual Director while she was out in stores, they told me which store and a time to meet her, so far so good. I got to the store 15 minutes early and when I walked in was approached by the Visual Director who asked if I was there for the interview. She introduced herself and we walked out into the mall and sat at bench in front of the store. I HATE when people do this, I think it is totally unprofessional. When you interview for a job you're already a little nervous, then to make it worse the person you are interviewing with wants to sit in the mall where it's hard to hear, people are sitting all around you and there are a million distractions. It's just rude. Anyway we talked about my background and my current job, all the standard stuff. She asked what I thought the big trends where going to be that summer, who I thought where style icons, what the next big color story was going to be, and then asked me to pull an outfit in 5 minutes. After I pulled the outfit she said she wanted me to come back for another interview, this time at a different store but the regional manager would be there as well as a few visual managers from different stores. They were doing a floor move/window change and asked me to be there at 9pm when the store closed. So I arrived at the store and she introduced me to the regional and about 15 other visual people. They had just received a shipment of mannequins and where unboxing them. I asked about them and she said they where replacing all the old forms/mannequins in the store with new realistic mannequins. I said that's great, how many did they get? She told me about 45.... 45 realistic mannequins that still had to be unboxed placed and dressed before they could leave. Insane! Just as I thought she had to be crazy, it got even better. One of the visual people came up and said they had the first one out of the box for her to see, we walked over and i said to her are they getting wigs? She was like of course! and starts looking around for them. She finds a box and pulls out a wig, not styled, not combed, nothing. So now they have 45 mannequins to unbox and place and style and 45 wigs to do on top of that. That is a ton of work to get done in 1 night and started to realize why she wanted me there after the store closed. SO she told me that they where going to work on the mannequins and she wanted me to merchandise the front of the store. OK....with what? Anything in the store....OK......so should I just pick a trend? Oh yea I want it to be Nautical. OK great....what about the fixtures? You can move/use any of them. Perfect. So I walk around the store looking for nautical merchandise, I walk around a second time, and now a third time. There is not 1 piece of nautical ANYWHERE. Not ready to admit defeat I find some things that could work but where really not nautical. I get everything pulled, I place the fixtures merchandise them and dress the forms. Takes me about an hour and a half. I go to her when I finished and she comes over, looks at it and says. This doesn't look very nautical to me, and starts slamming everything I just did. I take a deep breath and said, I'm really sorry I actually had a hard time finding anything nautical. WHAT? The store is packed with nautical she tells me. So I apologized again and said maybe I don't understand what she means by nautical and asked her if she could give me an example. She rolled her eyes and said fine. We walk around the store.....we walk around the store again....she stops and says maybe it hasn't come in yet. REALLY??? You ask me to pull together a statement when you don't even know if it's there or not? I ask what she wants me to do, she spots a military jacket. Do military. OK, wait... you want me to remerchandise the front of the store AGAIN... this is still just an interview. Alright. So i redo everything she comes back and starts telling me things they don't do, would have been nice to know that before I did it. She tells me to make then changes then find her. I stop her and said, It's 3am and I have to be at work in 4 hours, I don't think I can. She turns around completely pissed off and says fine I'll let you out. opens the door never says thank you or bye just closed the gate behind me and I never heard from them again. Which was fine I didn't want to work for her anyway, I loved my bosses and they where/are a million times more talented then she ever could be.

Interview Questions
    • Can you merchandise this section? After I had already been working in the store for 7 hours.   Answer Question

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Their HR Process focuses (at least for the online applicants) on matching key words from your inputted resume and their set of key words. They REALLY REALLY REALLY want you to tell them that "You will ASK QUESTIONS and not rely on your own judgement, ALWAYS ALWAYS tell them that you will ask your supervisor first when learning the job!!!" that is if you want to work for this severely sophomoric atmosphered headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Is it it necessary for you to be friends with the people you work with?   View Answer
    My advice is to ask for what your position/experience is worth. They will give it to you. Also, make sure that you have clear job expectations with your direct supervisor, so that there is no confusion during your 3 month review.

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2014.

Very organized and clear hiring process. Like any other interview, but this one especially, you'd be best prepared if you knew exactly what you wanted out of a job here.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your current employee gave you a counter-offer?   Answer Question

HQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Long, repetitive. They hire to hire.

Too low of pay and terrible reviews

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2013.

I was called in for a group interview after which I moved on to a interview to meet with the senior buyer. The group interview was very easy, it was all basic questions about your background. I was asked basic (yet lame) questions such as "tell me a situation where you had to deal with stress and how you handled it".

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with stress?   Answer Question

Received a better offer at a better fashion company

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

You apply on person with a printed job application, you give it to a manager, is most likely they hire you on the Holydas, you dont need experience for an associate, for any other position you do, or you can lie because they dont care, and they call you with in 1 or 2 weeks for and interview, they will hire you almost inmediatly they are always hiring because everyone quits!.

Interview Questions
    • Whats on trend now?, How would you approach a customer?, they might ask you to put an oufit together and explain it. and is pretty easy it depends on the manager.   Answer Question
    they dont negociate on how much they will pay you, they start you at minimun wage

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Group interviews with with about 7 people, was two hours long and was a very easy interview. We also had to try to "upsell" a random item. Basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, told me what I would be making on the phone