Forever 21

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.1

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2014.

The interview process for Forever 21 took a week. After a group interview with basic customer service questions were asked. The managers were nice and friendly. After the interview i was called a week later for orientation and basically I started working there. Pay was 10/hr, no negotiation but I wasn't complaining.

Interview Questions
    The offer was 10/hr hands down, no negotiation. We were asked at orientation what would we like the pay to be but was hit with the offer/no negotiation offer after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

I went in on a Saturday filled out the application and headed towards the managers office i was introduced and told to come the following day in the evening for my interview. That Sunday I went in expecting a group interview but fortunately i received a one on one interview. I was asked questions such as what is good customer service, why I would want the job and what if someone on my floor isn't working. After all of that the manager asked if I had a question to ask, that's the question that had me looking around. Eventually I was hired and told to come in for orientation in a couple of days.I believe because I had strong statements about customer service and its importance. For my outfit I wore a simple woven black forever top with a tank top underneath so it wont be revealing, grey and black high wasted printed pants from h&m and a pair of black fisherman style sandals and Ii wore all silver accessories including my watch and a metallic feather tribal necklace.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

I looked online to see when Forever 21 were having their job fairs in my area. The day of the job fair I went and there was A LOT or people there. We all filled out an application and then waited on line to be interviewed. The manager was calling 3 people from the line to do a group interview and the assistant manager would call one person from the line to do a 1:1 interview ( so the line went by pretty fast ) I ended up doing a group interview with two other people and I stood out really well. The manager was very nice and told me to come back the day after next with my information. That day I brought in my information and filled out documents and had a tour of the store as well as the other people who got hired ( it was many of us who got hired)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a bad experience you had with forever 21 ?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

I went to a job fair at the Times Square location. I got there a little after 8 (it was between 8 and 11am) and they had everyone wait on a line on the lower level by the shoe department and then gave us an application to fill out. The assistant manager would take about 5-8 people at a time for an interview, so be sure to be really outgoing so that you're noticed! They asked the typical questions like why do you wanna work here? describe your style? tell me about yourself, etc. at the end she told us that we should hear back within a week and don't call them/go back to the store to see if you got hired or not. After the one week waiting period you're eligible to apply again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

There were between 15 and 20 girls applying for a group interview at different times. Once they called my group up they asked basic questions on the sales floor in a circle. After that they called us up separately with a few more questions and I was offered a job.

Yes I asked for between 8-8.50 and was offered 8.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

I went to an open call. They were 1 hour and 20 minutes late. Then they took groups of 10 to the back where they asked like 3 questions & took your resume. They said they would call back by the end of the day if they were interested.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your perfect summer go to outfit
      What is good customer service ?
      What makes you a good candidate ?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in May 2014.

It was an informal group interview. Waited about an hour because the line was very long. Went in with about 15 other people. The store manager and floor manager was there and asked us a question and then went around the circle and had people answer. It was the most monotonous interview I ever had.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question just common sense   Answer Question
    Nope either take it or leave it.

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I went in and asked for an applications, and spoke to a manager had a friendly conversation and then asked about the job process. Made sure he remembered my face and came back after I filled it out another day. He remembered me and pushed me to the next manager right away. I made it aware I wanted more than a regular associate position. And blew past the group interview even before it happened. Second interview was with the store manager. Easy questions, typical things, nothing out of the norm.

Not really negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in April 2014.

They were so desperate to hire new people, they made false promises of a Head Cashier position that they were never considering me for in the first place even though I had the right experience for it.

It was under false pretenses. They hired me for one position, but when hired, gave me a lower position with an unclear excuse. Nothing was set in stone from the beginning and I was treated like trash as soon as I was hired. I was hired the beginning of April but didn't start until the middle of May. I notified the manager that I was giving my other job a 2 week notice and she said okay...but every time I called to start work, there was always an excuse. They lost my application 3 times. I was out of work for almost a month with no income and an apartment with rent to pay. They were totally disorganized. Orientation was only an hour long, we did not get a full tour of the store and an explanation as to how the store works. Working there is a nightmare, they treat you poorly, do not care to respect your availability, and keep you past your scheduled time which could be past 2am. No one has a care for your personal life, you're a slave from the minute you clock in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Had recruitment events at forever 21 stores early in the morning, had group interview with about 16 other people, asked random questions about ourselves and the company itself. Got the call to say i was hired about 30 minutes after interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty generic, about the store and what kind of clothing it sells, had to distinguish forever 21 from 2 other clothing companies like h&m and urban outfitters.   View Answer
    10$ an hour for all sales associates.