Forever 21

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in August 2010.

It was an open house interview at the union square forever 21, but they were hiring people at their new store in times square. Me and my two friends on that line to wait for an interview for 5 hours! When we finally got into the group interview room, things were laid back, really easy and fun questions and we nailed every single one of them perfectly. Tjhere was no call back for us, but I only assume the reason is because there was so many people who applied. there were about 500 people everyday for a four day open house.. they only needed like 600 people.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • If you were a character in a movie who would you play?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in November 2010.

I have a couple of friends that work at Forever21 in times Square and they let me know that they were holding open interviews. I went in with my application and went to the first floor where the interviews were being held, they let a group of about 7 of us into one of the fitting room areas and. First the manager introduced himself, then he took our applications and asked us 3 questions and one by one we answered them in order. The first question is why r u interested in working for forever21, the second was what does customer service mean to you, and the third was a time when you went above and beyond to deliver great customer service. I haven't gotten a call back yet but hopefully by today or tomorrow *crosses fingers* :)

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to deliver great customer service"   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Forever21 ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2010.

There was a group interview that took 10 minutes at most. We were only asked one questions; Why do you want to work here ? You knew if you got the job right away after receiving a small card with an orientation date on it.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in June 2012.

I went to an open call. The line was huge. When I arrived, I noticed everyone had an application. So I went inside and ask one of the staff for an application. A couple of minutes later a staff tells me we cannot interview you because you are too casually dressed but you are welcome to shop. I told her I really want to work here & how did a manager determined I was too casually dressed. Can I speak to her? She walked back in the store and gave me an application & said give it to me once your done. I of course did not. She for some reason did not like me. So I waited on line for my shot at an interview because there was so many people. Some were dressed similar to me, other corporate and others were dressed styish. Anyways, I got an interview. They ask why forever 21? Name a designer? We played a brief listening game, we did all of this while competing with loud store music! Unprofessional yet they want to critique how I was dressed. Irony! Anyways, I was so frustrated with this question because he insisted he wanted designers. I told him the truth Forever 21 is a household name. Its caters to fashionista on a budget so why the hell are we talking about Michael Kors, Armani, Louis Vuitton when Forever 21 is not even in the same effin league as these designers. Pretentious much! I was a little too outspoken & honest. I did not name a designer instead I said I like Rihanna's style because she is a rebel & not afraid to take risks. Which foreshadowed exactly my personality LOL. I was myself & I even strut as I walked out the store like a boss. I doubt I will get a call back but the hell with them! Basically, they want someone who lives & dies for fashion although you work at a basic store like forever 21. Whatever happen to wanting a job to have fun, make friends and make some extra cash!

"Open" But You're Going to BE A Sales Asc So Just Put That Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in May 2012.

My App:
    - So when I handed in my APP IN PERSON! thats important, dont apply online they dont really check online. The very same day I got a call asking to come in for an interview Mon 4-6:30. Most of them are usually quick and they also dont care if you already applied and didnt get the position

Dress for the interview:
    -Something cute, it doesn't really matter that much to be honest.

Interview:
    People waited by the plus section and when you were called you followed the person and they asked you questions like
    -Whats good cusomter service
    -Describe your self in 3 ways
    -Have you ever had a bad customer, what happened and how did you deal with it
    -If you had to close the store and the customer was still here and you needed to make a sale what would you do? but you also have to leave sooncause ur shift is ending
    -They show u an item and like you have to describe how'd you sell it

Interview was a piece of cake, either they telll you to come in for orientation on the spot OR you get a call with in 1-2 hours after..if you don't..you didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • You have to sell this coral shirt, how would you do it?   View Answer
    If you want this job, just now a lot of people quit after 2 weeks or 2 days,
    Retail is hard which is why he usually get paid more than other jobs do.
    Also..know you'll be on your feet for 4 hours the least 10 hours the most. It's tough.
    You need to be a people person and deal with stupid or rude customers.
    Just think carefully about this job.
    It's good for experiance though, and like I said other stores def like to see if you have experaince from a big store like forever 21

XXI Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in November 2011.

Heard about the new store opening and they did open interviews and I literally walk in filled out an application handed in my resume the assistant manager asked me two questions (she didnt even want to do the interview) and said I was hired on the spot. The next day I did my training and the day after I officially started working.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate my salary and I wish I did. Advice to others is to really ask what is your duties on the job because you may want to take that into consideration for how much you get paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2012.

Really easy i went in she offered me a job on the spot.Unfortunately i couldn't take the job due to Huricane Sandy in NJ i had a lot of personal issues that kept me from taking the job.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt anything difficult she interviewed me then afterwards offered me a job on the spot   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in December 2012.

It was around the holiday season so that is the best time to apply, it was an easy process since they were holding open houses every Wednesday since September (I applied in December). It wasn't easy because they were desperate for the, but I was myself and I answered the questions with confidence. They are looking for open availability and prior experience but try to stand out if you have on and not the other.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward, answer honestly and be ORIGINAL. I can't stress that enough, how are you going to make an impression in any interview or in life.   Answer Question
    Nothing, starting pay was above minimum wage.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

Was only asked 2 questions. It was fun and laid back. I went into the store one day and asked if they were hiring, they were so I filled out the application ASAP then handed it back a few minutes later. I was called the next day for an interview on the following day. The manager was nice and funny, made everyone laugh so you didn't feel nervous at all (was a group interview)

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

I was tipped off to the position opening by a friend & stopped in to ask for an application. The store manager, after some light questioning, told me to come in the next day when the Visual Manager was in. I did just that, and brought my resume with me. The Visual Manager and I chatted casually about my availability and past experience then she set up an in-depth interview for the next week. During that interview, I was asked all the basic questions: Why do you want to work for F21? What do you have to offer the company? Who are your favorite designers? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then, she had me choose three outfits: a contemporary look for the working 30 year old woman, a fashion forward look, and a look that best described my personal style. I was told they were still in the process of interviewing and would get back to me. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    Can't complain with full-time + benefits.