Forever 21 Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Grove, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Grove, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2010.

I was called 1 day after submitting an application in person. I had an interview the following day, and a job the day after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

It was a group interview. There was about 7 people in a group. The questions were not really hard. They asked questions about your skills, performance related questions nd current trend related questions. No question too far fetched or hard to answer. The hiring manager it more like a conversation which made it more comfortable for everybody.

No negotiation necessary. I was pleased with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

I went to an open house for their Times Square location at about 8am on morning. There were about 30 people in line ahead of me. We were given an application to fill out and then we held on to them until it was our turn to meet with a manager type person. It was a short group interview- whats your name, your experience and why do you want to work for this company. The day after, I was called about a second interview. It was also a group interview but this time it took place in an office. We were asked to say a little about yourself, and a lot of customer service related questions. I was expecting a question or two about the love of fashion but that never came up, so i suggest mentioning your love of fashion when you talk about yourself. They said they would call the following day if an offer was extended. No offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • If there was something you could change about Forever 21, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2010.

It's usually a group interview with 8 or more people at a time and there always looking for people with an original style and fun personality. It helps to be outspoken and confident.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

I was tipped off to the position opening by a friend & stopped in to ask for an application. The store manager, after some light questioning, told me to come in the next day when the Visual Manager was in. I did just that, and brought my resume with me. The Visual Manager and I chatted casually about my availability and past experience then she set up an in-depth interview for the next week. During that interview, I was asked all the basic questions: Why do you want to work for F21? What do you have to offer the company? Who are your favorite designers? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then, she had me choose three outfits: a contemporary look for the working 30 year old woman, a fashion forward look, and a look that best described my personal style. I was told they were still in the process of interviewing and would get back to me. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    Can't complain with full-time + benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

We were put into a group of about 10 people and all went around introducing ourselves and were asked about 3 to 5 questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

I found out they were hiring via Craigslist where they stated they were having a hiring fair at the Union Square store since they needed more sales associates for their newly expanding Herald Square location. I went for the group interview which took a while since there was already a huge line outside and it took about an hour to finally be put into a group of about 13 people for the interview. The interviewer was the manager and he asked 3 questions. Your name, age, and current or last occupation, to describe yourself in one word, and why they should hire you. **TIP** Make yourself known, so you can stand out the most among your group. My last name was kind of hard to pronounce and a name the manager never heard of so he tried asking me, even in the end of the interview how to pronounce it and where its from. It's also important to be pretty friendly and dress trendy.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2010.

Open House. Group interviews were held of 4-8 people. Basic behavioral, experience and company questions. As long as you articulate yourself and know the responsibilities of the job you are applying for you will do fine.

No negotiation, starting salary $10/hr

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2013.

I filled out an application form online and received a call from the Field Manager the very next morning. He was very pleased with my résumé and fixed up an appointment for 2 days later. Since I wasn't in town, I called him back to reschedule the appointment, which he readily did. He gave me accurate directions down to which form of public transport to use at which stops/ stations. Once I arrived he made me feel welcome with a nice comment on my attire and then we spoke for a half hour or so on my qualifications and experience. After that I had a detailed floor walk and a 40 minute "pick 3 complete ensembles" activity which all Forever 21 interviewees go through. He then walked me to the door and said I'd hear from him soon.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to change about yourself?   View Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

It was a group interview, the manager told us why we wanted to work for F21, what super power would we choose, what is Costumer Service to you, and what's going to be fall's biggest trend. My advice, be honest, have good energy when talking especially in a group and try to have a sense of humor. Also, if you never had any retail experience, take a Costumer Service training course. Looks very good on your resume and managers actually take that into consideration especially if it was a certified course.

Interview Questions
    • The super power question was unexpected.   View Answer