Forever 21

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Had recruitment events at forever 21 stores early in the morning, had group interview with about 16 other people, asked random questions about ourselves and the company itself. Got the call to say i was hired about 30 minutes after interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty generic, about the store and what kind of clothing it sells, had to distinguish forever 21 from 2 other clothing companies like h&m and urban outfitters.   View Answer
    10$ an hour for all sales associates.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

Went to the forever 21 job fair and had a small interview with one of the assistant managers. The following week I got a call to come do a interview. It was a group interview but they try to make it more like a conversation. They asked simple questions like "why do you want to work here instead of elsewhere, your pros and cons, what do you know about forever 21 the company, what do you have on that's from forever21, and just to tell a little about yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was a group interview. There was about 7 people in a group. The questions were not really hard. They asked questions about your skills, performance related questions nd current trend related questions. No question too far fetched or hard to answer. The hiring manager it more like a conversation which made it more comfortable for everybody.

No negotiation necessary. I was pleased with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

I went to an open house for their Times Square location at about 8am on morning. There were about 30 people in line ahead of me. We were given an application to fill out and then we held on to them until it was our turn to meet with a manager type person. It was a short group interview- whats your name, your experience and why do you want to work for this company. The day after, I was called about a second interview. It was also a group interview but this time it took place in an office. We were asked to say a little about yourself, and a lot of customer service related questions. I was expecting a question or two about the love of fashion but that never came up, so i suggest mentioning your love of fashion when you talk about yourself. They said they would call the following day if an offer was extended. No offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • If there was something you could change about Forever 21, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

I was tipped off to the position opening by a friend & stopped in to ask for an application. The store manager, after some light questioning, told me to come in the next day when the Visual Manager was in. I did just that, and brought my resume with me. The Visual Manager and I chatted casually about my availability and past experience then she set up an in-depth interview for the next week. During that interview, I was asked all the basic questions: Why do you want to work for F21? What do you have to offer the company? Who are your favorite designers? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then, she had me choose three outfits: a contemporary look for the working 30 year old woman, a fashion forward look, and a look that best described my personal style. I was told they were still in the process of interviewing and would get back to me. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    Can't complain with full-time + benefits.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was a group interview, the manager told us why we wanted to work for F21, what super power would we choose, what is Costumer Service to you, and what's going to be fall's biggest trend. My advice, be honest, have good energy when talking especially in a group and try to have a sense of humor. Also, if you never had any retail experience, take a Costumer Service training course. Looks very good on your resume and managers actually take that into consideration especially if it was a certified course.

Interview Questions
    • The super power question was unexpected.   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in August 2013.

I filled out an application form online and received a call from the Field Manager the very next morning. He was very pleased with my résumé and fixed up an appointment for 2 days later. Since I wasn't in town, I called him back to reschedule the appointment, which he readily did. He gave me accurate directions down to which form of public transport to use at which stops/ stations. Once I arrived he made me feel welcome with a nice comment on my attire and then we spoke for a half hour or so on my qualifications and experience. After that I had a detailed floor walk and a 40 minute "pick 3 complete ensembles" activity which all Forever 21 interviewees go through. He then walked me to the door and said I'd hear from him soon.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to change about yourself?   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2013.

Well it's done mostly in group interviews they want to know if you know about the company's history if you know what forever21 sell if you know what's the latest trends if you know how to dress fashion forwardthey want to know if you know who the CEO , what they sell they want to know your personality , what's one thing you do and no one else knows about it but it's really funny, who's your fashion iconwent to the one interview they call you back but you have to stand out

Interview Questions
    It was no negotiation phase it was either you want to drop once I excepted I had orientation with the HR person and then we went through all the paperwork and then I had a start date and after that I just won the floor to train cashier the cashier ?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I actually walked in to just fill out an application but they were having an open house so I figured I'd just sit for an interview. I was dressed very casual, it was a rather quick interview and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your personality?
      Describe your sense of style.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

I found out they were hiring via Craigslist where they stated they were having a hiring fair at the Union Square store since they needed more sales associates for their newly expanding Herald Square location. I went for the group interview which took a while since there was already a huge line outside and it took about an hour to finally be put into a group of about 13 people for the interview. The interviewer was the manager and he asked 3 questions. Your name, age, and current or last occupation, to describe yourself in one word, and why they should hire you. **TIP** Make yourself known, so you can stand out the most among your group. My last name was kind of hard to pronounce and a name the manager never heard of so he tried asking me, even in the end of the interview how to pronounce it and where its from. It's also important to be pretty friendly and dress trendy.