Forever 21

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I went to an open house for their Times Square location at about 8am on morning. There were about 30 people in line ahead of me. We were given an application to fill out and then we held on to them until it was our turn to meet with a manager type person. It was a short group interview- whats your name, your experience and why do you want to work for this company. The day after, I was called about a second interview. It was also a group interview but this time it took place in an office. We were asked to say a little about yourself, and a lot of customer service related questions. I was expecting a question or two about the love of fashion but that never came up, so i suggest mentioning your love of fashion when you talk about yourself. They said they would call the following day if an offer was extended. No offer was extended.

Interview Question – If there was something you could change about Forever 21, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Recovery Specialist Interview

Recovery Specialist
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2010.

Interview Details – It's usually a group interview with 8 or more people at a time and there always looking for people with an original style and fun personality. It helps to be outspoken and confident.

Interview Question – naming a funny fact about yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was tipped off to the position opening by a friend & stopped in to ask for an application. The store manager, after some light questioning, told me to come in the next day when the Visual Manager was in. I did just that, and brought my resume with me. The Visual Manager and I chatted casually about my availability and past experience then she set up an in-depth interview for the next week. During that interview, I was asked all the basic questions: Why do you want to work for F21? What do you have to offer the company? Who are your favorite designers? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then, she had me choose three outfits: a contemporary look for the working 30 year old woman, a fashion forward look, and a look that best described my personal style. I was told they were still in the process of interviewing and would get back to me. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Question – What are 2 strengths/2 weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Can't complain with full-time + benefits.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

Interview Details – We were put into a group of about 10 people and all went around introducing ourselves and were asked about 3 to 5 questions

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

Interview Details – I found out they were hiring via Craigslist where they stated they were having a hiring fair at the Union Square store since they needed more sales associates for their newly expanding Herald Square location. I went for the group interview which took a while since there was already a huge line outside and it took about an hour to finally be put into a group of about 13 people for the interview. The interviewer was the manager and he asked 3 questions. Your name, age, and current or last occupation, to describe yourself in one word, and why they should hire you. **TIP** Make yourself known, so you can stand out the most among your group. My last name was kind of hard to pronounce and a name the manager never heard of so he tried asking me, even in the end of the interview how to pronounce it and where its from. It's also important to be pretty friendly and dress trendy.

Interview Question – To describe yourself in one word.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2010.

Interview Details – Open House. Group interviews were held of 4-8 people. Basic behavioral, experience and company questions. As long as you articulate yourself and know the responsibilities of the job you are applying for you will do fine.

Interview Question – What is the job of a Stock Associate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, starting salary $10/hr

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application form online and received a call from the Field Manager the very next morning. He was very pleased with my résumé and fixed up an appointment for 2 days later. Since I wasn't in town, I called him back to reschedule the appointment, which he readily did. He gave me accurate directions down to which form of public transport to use at which stops/ stations. Once I arrived he made me feel welcome with a nice comment on my attire and then we spoke for a half hour or so on my qualifications and experience. After that I had a detailed floor walk and a 40 minute "pick 3 complete ensembles" activity which all Forever 21 interviewees go through. He then walked me to the door and said I'd hear from him soon.

Interview Question – What would you like to change about yourself?   View Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – It was a group interview, the manager told us why we wanted to work for F21, what super power would we choose, what is Costumer Service to you, and what's going to be fall's biggest trend. My advice, be honest, have good energy when talking especially in a group and try to have a sense of humor. Also, if you never had any retail experience, take a Costumer Service training course. Looks very good on your resume and managers actually take that into consideration especially if it was a certified course.

Interview Question – The super power question was unexpected.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went to an open house for the herald square store, their was maybe 100 other people waiting in line with applications. They took us in about 6 at a time and asked three pretty easy to answer questions. Try to be the first to answer, if you have a good answer. They called me like two days later for orientation. Dress fashion forward and just show you have a personality I guess!

Interview Questions

• If i give you 100,000 dollars what three qualities would you look for when hiring someone to manage your money?   Answer Question
  • What is a misconception people have of you when they first meet you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – During orientation they write on your paper work what you'll be paid.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I actually walked in to just fill out an application but they were having an open house so I figured I'd just sit for an interview. I was dressed very casual, it was a rather quick interview and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How would you describe your personality?
Describe your sense of style.
  View Answer