Forever 21 Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

I went to an open house for the herald square store, their was maybe 100 other people waiting in line with applications. They took us in about 6 at a time and asked three pretty easy to answer questions. Try to be the first to answer, if you have a good answer. They called me like two days later for orientation. Dress fashion forward and just show you have a personality I guess!

Interview Questions
    • If i give you 100,000 dollars what three qualities would you look for when hiring someone to manage your money?   Answer Question
    • What is a misconception people have of you when they first meet you?   Answer Question
    During orientation they write on your paper work what you'll be paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21.

I actually walked in to just fill out an application but they were having an open house so I figured I'd just sit for an interview. I was dressed very casual, it was a rather quick interview and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your personality?
      Describe your sense of style.
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Welll they had a job fair and it was a a 2 interview process. At the job fair , the first interview they asked these questions: Talk about yourself a little bit. What do you like to do? Tell me 3 words that would describe you. Why do you want to work for forever 21?

Then at the second interview it was kind of like a group interview.Everybody was asked to introduced themselves. And she asked questions about fashion, four interest in forvever 21 and finally we played a game whereas we had 3 minutes to pick an outfit and talk about

Just relax and if your confident about your skills you will be fine,

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

Well I went to an open interview and we were handed applications to fill out on the spot, (so make sure you have a working pen and something to press on.) The manger walked around and put us into lines of 15. I was in the first 15 group and about 5 minutes later we were taken to a corner in the store where we were interviewed. The person that interviewed us was the assistant manger on the floor; he was really friendly. He asked us questions such as: "what is your first name and last initial", "have you worked before or currently working, if so where and what do you do?" and "one fun fact about you." All you have to really do is show that you are a fun person to work with, make sure to smile, but not too much. That day later I got a call for a second interview for the next day. I went and there was still about 12-15 people, but this time we were taken to the back of the store were we sat down and was interview by a different assistant manger. Just like the first interview we all got a chance to answer the questions, which were: "Tell me your first name" "something I should know about you" "Who is your favorite designer? Or your favorite famous person that you like their style and why?" "Have you worked in retail before?" The interview lasted for about 10 minutes and she said that if you were offer the job aspect a call by Wednesday. She was nice but not as nice as the first person who I got interviewed by.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Was only asked 2 questions. It was fun and laid back. I went into the store one day and asked if they were hiring, they were so I filled out the application ASAP then handed it back a few minutes later. I was called the next day for an interview on the following day. The manager was nice and funny, made everyone laugh so you didn't feel nervous at all (was a group interview)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2012.

I went in for a group interview with about 8 people the guy asked us what is unique about ourselves? why do we want to work here? and name one word to describe yourself. it was short and easy but you have to stand out and speak up so he'll remember you!

Interview Questions
    • he asked me what time did the times square location close and at that time i didnt know it was 1 am   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

I went to an open house Wednesday morning, i had to fill the application on the spot while standing in line waiting to get interviewed (the wait wasn't that long) a resume isn't necessary although I did hand in mine. I was interviewed with about 11 other people in a small corner not far away from others (and we were standing) questions consisted if "who's your favorite designer and why?" "Tell me something unique about you" "why are you applying to your desire position?" Yeap only three questions quick and easy, not everyone got to answer so you had to speak up and stand out. She said they were looking for good availability and of course how well we participated in the interviewed, she would pick those who she thought qualified to move to the second part of the interview. I got a call later on tht evening to go to a second interview the next day. This time we were in a back room with the store manager sitting down (we were about 10 candidates) she asked "why we choose to apply to that particular forever 21" "what we thought was good customer service" "what is one fun fact about and a word that describes us" the manager was lovely and easy to talked to, it felt more like a gathering than anything else, everyone was friendly and laughing. Later that evening I got a call with a job offering and the orientation day the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just be show that you're friendly and hard working. No experience needed either just make sure attitude reflects the fact you're willing to learn.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

I already sent in my resume so I went to the interview empty handed. I was supposed to have an interview with a manager but she was busy with someone else so I was interviewed by another manager. While I was waiting for him to print out the application, he asked another co-manager if the co-manager could interview me since he was busy. It was a bit awkward because I was standing there while the co-manager was whispering to the other "Do you want to interview her?" and the reply was "No". I sat down near the shoe section to fill out the application and then was interviewed. I was asked about previous job experiences, why I wanted to work for Forever 21, what my favourite fashion designer was, and he told me the hours of the store (he warned that I would have to work odd hours like 10pm - 7 am if I was accepted).

Interview Questions
    • What is your favourite fashion designer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

I went to an open interview in the store. I was interviewed with maybe 12 other people at one time standing up in a small doorway (did not even take off my jacket, so look fashionable, but don't worry about wearing their clothing). Asked us about our favorite item of clothing we own, what we like seeing in customer service, and words that would describe us. I answered every question, but not everyone was able to, so you have to speak up and be fast.

I got a phone call that night telling me to come in the next day for a second interview. It was also a group interview, but this time it was sitting down in a back room with 9 other people. They asked us to tell something embarrassing about ourselves, what trends we predicted would be big this summer, and why we wanted to work at that specific Forever 21 location. Most of us did not know that this interview was only for that specific location until that question was asked. We then played a short game to test our ability to communicate non-verbally. No question in either interview asked anything about our background, skills, qualifications, or how we would handle certain situations, so make sure to turn in a resume to show why you are qualified.

I got a phone call the night of the second interview telling me that they would like to hire me and that I needed to come in for orientation the next day. The lady who called could not tell much on the phone except that. We were not told (though we did ask) what positions we were hired for, whether we were hired as full time or part time, or what the pay rate was until halfway through orientation, so there was no way to make an informed acceptance or decline of their offer until then.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at this specific Forever 21 location?
      What do you predict will be this summer's hot fashion trends?
        Answer Question
    You can't really negotiate. It's take it or leave it. Did not even find out important information about position and pay rate until halfway through group orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2012.

It was around the holiday season so that is the best time to apply, it was an easy process since they were holding open houses every Wednesday since September (I applied in December). It wasn't easy because they were desperate for the, but I was myself and I answered the questions with confidence. They are looking for open availability and prior experience but try to stand out if you have on and not the other.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward, answer honestly and be ORIGINAL. I can't stress that enough, how are you going to make an impression in any interview or in life.   Answer Question
    Nothing, starting pay was above minimum wage.