Forever 21

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.1

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

I went to an open house for the herald square store, their was maybe 100 other people waiting in line with applications. They took us in about 6 at a time and asked three pretty easy to answer questions. Try to be the first to answer, if you have a good answer. They called me like two days later for orientation. Dress fashion forward and just show you have a personality I guess!

Interview Questions
    • If i give you 100,000 dollars what three qualities would you look for when hiring someone to manage your money?   Answer Question
    • What is a misconception people have of you when they first meet you?   Answer Question
    During orientation they write on your paper work what you'll be paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

We were put into a group of about 10 people and all went around introducing ourselves and were asked about 3 to 5 questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

I already sent in my resume so I went to the interview empty handed. I was supposed to have an interview with a manager but she was busy with someone else so I was interviewed by another manager. While I was waiting for him to print out the application, he asked another co-manager if the co-manager could interview me since he was busy. It was a bit awkward because I was standing there while the co-manager was whispering to the other "Do you want to interview her?" and the reply was "No". I sat down near the shoe section to fill out the application and then was interviewed. I was asked about previous job experiences, why I wanted to work for Forever 21, what my favourite fashion designer was, and he told me the hours of the store (he warned that I would have to work odd hours like 10pm - 7 am if I was accepted).

Interview Questions
    • What is your favourite fashion designer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

I went to an open house Wednesday morning, i had to fill the application on the spot while standing in line waiting to get interviewed (the wait wasn't that long) a resume isn't necessary although I did hand in mine. I was interviewed with about 11 other people in a small corner not far away from others (and we were standing) questions consisted if "who's your favorite designer and why?" "Tell me something unique about you" "why are you applying to your desire position?" Yeap only three questions quick and easy, not everyone got to answer so you had to speak up and stand out. She said they were looking for good availability and of course how well we participated in the interviewed, she would pick those who she thought qualified to move to the second part of the interview. I got a call later on tht evening to go to a second interview the next day. This time we were in a back room with the store manager sitting down (we were about 10 candidates) she asked "why we choose to apply to that particular forever 21" "what we thought was good customer service" "what is one fun fact about and a word that describes us" the manager was lovely and easy to talked to, it felt more like a gathering than anything else, everyone was friendly and laughing. Later that evening I got a call with a job offering and the orientation day the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just be show that you're friendly and hard working. No experience needed either just make sure attitude reflects the fact you're willing to learn.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

I went to an open interview in the store. I was interviewed with maybe 12 other people at one time standing up in a small doorway (did not even take off my jacket, so look fashionable, but don't worry about wearing their clothing). Asked us about our favorite item of clothing we own, what we like seeing in customer service, and words that would describe us. I answered every question, but not everyone was able to, so you have to speak up and be fast.

I got a phone call that night telling me to come in the next day for a second interview. It was also a group interview, but this time it was sitting down in a back room with 9 other people. They asked us to tell something embarrassing about ourselves, what trends we predicted would be big this summer, and why we wanted to work at that specific Forever 21 location. Most of us did not know that this interview was only for that specific location until that question was asked. We then played a short game to test our ability to communicate non-verbally. No question in either interview asked anything about our background, skills, qualifications, or how we would handle certain situations, so make sure to turn in a resume to show why you are qualified.

I got a phone call the night of the second interview telling me that they would like to hire me and that I needed to come in for orientation the next day. The lady who called could not tell much on the phone except that. We were not told (though we did ask) what positions we were hired for, whether we were hired as full time or part time, or what the pay rate was until halfway through orientation, so there was no way to make an informed acceptance or decline of their offer until then.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at this specific Forever 21 location?
      What do you predict will be this summer's hot fashion trends?

Answer Question
    You can't really negotiate. It's take it or leave it. Did not even find out important information about position and pay rate until halfway through group orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in December 2012.

It was around the holiday season so that is the best time to apply, it was an easy process since they were holding open houses every Wednesday since September (I applied in December). It wasn't easy because they were desperate for the, but I was myself and I answered the questions with confidence. They are looking for open availability and prior experience but try to stand out if you have on and not the other.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward, answer honestly and be ORIGINAL. I can't stress that enough, how are you going to make an impression in any interview or in life.   Answer Question
    Nothing, starting pay was above minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2012.

Really easy i went in she offered me a job on the spot.Unfortunately i couldn't take the job due to Huricane Sandy in NJ i had a lot of personal issues that kept me from taking the job.

Interview Questions
    • There wasnt anything difficult she interviewed me then afterwards offered me a job on the spot   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2012.

The best thing about Forever 21 is perhaps the interview process. Those who conduct the interview (various types of managers i.e assistant, floor etc.) usually shy away from standard questions which is great because such questions tend to overshadow a prospective employees personality. I've only attended open calls and those consisted of a walk in group interview, and second interview if you're a eligible employee and if hired, orientation.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to be asked any question (relating to the interview), what would it be and what would your answer be?   View Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in June 2012.

I went to an open call. The line was huge. When I arrived, I noticed everyone had an application. So I went inside and ask one of the staff for an application. A couple of minutes later a staff tells me we cannot interview you because you are too casually dressed but you are welcome to shop. I told her I really want to work here & how did a manager determined I was too casually dressed. Can I speak to her? She walked back in the store and gave me an application & said give it to me once your done. I of course did not. She for some reason did not like me. So I waited on line for my shot at an interview because there was so many people. Some were dressed similar to me, other corporate and others were dressed styish. Anyways, I got an interview. They ask why forever 21? Name a designer? We played a brief listening game, we did all of this while competing with loud store music! Unprofessional yet they want to critique how I was dressed. Irony! Anyways, I was so frustrated with this question because he insisted he wanted designers. I told him the truth Forever 21 is a household name. Its caters to fashionista on a budget so why the hell are we talking about Michael Kors, Armani, Louis Vuitton when Forever 21 is not even in the same effin league as these designers. Pretentious much! I was a little too outspoken & honest. I did not name a designer instead I said I like Rihanna's style because she is a rebel & not afraid to take risks. Which foreshadowed exactly my personality LOL. I was myself & I even strut as I walked out the store like a boss. I doubt I will get a call back but the hell with them! Basically, they want someone who lives & dies for fashion although you work at a basic store like forever 21. Whatever happen to wanting a job to have fun, make friends and make some extra cash!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in June 2012.

- why would you want to work in Forever21 ?
    -tell me something about yourself.
    -when a customer needs help what will you do ?