Forever 21 Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
334 interviews

334 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2013.

I wasn't expecting a group interview. There was about 20 people interviewing for the same position. If you were not communicating with the manager, you basically didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time when you and a customer had a disagreement?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Walked in the store and picked up an application. Turned it in to a manager, they reviewed it and started interviewing me on the spot. It was sudden but I tried to not show it. They asked routine questions like 'why forever 21', 'what would you do in this situation', 'how do you keep up with the latest trends' and I answered them honestly and confidently. i was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Forever 21.

Came in filled out App. Manager asked to see me right away. We did a one on one interview in the lobby area of the mall and she asked a series of questions. Nothing out of the ordinary, just previous work history, why I wanted to work their. I was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Forever 21.

The whole process took about 3 and half weeks. A friend of mines told me they were hiring so I hurried up and completed an application. I turned my application and resume in personally to the store manager and introduced myself. She asked certain questions on the spot like do you have any retail experience, etc. I had ZERO experience in retail but I showed confidence & also explained my last job where I worked directly with people. She told me she would give me a call but of course as a job seeker NEVER rely on that. I called about a week later to speak with her on following up with my app but she wouldn't be in that entire week! So I continued my job hunt. About 2 weeks later I finally got a call for an interview. It was a one on one interview with an assistant manager, who was very laid back and the questions asked were as well. After the interview she told me I should be receiving a call in a couple days. 2 days later I was offered the position. I accepted and had to go through two days of orientation! I started my first shift a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were really basic.
      Tell me about yourself.
      What's your sense of style?
      How would you deal w/ a difficult customer?
      Why would you like to work in retail?
      How well do you work w/ others?
        Answer Question
    Nope

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2012.

It was a group interview in the middle of the store. I was very relaxed. The store manager asked us about our previous work experience, what does customer service mean to us, and how do we handle difficult customers. Pretty much if you had a good personality and spoke up, then you would most likely get hired. I got a call two days after my interview and happily accepted. I work at Forever21 for about a year and my co-workers became my little family.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Got an walk -in/ paper application. Filled it out at home and brought it in two days later. Manger spoke with me and did an on the spot interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiating needed. Manager was very friendly and personable!

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2012.

Regular in person interview. Average questions about fashion. Try to come across as creative, and fashionable and super trendy. Wear something that shows off style. Do not go in sneakers, or jeans.

Sales Associate Interview

Submitted online and paper app, called in about a week later. Group interview, all of the q's have been posted already. The dress code was "casual", but they should clarify on what casual means. If uncertain, you should go in with business casual attire since it's better to overdress than under dressing.

Anonymous Employee  in  Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

So I went to the interview and brought my resume , the lady asked me a couple questions but the way she did it like making me sound stupid , she didn't even look at my resume and I truly believe I'm pretty qualified for a job that I can't prove in a couple words but through my actions , she cut me short and was like in a rush , lost my interest In the and the store

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

It was an open interview. I arrived with the application all filled out and ready to go. The interview was quick and took maybe 30 minutes. I got the job a few days after. The training process was very quick and I felt it covered the basics, but someone still needs guidance in their first couple of months at the store.

Interview Questions
    • What did I consider working on a team to mean   View Answer
    If you have retail experience, try to negotiate a higher salary.

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!