Forever 21 Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

- Submitted paper application in person - Got called in for group interview - Interviewed was with 2 people - Got a call the same day after interview, telling me I got the job!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Submitted and online application and at the end, was instructed to go to the store and submit a paper application. The store manager was called and asked me a few questions, then told me that he would submit it to HR for processing. Two weeks later, I received a call stating that they wanted me to apply at another F21 store in town, as they needed more associates at the time. I agreed, and a week later, I had a group interview at the 2nd location. They were having several group interviews that evening. I was in the first group with three other candidates. They asked the usual "Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, and what are the three most important things when it comes to customer service?" After that, we were paired up and given the challenge of picking out an outfit for a particular event. Our outfit was 'what to wear on a first date,' and the other team was going to a concert (the interviewer gave the name of a specific artist, but I don't remember who it was). We then had to 'sell' the outfit to the interviewer and explain why we chose the items that we did. We were told that after the rest of the interviews were conducted, we would be contacted if we got the job later that evening. I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important things when it comes to customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Forever 21?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

There was a new store opening up in my area so I checked the F21 career page online and applied through there. I got a phone call within the next couple of days saying to come in for an interview. I went to another F21 site for the interview. The general manager had a group interview with me and 3 others. We were all asked two questions and were hired to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 (Metairie, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went in on a Friday to fill out an application and I got a call back on that Tuesday to come in for an interview that following day. When I got there, it didn't take long for the manager to see me, which she was the Assistant Manager of the store. We then went sit off to the side where she was able to multi-task by interviewing me and watching the store

Interview Questions

• How would I respond to an angry customer who couldn't find their size in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair they were hosting. I was interview by someone reading straight from a paper and writing my answers on that same paper. My friend was called for a second interview and was told by one of the managers that the sales associates don't last more than two months.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview and they brought us to a back room. Pretty simple questions such as tell me something about yourself, why you want to work here, and do you know any current fashion trends, etc. We were told that we didn't have to answer in the order of how we were standing -- we could just answer whenever we wanted to as a way to see how well we mesh with others. Overall, it was not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite designer and do you know any current fashion trends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 (Beaumont, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied in store then called for an update a few days later. The lady who answered the phone said they don't give application updates Friday through Sunday, but I could call in the following Monday. I did and the male associate asked me about my availability then a few hours later I received a call for an interview. It was a group interview including myself and three other people with one of the managers. She asked easy questions and told us we didn't have to answer in any particular order. At the end of the interview she asked to choose an outfit we would wear during the winter/fall and explain why we chose it. A few days after the first interview I received a call to come in the following week for my second interview where I was asked similar questions by a second manager. After that, she told me I was hired, welcomed me to the team and asked if I could stay to fill out some paper work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here at Forever 21?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you caught someone stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a few questions regarding pay as it was never mentioned, but the manager during my second interview told me my pay would be based on how much I made at my last job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

It was really easy. I went in and asked for a job application. they tell you some days you won't get out until really late. I filled out the app, turned it in, then they called me for an interview. It was a group interview, pretty easy, with 2 other girls. Just dress nice and answer all the questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 (McLean, VA).

Interview

Quick, directed questions that were fairly easy to answer. Touched on experience, personal impact, and who you are as a person. Asked about how I would handle certain customer service situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Basic customer service questions were asked and how you would deal with difficult situations. The person interviewing me was young and told me she didn't have a lot of experience in retail but was learning as she goes. It was quick and painless. I talked more about experiences I had in retail then her asking me questions.