Forever 21

Getting the Interview

293 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2014.

Interview Details – it was like forreal because i got accpeted right then and there they offered me 7 dollars and ibumped it 10 doolaars

West Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2013.

Interview Details – The co-manager of the store sat three of us down at a table and asked us various questions such as hot summer fashion trends, as well as future plans and our personal abilities that make us superior for the position. She was very polite, and it was a very relaxed and short interview.

Interview Question – What's your biggest accomplishment in life so far?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They didn't give me an opportunity to negotiate.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2010.

Interview Details – group interview

Negotiation Details – Its a good job if you are just looking for something to get into retail, and like busy environments

Mission Viejo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got hired extremely quick and easily. Basic group interview with extremely basic retail questions, just had to make a basic impression and stand out. How you dress is a huge part of it!

Interview Question – How to deal with stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2013.

Interview Details – I handed my resume to a manager and was contacted by phone no less than three or four days later. I came into an interview with one other person. We met the hiring manager in store and the meeting was held in the food court. She asked simple questions about our availability, our fashion sense, and why we wanted to work at the company. The meeting was short and stress-free. I got a call three days later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Forever 21?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I was told by a manager to come in store to apply as the process would go by faster. I came in, filled out an application, and was interviewed by a manager. I was hired the same day. I got the pay I asked for and I should have asked for a bit more.

Interview Question – Honestly, the questions were really easy. The most difficult question was problem, "Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer." Not that hard being that I have experience in door-to-door sales. In other words, I know what it's like to deal with difficult people.   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Interview ran in groups. I was lucky enough to have turned in my application and have an interview on the same day.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult. I believe the most difficult part was standing out without looking like a sore thumb.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just accepted the job position.

Glendora, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2014.

Interview Details – Handed in my application (with a resume) during the time where the store was hiring (not accepting applications) and was put on a list & given a time for a group interview (which I had known was the process this store had specifically, seeing as a friend of mine & my sister also applied here a year earlier and went through the process). I figured I'd be good at a group interview, because I allowed myself to be memorable out of the 4 other girls being interviewed alongside myself. The manager asked a few questions and allowed us all to answer which ever ones we chose to out loud (and I chose to answer all of them). The store at my mall is rather large, but a one floor store, so it retains that F21 vibe. Overall, the process was simple enough, nothing too complex.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Manager asked how we would handle upset/difficult customers, why we would like to work for the store, if anyone knew what the term 'suggestive selling' meant,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - she gave me the starting pay over the phone.

Brea, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I was shopping at the store when I noticed they were having a hiring event (basically a manager at a fold up table in the front of the store with applications). I filled out an application and she asked me a couple questions about my previous work experience. I got a call later that day to come into the store for a group interview. There were about six of us in a circle going around answering the manager's questions (nothing tricky). Everyone in my group got the job (except one girl who was late). Dress cute and smile.

Interview Question – How important is customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage.

Sterling Heights, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone call about a week after I applied. The interview was a group interview. There were about 8 of us. The questions were your standard retail questions, ie how you would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how you would approach (or if you should) someone who you suspected was shoplifting, which is not even a very difficult question.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forever 21 Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 293 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forever 21 employees and interview candidates.