Forever 21

Average Difficulty
316 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went into the store one day and there was a table with applications. I filled one out and the manager asked to see it when I was done. She hardly looked it over and offered me a group interview about 5 days later. The interview was 2 other girls and myself being interviewed by the assistant and co-managers. I was the last to answer every question in the order we were sitting but I still did not give the same answers as the two before me, or I would add a lot more if I agreed with part of their answer. The managers seemed to like my positive and outgoing attitude and I tried exuding as much confidence as possible. The interview took about 20 minutes and was very laid back and relaxed. The managers cracked a few jokes and made it a very calm environment. I dressed in high wasted black dress shorts and a blouse with a blazer. I left the interview with very high hopes and they said they would call us by the next week with an offer or not and I got a call about 20 minutes after I left and they offered me the job!

Interview Questions

Huntington, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details – There were between 15 and 20 girls applying for a group interview at different times. Once they called my group up they asked basic questions on the sales floor in a circle. After that they called us up separately with a few more questions and I was offered a job.

Interview Question – Why Forever 21?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I asked for between 8-8.50 and was offered 8.50

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was an informal group interview. Waited about an hour because the line was very long. Went in with about 15 other people. The store manager and floor manager was there and asked us a question and then went around the circle and had people answer. It was the most monotonous interview I ever had.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question just common sense   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope either take it or leave it.

Orange, CA

Interviewed at Forever 21

Interview Details – I applied in store and specifically asked to meet the manager. I introduced myself and shook his hand and he asked why I wanted to work there on the spot and I answered and he said good, come in for an interview this day. So I came in and there were 3 employees there and one other girl who I became best friends with! They said there were supposed to be 3 more interviewees coming so we waited 10 minutes and said "I guess we can get started". Who wants to hire someone who is late to an interview anyway?! I thought that was weird. So they asked why do we want to work there and whats our favorite animal and about experience and what we like to do for fun and what would we do if we saw someone stealing and what is a life lesson we learned from sports. They favorited the other girls funny answers instead of my professional ones so they pretty much wanted someone who's fun than someone who is serious about the job.

Interview Question – -What's our favorite animal and why. And we had to pick one.
-Life lesson we learned from sports.
  View Answer

Bloomington, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

Interview Details – After realizing I had a couple of friends working at the MOA location, I decided to try my luck and applied. I was working at another job at the moment, so it wasn't the best move i've ever done. I thought the experience was going to be great and that i'd like it more than my current job. I personally went to the MOA location, picked up an application, filled it in and returned it the same day. Luckily for me, the general manager (who I did not know, or would of not expected to be) was present and she took my resume. She saw that my areas of work were so different from retail, but told me i was good candidate and to expect a phone call soon. about 3 days later, I received a phone call from them asking me if i'd like to interview. On the actual interview, i quickly realized it was a group interview. The actual interview was ok, for the most part you pretty much just had to give the best answers and outshine the others, which i did. I was offered the job the same night via phone call, and accepted.

Interview Question – 1. Who is your favorite fashion idol inspiration? & 2. are you wearing any F21 merchandise?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. If you feel like you are a rockstar and aced the interview, I'd suggest asking more then the standard wage.

Lakewood, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2012.

Interview Details – the hiring process is really easy. just put in your application and they will call you in a week. its a group interview with 5 people or more, just make sure you stand out and smile alot.

Interview Question – very easy questions ; typical interview questions   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Clackamas, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in the store to get an application and filled it out outside. Minutes later I turned it in to the manager and she called the HR manager for an interview. We went outside and the interview was very conversational. She asked basic questions regarding my education, experience, and my thoughts on customer service, I was hired on the spot. She let me know that she would call me the next day to give me my first shift.

Interview Question – How would you sell someone a scarf?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2011.

Interview Details – There were several group interviews that you could be scheduled into, so they were pretty flexible if you couldn't make the first group interview. There wasn't much of an introduction, you are shuttled into a room with a large table; my group had about 20 people in it, with 1-2 management people. We were asked questions about personal style, quizzed on how we'd put things together, asked about tough circumstances in past jobs, etc. and we went around the table and each had to answer. It was a little awkward when someone copied the answer of the person before them, so you have to be on your toes to be original and stand out. Dress stylishly but semi-professionally, because they were definitely taking that into account.

Interview Question – How would you describe your personal style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, they offered a very low wage, whatever the minimum wage was at the time, and they were not open to talking about it because so many others were in line behind me for a position.

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2011.

Interview Details – There was one group interview. We sat in the middle of the mall in an area with couches. The hiring manager would ask a question and everyone would take turns going around answering it. The questions were very easy to answer (why do you want to work for Forever 21, what makes you a good candidate, etc). Make sure to dress trendy! They made a comment right away about how they loved my outfit. I got a call the next day saying that I was hired.

Torrance, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2014.

Interview Details – The manager who interviewed me was Fay. She was pretty standard, and the first question she asked after shaking hands was what is something the del amo forever 21 can improve on and how can we make it perform better. The interview took less than 10 minutes.

Interview Question – worst experience in retail.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forever 21 Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 316 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forever 21 employees and interview candidates.