Forever 21

Updated Jan 28, 2015

1.9

391 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied there during the summer and got a call back for a group interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. I came into the interview and the hiring manager was on their break, so another manager conducted it. I thought it was fairly easy-- why Forever 21? Question about own fashion sense, what makes good customer service, if an item was stolen etc. Fairly easy.

Interview Questions
  • What if you were in a situation where you are going into another room to help a customer, then another customer approaches you and you notice another customer is using a hook to get something from the higher racks, while you hear the phone ringing; how would all that be handled?   View Answer
Since I asked a little more than what minimum wage was, we met halfway

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was pretty cool, alot of candidates so arrive early! It's a group which doesn't make it bad but could be intimidating at the same time. Questions were pretty simple just relax, dress fashionable and try to stand out!

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process took 1 day. I attended a job fair. They asked easy questions like who is your favorite fashion designer, why forever 21 etc. If you have the Forever 21 look you'll get hired. Look trendy and fashionable for the interview and you'll be fine :)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Really easy-- had to pick out an outfit, asked why one would work for Forever 21, asked about any previous experience, it was very simple and straight forward. I went on one of the days where they were having open interviews-- the store manager sat in the front, we filled out an application and we were all just interviewed on the spot. By the end of the 20 minute interview, we found out whether or not we were hired.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing that was difficult was that they asked you to walk around the store and pick out an outfit which took me a while because the store is so huge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

I went to one of the job fair/open interview events at the King of Prussia Mall in Pennsylvania. There were not very many people, which was a plus because I felt less intimidated. However, I did go pretty early. The open interviews were going on from 11am until 3pm so I'm guessing a lot of people probably showed up later. When I got there, a sales associate told me to go to the second floor. Upstairs there were a few tables set up and we had to sit there and fill out a paper job application. When we finished, we gave our applications to a manager and we were interviewed on the spot. The interview was INCREDIBLY short. I wasn't the only one that felt that way either. I asked a few others that I saw there and they completely agreed. I felt like the manager barely got to know me. When it was over, I literally said "that's it?" Aside from that, I actually enjoyed the interview. I'm a little shy and I was super nervous but once I was in front of the manager I felt completely comfortable, relaxed, and confident. The manager was very friendly!

Interview Questions
    • What brings you to forever 21?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you disagreed with someone. How did you deal with it in order to work together?   Answer Question
    • Past job experience and how it relates to this job   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

It was a open interview in NYC that lasted several days. There were a lot of available positions for a new store opening up, a whole new floor that was expanded in a old store, as well as another store that needed new employees. My guess is that there were at least 50 people waiting for their turn when I was there. Each person received a application to fill out before getting interviewed. 8 people were brought into the fitting room at one time to sit in a semicircle facing one of the managers. The interview itself was pretty quick and smooth. The manager was really nice and made everyone feel comfortable. He introduced himself and explained his position. We went around the room to introduce ourselves and then he asked the group 2 questions. Its good to know the history of the company because I personally was asked to tell what other information I knew about Forever21. Luckily I did my research beforehand and the manager was impressed with me. At the end he went over everyone's resumes and asked about our availability. When the interview was over he called a few names to stay back for 'further questioning about our resumes'. When the other people left he told the remainder of us that we were hired and that he just didn't want to say it in front of the people that he let leave.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

I went to the store and got an application. When I brought it back the manager looked it over and scheduled an interview time with me. The interviewIng manager was relatively friendly, but put on hand sanitizer immediately after shaking my hand, which made me uncomfortable. The interview was short and she said I would hear from them by the next day. I did not hear from them and it has been one week.

Interview Questions
    • At our store we only do exchanges or store credit returns. What would you do if a customer was making a scene because they want their money back?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a customer stealing? What about if you saw a coworker stealing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me
      one positive and one negative trait you have.

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

I applied for the job of sales associate through an application form I received from store itself. I received a call for an interview after about 3 weeks. I was interviewed at the store itself by two store managers. They didn't ask many questions and whatever they asked is already on glassdoor and since I was already prepared for these question my interview went quite smoothly. Question they asked:
    What does customer service means to you?
    Why Forever 21?
    My availability and flexibility for shifts ?
    It has only been a day since my interview so, I am still waiting for their response.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview was outside of the store within a busy mall. The interview was not one on one, but was eight candidates together with one interviewer. We were at a group of tables next to a waterfall and it was hard to hear. The interviewer asked one question and the candidates went around in a circle to answer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions themselves were not difficult, but coming up with original answers was hard in the group.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was fairly easy. I got a call from them to schedule the interview. Did the the interview on Tuesday. It was about six people in the group interview. The interview took about an hour. By Friday got a call saying that I had got the job. It took a total of two weeks until I actually started working due to the fact that the main manager was out for a week for a corporate reasons.

Interview Questions
    • Tell Me about a time where you had bad customer service?   Answer Question