Forever 21

Average Difficulty
332 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Walked in the store and picked up an application. Turned it in to a manager, they reviewed it and started interviewing me on the spot. It was sudden but I tried to not show it. They asked routine questions like 'why forever 21', 'what would you do in this situation', 'how do you keep up with the latest trends' and I answered them honestly and confidently. i was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Came in filled out App. Manager asked to see me right away. We did a one on one interview in the lobby area of the mall and she asked a series of questions. Nothing out of the ordinary, just previous work history, why I wanted to work their. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – All standard. Why do you want to work here? Etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – The whole process took about 3 and half weeks. A friend of mines told me they were hiring so I hurried up and completed an application. I turned my application and resume in personally to the store manager and introduced myself. She asked certain questions on the spot like do you have any retail experience, etc. I had ZERO experience in retail but I showed confidence & also explained my last job where I worked directly with people. She told me she would give me a call but of course as a job seeker NEVER rely on that. I called about a week later to speak with her on following up with my app but she wouldn't be in that entire week! So I continued my job hunt. About 2 weeks later I finally got a call for an interview. It was a one on one interview with an assistant manager, who was very laid back and the questions asked were as well. After the interview she told me I should be receiving a call in a couple days. 2 days later I was offered the position. I accepted and had to go through two days of orientation! I started my first shift a couple days later.

Interview Question – The questions were really basic.
Tell me about yourself.
What's your sense of style?
How would you deal w/ a difficult customer?
Why would you like to work in retail?
How well do you work w/ others?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope

Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview in the middle of the store. I was very relaxed. The store manager asked us about our previous work experience, what does customer service mean to us, and how do we handle difficult customers. Pretty much if you had a good personality and spoke up, then you would most likely get hired. I got a call two days after my interview and happily accepted. I work at Forever21 for about a year and my co-workers became my little family.

Interview Question – How do prevent someone from stealing?   Answer Question

Manchester, NH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview Details – Got an walk -in/ paper application. Filled it out at home and brought it in two days later. Manger spoke with me and did an on the spot interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating needed. Manager was very friendly and personable!

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2012.

Interview Details – Regular in person interview. Average questions about fashion. Try to come across as creative, and fashionable and super trendy. Wear something that shows off style. Do not go in sneakers, or jeans.

Interview Question – Name 3 trends that are hot right now?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Forever 21

Interview Details – Submitted online and paper app, called in about a week later. Group interview, all of the q's have been posted already. The dress code was "casual", but they should clarify on what casual means. If uncertain, you should go in with business casual attire since it's better to overdress than under dressing.

Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details – So I went to the interview and brought my resume , the lady asked me a couple questions but the way she did it like making me sound stupid , she didn't even look at my resume and I truly believe I'm pretty qualified for a job that I can't prove in a couple words but through my actions , she cut me short and was like in a rush , lost my interest In the and the store

Interview Question – Do you know what a sales associate does?   Answer Question

Aurora, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was an open interview. I arrived with the application all filled out and ready to go. The interview was quick and took maybe 30 minutes. I got the job a few days after. The training process was very quick and I felt it covered the basics, but someone still needs guidance in their first couple of months at the store.

Interview Question – What did I consider working on a team to mean   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you have retail experience, try to negotiate a higher salary.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call within 2 days and was scheduled to interview the next day. The interview didn't to so well because they didn't mention that they only hire 18 yr olds. I was 17 at the time

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!