Forever 21

Average Difficulty
322 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call within 2 days and was scheduled to interview the next day. The interview didn't to so well because they didn't mention that they only hire 18 yr olds. I was 17 at the time

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

Interview Details – Completed the application in store and was contacted within the week. Set up an interview with the assistant manager. After a few questions about my former job and customer service skills, I was offered the position the same day. Took about a week to go in for paperwork and soon after I was officially hired.

Interview Question – What's your worst quality?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I applied in-person (Have to b 18+) I received call the next week asking to come in for an interview. It was a group interview. Roughly 5 of us. She asked real basic questions like "why f21?" or "what can you offer to the company?". I received another call the next week saying I got the job and to come in on a certain day to do paper work and such

Interview Question – Do you know any knowledge about the company?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair at the Times Square location. I got there a little after 8 (it was between 8 and 11am) and they had everyone wait on a line on the lower level by the shoe department and then gave us an application to fill out. The assistant manager would take about 5-8 people at a time for an interview, so be sure to be really outgoing so that you're noticed! They asked the typical questions like why do you wanna work here? describe your style? tell me about yourself, etc. at the end she told us that we should hear back within a week and don't call them/go back to the store to see if you got hired or not. After the one week waiting period you're eligible to apply again.

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went into my local Forever 21 store in June 2014 and asked if they were hiring, to which the manager told me that they were accepting applications. I was given an application, filled it out in the food court and handed it in--easy. I got a call one month later saying that they were now doing interviews and wanted to know if I could come in for one, to which I said yes. It was a group interview which totaled up to 7 girls, including me. We all stood in a circle and were assisted by 2 co-managers who instructed the interview. It was pretty easy and actually fun, the questions weren't hard but one that did kind of get me was "What would you do if you saw a customer putting something into their purse that they didn't pay for?" I wasn't expecting that and it kind of caught me off guard. Overall, easy interview...just be yourself, be relaxed, talk clearly and make sure you be nice to the other people that are interviewing, don't try to outshine anyone or pretend like no one else is there, they wanna see your people skills and see how well you'd do with potential customers. They said that if you got the position you'd hear from them within a week but I got a call back literally an hour later asking if I could come in for orientation.

Interview Question – "What would you do if you saw a customer placing something in their bag that they didn't pay for?"   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went to an open call. They were 1 hour and 20 minutes late. Then they took groups of 10 to the back where they asked like 3 questions & took your resume. They said they would call back by the end of the day if they were interested.

Interview Question – Describe your perfect summer go to outfit
What is good customer service ?
What makes you a good candidate ?
  Answer Question

Sales Associate

Interview Details – I went into the store one day and there was a table with applications. I filled one out and the manager asked to see it when I was done. She hardly looked it over and offered me a group interview about 5 days later. The interview was 2 other girls and myself being interviewed by the assistant and co-managers. I was the last to answer every question in the order we were sitting but I still did not give the same answers as the two before me, or I would add a lot more if I agreed with part of their answer. The managers seemed to like my positive and outgoing attitude and I tried exuding as much confidence as possible. The interview took about 20 minutes and was very laid back and relaxed. The managers cracked a few jokes and made it a very calm environment. I dressed in high wasted black dress shorts and a blouse with a blazer. I left the interview with very high hopes and they said they would call us by the next week with an offer or not and I got a call about 20 minutes after I left and they offered me the job!

Interview Questions

Huntington, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details – There were between 15 and 20 girls applying for a group interview at different times. Once they called my group up they asked basic questions on the sales floor in a circle. After that they called us up separately with a few more questions and I was offered a job.

Interview Question – Why Forever 21?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I asked for between 8-8.50 and was offered 8.50

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was an informal group interview. Waited about an hour because the line was very long. Went in with about 15 other people. The store manager and floor manager was there and asked us a question and then went around the circle and had people answer. It was the most monotonous interview I ever had.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question just common sense   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope either take it or leave it.

Orange, CA

Interviewed at Forever 21

Interview Details – I applied in store and specifically asked to meet the manager. I introduced myself and shook his hand and he asked why I wanted to work there on the spot and I answered and he said good, come in for an interview this day. So I came in and there were 3 employees there and one other girl who I became best friends with! They said there were supposed to be 3 more interviewees coming so we waited 10 minutes and said "I guess we can get started". Who wants to hire someone who is late to an interview anyway?! I thought that was weird. So they asked why do we want to work there and whats our favorite animal and about experience and what we like to do for fun and what would we do if we saw someone stealing and what is a life lesson we learned from sports. They favorited the other girls funny answers instead of my professional ones so they pretty much wanted someone who's fun than someone who is serious about the job.

Interview Question – -What's our favorite animal and why. And we had to pick one.
-Life lesson we learned from sports.
  View Answer

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!