Forever 21

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2015.

it was a good interview 5 basic questions and that was it. It was a group interview with 9 other people making it 10 people. The manger told 6 of us to wait behind and told us we were hire on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Sale Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

They call you for an open interview where you and 5 - 15 other people will get in a circle and they'll ask you interview questions. After they call you within a week if you got it.
    I don't remember any of the questions but you don't need experience so don't worry.
    Just be yourself. If they hire you and your a completely different person after it will not go well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your Fashion sense? How do you like to dress?   Answer Question
    Most of us started at $7.80 to $7.90. If you want to get an above average wage apply during holidays when we need to hire as much people as possible so the wages are extra high to get people in. Then you can stay as a regular part timer. Most get paid around $8.50 now.

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

Group interview, if theyre doing an open house make sure to get there EARLY,i came in an hour late and there was a giant line from one end of the building to the other! Oh also the people for this company are so unprofessional,it will take them weeks to call you back for training, and they don't even give you a schedule you have to call and they don't even answer the phone when you do, please look for a better job opportunity somewhere else forever 21 is not worth it, it really is just a waste of time.

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied there during the summer and got a call back for a group interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. I came into the interview and the hiring manager was on their break, so another manager conducted it. I thought it was fairly easy-- why Forever 21? Question about own fashion sense, what makes good customer service, if an item was stolen etc. Fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were in a situation where you are going into another room to help a customer, then another customer approaches you and you notice another customer is using a hook to get something from the higher racks, while you hear the phone ringing; how would all that be handled?   View Answer
    Since I asked a little more than what minimum wage was, we met halfway

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was pretty cool, alot of candidates so arrive early! It's a group which doesn't make it bad but could be intimidating at the same time. Questions were pretty simple just relax, dress fashionable and try to stand out!

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process took 1 day. I attended a job fair. They asked easy questions like who is your favorite fashion designer, why forever 21 etc. If you have the Forever 21 look you'll get hired. Look trendy and fashionable for the interview and you'll be fine :)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Really easy-- had to pick out an outfit, asked why one would work for Forever 21, asked about any previous experience, it was very simple and straight forward. I went on one of the days where they were having open interviews-- the store manager sat in the front, we filled out an application and we were all just interviewed on the spot. By the end of the 20 minute interview, we found out whether or not we were hired.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing that was difficult was that they asked you to walk around the store and pick out an outfit which took me a while because the store is so huge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

I went to one of the job fair/open interview events at the King of Prussia Mall in Pennsylvania. There were not very many people, which was a plus because I felt less intimidated. However, I did go pretty early. The open interviews were going on from 11am until 3pm so I'm guessing a lot of people probably showed up later. When I got there, a sales associate told me to go to the second floor. Upstairs there were a few tables set up and we had to sit there and fill out a paper job application. When we finished, we gave our applications to a manager and we were interviewed on the spot. The interview was INCREDIBLY short. I wasn't the only one that felt that way either. I asked a few others that I saw there and they completely agreed. I felt like the manager barely got to know me. When it was over, I literally said "that's it?" Aside from that, I actually enjoyed the interview. I'm a little shy and I was super nervous but once I was in front of the manager I felt completely comfortable, relaxed, and confident. The manager was very friendly!

Interview Questions
    • What brings you to forever 21?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you disagreed with someone. How did you deal with it in order to work together?   Answer Question
    • Past job experience and how it relates to this job   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

It was a open interview in NYC that lasted several days. There were a lot of available positions for a new store opening up, a whole new floor that was expanded in a old store, as well as another store that needed new employees. My guess is that there were at least 50 people waiting for their turn when I was there. Each person received a application to fill out before getting interviewed. 8 people were brought into the fitting room at one time to sit in a semicircle facing one of the managers. The interview itself was pretty quick and smooth. The manager was really nice and made everyone feel comfortable. He introduced himself and explained his position. We went around the room to introduce ourselves and then he asked the group 2 questions. Its good to know the history of the company because I personally was asked to tell what other information I knew about Forever21. Luckily I did my research beforehand and the manager was impressed with me. At the end he went over everyone's resumes and asked about our availability. When the interview was over he called a few names to stay back for 'further questioning about our resumes'. When the other people left he told the remainder of us that we were hired and that he just didn't want to say it in front of the people that he let leave.

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in January 2015.

I went to the store and got an application. When I brought it back the manager looked it over and scheduled an interview time with me. The interviewIng manager was relatively friendly, but put on hand sanitizer immediately after shaking my hand, which made me uncomfortable. The interview was short and she said I would hear from them by the next day. I did not hear from them and it has been one week.

Interview Questions
    • At our store we only do exchanges or store credit returns. What would you do if a customer was making a scene because they want their money back?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a customer stealing? What about if you saw a coworker stealing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me
      one positive and one negative trait you have.

Answer Question