Forever 21

Getting the Interview

27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2014.

Interview Details – it was like forreal because i got accpeted right then and there they offered me 7 dollars and ibumped it 10 doolaars

Mission Viejo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got hired extremely quick and easily. Basic group interview with extremely basic retail questions, just had to make a basic impression and stand out. How you dress is a huge part of it!

Interview Question – How to deal with stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Brea, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I was shopping at the store when I noticed they were having a hiring event (basically a manager at a fold up table in the front of the store with applications). I filled out an application and she asked me a couple questions about my previous work experience. I got a call later that day to come into the store for a group interview. There were about six of us in a circle going around answering the manager's questions (nothing tricky). Everyone in my group got the job (except one girl who was late). Dress cute and smile.

Interview Question – How important is customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2011.

Interview Details – This particular location does mainly group interviews from what I understand. I was in a group interview the first time, and when I got a call back for a second interview, it was also a group interview. I believe they mainly look for style and how in-the-know of current trends you are. I don't think it matters how bad you are at the job, basically.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where you think a customer stole something?   View Answer

Beverly Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 2 interviews. The first interview was an open casting interview where you filled an application out and they interviewed you on the spot. I received a call the next day to come back a week later to do the second interview. The second interview was a group interview where about 15 people had to pretend that they were sales associates at Forever 21 and help customers. They wanted to see how employees would react to working on the spot. I passed the second interview and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – What do you expect from the employees of the company?   Answer Question

Newport Beach, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – They were having open interviews so I just showed up. Asked a couple basic interview questions (availability, dealing with customers, why forever 21 etc.). I heard back from them a couple days later and was hired!

Interview Question – Why Forever 21?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Minimum wage.

Mission Viejo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2013.

Interview Details – Well first they have a group interview and stand outside of the store and the manager asks everyone to introduce themselves and why should we hire you and what do you know about retail and how can you contribute to our company.

Interview Question – Well since I'm a guy they asked me how can you contribute since you may not know much about girl clothing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me if I wanted the job and I said, yes of course!

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied in person, and upon returning my application, that very same day, was scheduled to interview for the following afternoon. I was told to "dress to impress" meaning be very fashionable and look good, and bring lots of energy to the interview. Upon my arrival the following afternoon, there were about two or three others waiting to be interviewed. I was first interviewed by the Recruiting Manager, then by the Assistant Store manager. They were already interested off the bat. I received a telephone call offering me the position only a couple hours after the interview.

Interview Question – Didn't find any of the questions difficult or over the top, but maybe that's because I am seasoned at working retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since me and only one other person were at the Orientation, we had a chance to negotiate our starting pay. The recruiting manager suggested to us that based on our experience, the other guy hired was also highly qualified, that we should negotiate our rate instead of settling for the standard beginning pay. Anyway, we were successful at negotiating our salaries and i managed to get the salary I asked for.

Torrance, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – i went in for an open interview and it was a interview with 5 other people. The manager only asked us one question, What type of animal would you be and why? After that she said she would call in a week if you qualified for a second interview.

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was super easy. They did not ask a lot of questions about your resume (resumes are optional), but more questions on behavorial.

Interview Question – The most difficult question: How would you convince someone to purchase the nail polish?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forever 21 Sales Associate interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forever 21 employees and interview candidates.