Forever 21 Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Forever 21.

Applied online (through Careerbuilder), and got a phone call from F21 HR. Had a brief phone interview, and after several e-mails back and forth, had an an in-person interview scheduled at their corporate HQ in Los Angeles. Very cool modern building. Met with the hiring manager and assistant controller. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary for this interview. Just your general behavioral based.

Several days later, I received a call from HR saying they wanted to schedule a 2nd round interview and they would be in touch in the coming days with scheduling information. Several days go by, a week goes by....I send a few follow-up e-mails, and leave several voicemails and nothing. I assume the position was filled, but I felt it would have been common courtesy to let me know of such.

Two months later, I receive a call from F21 HR saying they'd like to invite me back to interview for the same Sr. Financial Analyst position. Still, being in the job market, I was glad to get the interview. This interview was with the Controller (the level-up manager). Interview was more of conversation, that question/answer interview style, which I really appreciated, because I think that's the best way to get to know a candidate. Several days later I received an offer.

I felt the offer was not very competitive with the market ("stale" base salary and benefits weren't great, though they did have an attractive bonus structure (though that would only fully kick in after a year of service)), and communicated that as such to human resources. The recruiter I was working with was very taken aback, as if I was speaking Chinese. Even so, she promised to go back to the hiring manager and see what she can do. Several days go by, and nothing. Several more, and nada. I find this (and the whole interview process) very unprofessional, and really reflects poorly on Forever 21. From what I read, I think working here could be a cool experience. Sounded like a lot of growth potential. Subsidized lunches were a big plus. 8:30am - 6:30pm working hours was not very attractive. Where's the work/life balance??

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Forever 21?   View Answer

I tried to negotiate, but never received a response from human resources. One of the big negatives for me was the 10 hour working days. Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with working late when it is warranted on occasion, but I don't see the need to establish a 10-hour/day expectation.

The bonus structure was attractive (3 potential bonus payments during the year, each up to 15%), however the base salary offer was just not there for me. Also, health care costs were significantly higher than I had expected, and there is no 401k matching.

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!