Forever 21

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – no real process; dictated by DM/RM
DM must be able to convince RM of appropriateness of hire/pay

Interview Question – everything very by the book, typical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Very Difficult Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was sent an e mail by Kawika the Hawaii DM for a Store Manager interview asking if I can come in the next day. I am a store manager I cant just "take a day off" I replied saying I could make it on Thursday sadly I needed to work. She never sent as much of a courtesy reply because I couldn't drop everything to come in the next day. Already shows how they treat there managers.

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with DM
Interview with SM
Interview with RM

Interview Question – Cant remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2010.

Interview Details – Company recruiter called, set up time to do open interviews with a District Manager. From there application process, interview, and waited for 1 wk to hear back only to find out the DM lost my info. Then another week to find out if I had the job, then to start rt away.

Interview Question – One on one interview, talked about store competion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very long and DM said there was only so much he could do, took a pay cut for position.

Chicago, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2009.

Interview Details – Was presented the opportunity to interview with upper management for position. Interviewer was clear, set expectations and did a trial basis. During trial specific goals were set, met and exceeded. Once trial perios was over, was offered position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest opportunities you think you will face moving into this role within the company?   View Answer
  • If your name were on the company marquee, how would you operate this business differently?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – To some degree, but the offer was decent, commensurate with experience, and offer additional benefits to compensate.

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2009.

Interview Details – One of the District Managers from Forever 21 would always come into my current employer and always pass we out a business card and say we always looking for people like you, when my current employer started letting people go I called her up. I was interviewing for a Store Manager posistion and was sent to meet a store manager, that was fine simple, simple questions what is customer service, what is loss prevention, I was called back for a second interview with a visual manager (because that's what my background was in) that went well the focus was all on fashion and the merch. of the store, I was called back again to meet that same District Manager and talk about different jobs, she did not seem to really know what she was talking about one example that sticks out is she was talking about customer service and she said "we have the 3 or 4 C's of customer service" she begain to name them and got one out...so needless to say the questions from her were what you would expect to ask a part time sales person before getting a job. I then had a phone interview with a Regional manager and she asked questions more fitting for the job of a store manager, but the call was at 8pm at night which seems a bit odd. Questions were about managing and about coaching, increasing sales, etc.

Interview Question – What would you say your biggest weakness is?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – They offered me appx. $4500.00 less a year and attempted to entice me with 40 hours at a low wage and 10 hours of overtime, 1. I don't want to work 50 hours, 2. The base pay was so low it was not worth my time. This job seemed better suited for a young kid just starting out.

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2011.

Interview Details – Had me go through 3 interviews only to never hear back from them. On the 2nd interview I had to wait over an hour because they couldnt figure out my interview. And the 3rd was done by an assistant manager who seem disgruntled and uninterested in the interview. waste of my time. Glad i didnt get it because a better offer came the next month. One that didnt involve mandatory monday meetings at 7am and 2am closes :)

Interview Question – Why I wanted to work there?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forever 21 Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forever 21 employees and interview candidates.