Forever 21 Store Manager Interview Questions

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

First interviewed with District Manager then waited for a few weeks until the Regional Manager flew out to interview me and I was informed I had the Job within the same week.

Interview Questions

• Can tell me what is projected to be the popular fashion styles this season? What are the names of the pieces and what are the popular colors this season?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I either took what they offered or didn't accept the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

no real process; dictated by DM/RM
    DM must be able to convince RM of appropriateness of hire/pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Process is Long and you have to willing to drive hours to meet up with the District Manager. Then once you meet up for the interview, you go have a background check then you wait hoping to hear back from the DM.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to talk about your strengths and experience with a retail enviroment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 (Honolulu, HI) in July 2013.

Interview

I was sent an e mail by Kawika the Hawaii DM for a Store Manager interview asking if I can come in the next day. I am a store manager I cant just "take a day off" I replied saying I could make it on Thursday sadly I needed to work. She never sent as much of a courtesy reply because I couldn't drop everything to come in the next day. Already shows how they treat there managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 (Denver, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview with DM
    Interview with SM
    Interview with RM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Company recruiter called, set up time to do open interviews with a District Manager. From there application process, interview, and waited for 1 wk to hear back only to find out the DM lost my info. Then another week to find out if I had the job, then to start rt away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very long and DM said there was only so much he could do, took a pay cut for position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Forever 21 (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Was presented the opportunity to interview with upper management for position. Interviewer was clear, set expectations and did a trial basis. During trial specific goals were set, met and exceeded. Once trial perios was over, was offered position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest opportunities you think you will face moving into this role within the company?   1 Answer
    • If your name were on the company marquee, how would you operate this business differently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

To some degree, but the offer was decent, commensurate with experience, and offer additional benefits to compensate.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 (Detroit, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

One of the District Managers from Forever 21 would always come into my current employer and always pass we out a business card and say we always looking for people like you, when my current employer started letting people go I called her up. I was interviewing for a Store Manager posistion and was sent to meet a store manager, that was fine simple, simple questions what is customer service, what is loss prevention, I was called back for a second interview with a visual manager (because that's what my background was in) that went well the focus was all on fashion and the merch. of the store, I was called back again to meet that same District Manager and talk about different jobs, she did not seem to really know what she was talking about one example that sticks out is she was talking about customer service and she said "we have the 3 or 4 C's of customer service" she begain to name them and got one out...so needless to say the questions from her were what you would expect to ask a part time sales person before getting a job. I then had a phone interview with a Regional manager and she asked questions more fitting for the job of a store manager, but the call was at 8pm at night which seems a bit odd. Questions were about managing and about coaching, increasing sales, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your biggest weakness is?   3 Answers

They offered me appx. $4500.00 less a year and attempted to entice me with 40 hours at a low wage and 10 hours of overtime, 1. I don't want to work 50 hours, 2. The base pay was so low it was not worth my time. This job seemed better suited for a young kid just starting out.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in July 2011.

Interview

Had me go through 3 interviews only to never hear back from them. On the 2nd interview I had to wait over an hour because they couldnt figure out my interview. And the 3rd was done by an assistant manager who seem disgruntled and uninterested in the interview. waste of my time. Glad i didnt get it because a better offer came the next month. One that didnt involve mandatory monday meetings at 7am and 2am closes :)

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   1 Answer