Forever 21 Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.5

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about a month from first interview to hiring. I applied online during Janurary, which was not the smartest since they are on a hiring freeze during Jan and Feb. The hiring manager finally reached out and called to set up and in-person interview. The interview was with the store manager, who had just started with the company a few months prior. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

I applied from an online job search engine. My interview was a group interview with one other applicant. The interview was really short and she didn't ask many questions. She asked us to tell her about ourselves, and basic questions like our favorite designers.

Interview Questions

• We were given a 10 minutes limit to put together 3 outfits in the store   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

Interview

It take about 2 weeks. Finally, a visual manager got in contact with me to set up a interview with her and her field visual manager. The interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What's the latest fashion trends?   1 Answer

Wasn't willing to give me what I want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

There was an open interview thing going on . It was very very simple . Why do you want to work here , what makes you a good fit etc etc . Nothing too crazy . There was a small group of us in the fitting room . It honestly felt like a conversation .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Well i was offered whar i asked for , so this phase was easy . Im quite sure if you have the credentials you can ask for more .

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Interviewed with the Visual Manager and the Store Manager. Interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. Interview was pretty laid back. Asked questions regarding fashion trends, how you would train your associates to adhere to visual standards. Conducted an activity where you had to go throughout the store to create "looks".

Interview Questions

• What are the current trends you are seeing in the market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Orange, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Saw an open call for a job fair for their store. When I arrived I was one of many who showed up for the open call. They had us stand in line in the hot sun and were to wait until it was our turn to be interviewed. I was dressed in a professional manor and was surprised to find most of the other candidates were in jeans???? When it was my turn to interview, I was sat at a table with another interviewee but we were being interviewed individually by our own interviewer. The questions were basic and the interview lasted only 5 minutes because they were trying to get through the line. This type of interview is hard because they cannot go into depth to see if you'd be a likely candidate for the position. I think the interviewers main concern was that I was unsure of my availability because I have another job. I told her that if I was to be hired for the Visual position I would quit my current job.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question such as name 5 of your best qualities   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

i had two interview both were pretty unprofessional - first interview was with 2 others and was interviewed on the sales floor (can be distracting) then asked to put an outfit together. The person that interviewed us was fairly new to the senior role which showed through the interview process. 2nd interview was held in the changing room with stock everywhere and people sorting out stock, was asked very basic questions and then asked to put three outfits together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The whole entire process took 4 weeks; however i applied at the first location for any management job, then another location for visual merchandiser.. twice, and then again for a different management position. For the interview you'll start with building three outfits.. mine were a going out, work, and a must have. You'll then either pass or fail that first task, then next you'll answer actual "sit-down" interview questions. After that, they asked me to design a table based on merchandise they provided. That was for the visual merchandiser position, the assistant manager interview was much much harder.

Interview Questions

• What was the most constructive piece of criticism a former boss or current boss ever gave or has given you? Explain why, and if you agreed or disagreed with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me 12$ an hour, however i also had 2 years of visual experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Houston, TX).

Interview

Sit-down interview. Looked at my references, asked me about my experience. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got the pay I wanted after initially not accepting.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

Interview

Conversational interview. Very laid back and allowed for descriptions about yourself and your style of management. Questions were easy to answer. Overall a positive interview experience. Other positions required group panels.