Forever 21

Getting the Interview

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions but you are asked about your knowledge of current fashion trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer that was compatible with my experience.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Sit-down interview. Looked at my references, asked me about my experience. Very straight forward.

Interview Question – none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got the pay I wanted after initially not accepting.

Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was tipped off to the position opening by a friend & stopped in to ask for an application. The store manager, after some light questioning, told me to come in the next day when the Visual Manager was in. I did just that, and brought my resume with me. The Visual Manager and I chatted casually about my availability and past experience then she set up an in-depth interview for the next week. During that interview, I was asked all the basic questions: Why do you want to work for F21? What do you have to offer the company? Who are your favorite designers? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then, she had me choose three outfits: a contemporary look for the working 30 year old woman, a fashion forward look, and a look that best described my personal style. I was told they were still in the process of interviewing and would get back to me. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Question – What are 2 strengths/2 weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Can't complain with full-time + benefits.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in early January 2013 and did not receive a call until mid march 2013. I was called and asked to come in for a face to face interview with the visual manager and field visual merchandiser. The Interview lasted for about 30 minutes and then I was asked by the field visual if I would be comfortable merchandising a 4 way fixture, I agreed and passed the test.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect of the interview was probably merchandising a fixture according to their standards, which an applicant would not be familiar with.   View Answer

Interviewed at Forever 21

Interview Details – The interview was very much by the book guide
Lines , no surprise questions . a proper formal introduction was made by the managers and asked about last work experience . they however were not concerned on the academic particulars .

Interview Question – How did you handle difficult customers ?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application form online and received a call from the Field Manager the very next morning. He was very pleased with my résumé and fixed up an appointment for 2 days later. Since I wasn't in town, I called him back to reschedule the appointment, which he readily did. He gave me accurate directions down to which form of public transport to use at which stops/ stations. Once I arrived he made me feel welcome with a nice comment on my attire and then we spoke for a half hour or so on my qualifications and experience. After that I had a detailed floor walk and a 40 minute "pick 3 complete ensembles" activity which all Forever 21 interviewees go through. He then walked me to the door and said I'd hear from him soon.

Interview Question – What would you like to change about yourself?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2010.

Interview Details – Casual Questions and a walkthrough of the store.

Interview Question – Sometimes you may be asked to pull certain outfits throughout the store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much back and forth. They are always looking to save money when it comes to salary, but if you have the experience and knowledge then feel free to negotiate a little.

Visual Merchandiser

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of everyone going into a huge empty room in the nearby mall (the store had not yet opened) and doing an interview in front of everyone. People were not dressed like they were going to an interview; I understand it's a fashion job but I dressed fashion forward while still being a little conservative. I saw people wearing shorts and fishnet stockings and that's definitely not okay. The actual interview didn't consist of many questions at all; it was very short and I think that was just because I had retail experience already.

Interview Question – They asked me what my favorite stores were.   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was contacted by phone a week later. The interview process consists of creating 3 outfits based on a certain theme given by the visual manager. Then, the manager just asks the standard interview questions based on your experience, can you work certain days/times, etc. Overall, a pretty standard interview.

Interview Question – What can you offer to this company?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, then stopped in the store a few days later to inquire about the position. Was told they never received my application, but after asking about my past employment experience, set up an interview anyway. I came back a few days later for the interview. I arrived a few minutes early, and was then told to wait 10-15 minutes after my interview was scheduled to start. Interview was casual, but slightly awkward as it was held outside the store on a bench. Overall process was normal- plenty of questions about inspiration, strengths, weaknesses, style, why I wanted to work there, etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary. The two managers who interviewed me came off as slightly intimidating, but turned out to be pretty nice during the process. Definitely show your personal style- look nice, but don't dress too stuffy or business professional.

Interview Question – What is your least favorite part of visual merchandising? (I found this difficult to answer without sounding negative, especially because I love merchandising.)   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forever 21

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forever 21 Visual Merchandiser interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forever 21 employees and interview candidates.