Forever 21

Average Difficulty
46 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orange, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2014.

Interview Details – Saw an open call for a job fair for their store. When I arrived I was one of many who showed up for the open call. They had us stand in line in the hot sun and were to wait until it was our turn to be interviewed. I was dressed in a professional manor and was surprised to find most of the other candidates were in jeans???? When it was my turn to interview, I was sat at a table with another interviewee but we were being interviewed individually by our own interviewer. The questions were basic and the interview lasted only 5 minutes because they were trying to get through the line. This type of interview is hard because they cannot go into depth to see if you'd be a likely candidate for the position. I think the interviewers main concern was that I was unsure of my availability because I have another job. I told her that if I was to be hired for the Visual position I would quit my current job.

Interview Question – Basic interview question such as name 5 of your best qualities   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2014.

Interview Details – The whole entire process took 4 weeks; however i applied at the first location for any management job, then another location for visual merchandiser.. twice, and then again for a different management position. For the interview you'll start with building three outfits.. mine were a going out, work, and a must have. You'll then either pass or fail that first task, then next you'll answer actual "sit-down" interview questions. After that, they asked me to design a table based on merchandise they provided. That was for the visual merchandiser position, the assistant manager interview was much much harder.

Interview Question – What was the most constructive piece of criticism a former boss or current boss ever gave or has given you? Explain why, and if you agreed or disagreed with it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me 12$ an hour, however i also had 2 years of visual experience.

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2013.

Interview Details – I noticed the job posting on the Forever 21 website, so I applied and got a call back about a week later for an interview. I was interviewed by an assistant manager as well as the visual manager. I felt very comfortable in the interview, like I was having a conversation with friends. They are very interested in hiring trend-savvy individuals, so they asked me, "What fashion blogs do you follow?"; "Who are your celebrity style icons?"; and "What is a current fashion trend that you're loving?" They then took me on a tour of the store, and had me pick out a few outfits. In one section of the store, the manager asked me to critique the wall display and asked me what I would add to it (that was probably the most unexpected question for me!). I left thinking the interview went really well. A week later, they called me and offered me the job.

Interview Question – "Critique this wall display. What would you have done differently, or what could be added to make it a more effective display?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I originally asked for $12. When they told me that they normally start visual merchandisers out at $10, I asked for $10.50. The store manager had to check with her district manager, and she approved me for $10.50.

Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and got a phone call for an in person interview with the store manager. The interview was very relaxed and easy going like a conversation with a friend. I was then scheduled a second phone interview with the district visual manager. The store manager prepped me for the types of questions the district visual manager might ask and assured me I would do great. The phone interview was a little more intense but went very well. My main advice is to relax and be yourself. Yes, definitely highlight your successes and talents, but don't let that hold you back from showing your personality! Management wants to get a taste of who they will be working with and how compatible you will be with co-workers.

Interview Question – What trend I would like to see come back and why. I was so wrapped up in the business I was pleasantly surprised with a question about my own interests and opinions.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – i had two interview both were pretty unprofessional - first interview was with 2 others and was interviewed on the sales floor (can be distracting) then asked to put an outfit together. The person that interviewed us was fairly new to the senior role which showed through the interview process. 2nd interview was held in the changing room with stock everywhere and people sorting out stock, was asked very basic questions and then asked to put three outfits together.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions but you are asked about your knowledge of current fashion trends.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer that was compatible with my experience.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – Sit-down interview. Looked at my references, asked me about my experience. Very straight forward.

Interview Question – none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got the pay I wanted after initially not accepting.

Very Easy Interview

Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was tipped off to the position opening by a friend & stopped in to ask for an application. The store manager, after some light questioning, told me to come in the next day when the Visual Manager was in. I did just that, and brought my resume with me. The Visual Manager and I chatted casually about my availability and past experience then she set up an in-depth interview for the next week. During that interview, I was asked all the basic questions: Why do you want to work for F21? What do you have to offer the company? Who are your favorite designers? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then, she had me choose three outfits: a contemporary look for the working 30 year old woman, a fashion forward look, and a look that best described my personal style. I was told they were still in the process of interviewing and would get back to me. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Question – What are 2 strengths/2 weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Can't complain with full-time + benefits.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in early January 2013 and did not receive a call until mid march 2013. I was called and asked to come in for a face to face interview with the visual manager and field visual merchandiser. The Interview lasted for about 30 minutes and then I was asked by the field visual if I would be comfortable merchandising a 4 way fixture, I agreed and passed the test.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect of the interview was probably merchandising a fixture according to their standards, which an applicant would not be familiar with.   View Answer

Interviewed at Forever 21

Interview Details – The interview was very much by the book guide
Lines , no surprise questions . a proper formal introduction was made by the managers and asked about last work experience . they however were not concerned on the academic particulars .

Interview Question – How did you handle difficult customers ?   Answer Question

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!