Forever 21

44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2010.

Interview Details – Casual Questions and a walkthrough of the store.

Interview Question – Sometimes you may be asked to pull certain outfits throughout the store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much back and forth. They are always looking to save money when it comes to salary, but if you have the experience and knowledge then feel free to negotiate a little.

Very Easy Interview

Visual Merchandiser

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of everyone going into a huge empty room in the nearby mall (the store had not yet opened) and doing an interview in front of everyone. People were not dressed like they were going to an interview; I understand it's a fashion job but I dressed fashion forward while still being a little conservative. I saw people wearing shorts and fishnet stockings and that's definitely not okay. The actual interview didn't consist of many questions at all; it was very short and I think that was just because I had retail experience already.

Interview Question – They asked me what my favorite stores were.   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was contacted by phone a week later. The interview process consists of creating 3 outfits based on a certain theme given by the visual manager. Then, the manager just asks the standard interview questions based on your experience, can you work certain days/times, etc. Overall, a pretty standard interview.

Interview Question – What can you offer to this company?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, then stopped in the store a few days later to inquire about the position. Was told they never received my application, but after asking about my past employment experience, set up an interview anyway. I came back a few days later for the interview. I arrived a few minutes early, and was then told to wait 10-15 minutes after my interview was scheduled to start. Interview was casual, but slightly awkward as it was held outside the store on a bench. Overall process was normal- plenty of questions about inspiration, strengths, weaknesses, style, why I wanted to work there, etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary. The two managers who interviewed me came off as slightly intimidating, but turned out to be pretty nice during the process. Definitely show your personal style- look nice, but don't dress too stuffy or business professional.

Interview Question – What is your least favorite part of visual merchandising? (I found this difficult to answer without sounding negative, especially because I love merchandising.)   View Answer

Interviewed at Forever 21

Interview Details – I had an interview and it went GREAT! she told me she defiantly wanted to meet again, and i never heard from her after that day. Didn't answer any e mails or calls. extremely unprofessional.

Interview Question – Very simple interview. Was asked to pick out 3 outfits in 15 min to fit some different cities.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser

I applied online and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – The process consisted of three interviews.
First interview, were typically work related questions, putting outfits together by color story, a second outfit targeting a particular customer. Questions such as how do you stay ontop of fashion? What blogs do you follow?
Second interview consisted of the field visual manager asking questions regarding your past experiences and the current positions. Why should we hire you? What can you bring to F21?
The third Interview was with the Store Manager of F21 asking questions such as where have you done fashion internships? How well do you think your fashion internships has helped you?

Interview Question – On the color story you cannot have two neutral colors. Pretty much, mix matching prints and knowing color theory can help.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They try to bring your wage down, regardless I was able to negotiate taking into consideration that I have a Visual Merchandising AA and BA in fine art.

Visual Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I had 3 different interviews, each one at a different store. Each one I had to pull together looks. They give you 15 min to get 3 outfits together, including accessories. And they ask you typical interview questions. First interview was a panel, second was one on one, and third one was one on one. And after your presentation they make you put everything away exactly where you found it!

Interview Question – Having to physically run around the store getting outfits together under a stopwatch   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from the district manager. interviewed 2 weeks later with district manager and field visual manager. during interview-- talked about my experience and they asked a couple of common interview questions. then went out to the floor and was asked to create 2 head-to-toe looks to get an idea for personal styling. then field visual manager asked me to take a look at a section of the store and tell her 2 things that could be improved.

Interview Question – Tell me 2 things on the floor, visually, that can be improved on   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not negotiable. but you should definitely put 2-3$ more than your ideal hourly pay on the application. For example, if you want $15, put $17

Memphis, TN

I interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2009.

Interview Details – I applied in the store and spoke to the manager who told me they were hiring a Visual Merchandiser. He briefly asked me a few questions, then called me back for a longer interview where I was asked to put two different looks together. I then had an interview with two senior hiring managers who asked me questions like "What's a current trend that you love?"

Interview Question – Are you willing to work overnight shifts?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details – I was promoted through the company so i started as a sales associate then i made my way to visual

Interview Question – Not difficult at all.   Answer Question