Forever 21

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.6

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visual Merchandiser Interview

The interview was very much by the book guide
Lines , no surprise questions . a proper formal introduction was made by the managers and asked about last work experience . they however were not concerned on the academic particulars .

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in August 2013.

I filled out an application form online and received a call from the Field Manager the very next morning. He was very pleased with my résumé and fixed up an appointment for 2 days later. Since I wasn't in town, I called him back to reschedule the appointment, which he readily did. He gave me accurate directions down to which form of public transport to use at which stops/ stations. Once I arrived he made me feel welcome with a nice comment on my attire and then we spoke for a half hour or so on my qualifications and experience. After that I had a detailed floor walk and a 40 minute "pick 3 complete ensembles" activity which all Forever 21 interviewees go through. He then walked me to the door and said I'd hear from him soon.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to change about yourself?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in May 2013.

I applied on-line and got a phone call for an in person interview with the store manager. The interview was very relaxed and easy going like a conversation with a friend. I was then scheduled a second phone interview with the district visual manager. The store manager prepped me for the types of questions the district visual manager might ask and assured me I would do great. The phone interview was a little more intense but went very well. My main advice is to relax and be yourself. Yes, definitely highlight your successes and talents, but don't let that hold you back from showing your personality! Management wants to get a taste of who they will be working with and how compatible you will be with co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • What trend I would like to see come back and why. I was so wrapped up in the business I was pleasantly surprised with a question about my own interests and opinions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forever 21 in March 2013.

Applied in early January 2013 and did not receive a call until mid march 2013. I was called and asked to come in for a face to face interview with the visual manager and field visual merchandiser. The Interview lasted for about 30 minutes and then I was asked by the field visual if I would be comfortable merchandising a 4 way fixture, I agreed and passed the test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect of the interview was probably merchandising a fixture according to their standards, which an applicant would not be familiar with.   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I had an interview and it went GREAT! she told me she defiantly wanted to meet again, and i never heard from her after that day. Didn't answer any e mails or calls. extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple interview. Was asked to pick out 3 outfits in 15 min to fit some different cities.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

The process consisted of three interviews.
    First interview, were typically work related questions, putting outfits together by color story, a second outfit targeting a particular customer. Questions such as how do you stay ontop of fashion? What blogs do you follow?
    Second interview consisted of the field visual manager asking questions regarding your past experiences and the current positions. Why should we hire you? What can you bring to F21?
    The third Interview was with the Store Manager of F21 asking questions such as where have you done fashion internships? How well do you think your fashion internships has helped you?

Interview Questions
    • On the color story you cannot have two neutral colors. Pretty much, mix matching prints and knowing color theory can help.   Answer Question
    They try to bring your wage down, regardless I was able to negotiate taking into consideration that I have a Visual Merchandising AA and BA in fine art.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

Applied online, then stopped in the store a few days later to inquire about the position. Was told they never received my application, but after asking about my past employment experience, set up an interview anyway. I came back a few days later for the interview. I arrived a few minutes early, and was then told to wait 10-15 minutes after my interview was scheduled to start. Interview was casual, but slightly awkward as it was held outside the store on a bench. Overall process was normal- plenty of questions about inspiration, strengths, weaknesses, style, why I wanted to work there, etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary. The two managers who interviewed me came off as slightly intimidating, but turned out to be pretty nice during the process. Definitely show your personal style- look nice, but don't dress too stuffy or business professional.

Interview Questions
    • What is your least favorite part of visual merchandising? (I found this difficult to answer without sounding negative, especially because I love merchandising.)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21 in February 2013.

Applied online, and was contacted by phone a week later. The interview process consists of creating 3 outfits based on a certain theme given by the visual manager. Then, the manager just asks the standard interview questions based on your experience, can you work certain days/times, etc. Overall, a pretty standard interview.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

I had 3 different interviews, each one at a different store. Each one I had to pull together looks. They give you 15 min to get 3 outfits together, including accessories. And they ask you typical interview questions. First interview was a panel, second was one on one, and third one was one on one. And after your presentation they make you put everything away exactly where you found it!

Interview Questions
    • Having to physically run around the store getting outfits together under a stopwatch   Answer Question
    None

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21 in November 2012.

I was referred to the District Visual Manager by a friend who was also a former employee. The interview was a three part process, and interview with the store manager, the visual manager, and the district visual manager. The interviews with the store manager and visual manager were pretty much one in the same, they both asked questions about experience and background. The interview with the District Visual Manager was the harder interview, she asked questions about my background and experience and I really had to go into detail. With her I also had to put together outfits representing certain girls. Once I pulled outfits she critique them, basically she stated that I didn't do enough accessories, which is what the Forever 21 girl is all about. The only thing I found inconvenient was the fact that I had to interview with all three managers, three different days and the interview with the district manager was in a location in a different city from me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, if you like merchandising and love fashion you will easily ace this interview.   Answer Question
    Ask for the salary you want! I was able to negotiate.