Forever 21

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Visual Merchandising Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was with the Field Merchandising Manager and after some of the typical interview questions, she have me 20 min to run around the store and pick 2 looks for the Olsen twins for a holiday party. It went well and she said she would contact me in a week to schedule an interview with the District Manager. She did contact me in a week, but the interview was with a Store Manager and Visual Manager of the store I would take over. It was a little uncomfortable with 2 sets of eyes looking at you and questioning you, but the questions were about the same as the first interview. This time, they gave me 20 min to pull 5 looks, not taking into consideration how huge the store was and me not knowing where all their merchandise is, but I managed to do it. They disagreed with what my "celebrity male" would dress like and even though I wanted to argue back how they were wrong, I didn't say anything. After about 2 wks, I emailed the Field Merchandiser just to touch base with the interviews and let them know I was still interested if they haven't found someone to fill the position yet. Got a call the next day and was offered the job, however, I was going to start off as a regular merchandiser first and only "IF" a Visual Manager position became available at a store would I "MAYBE" get it. Well...that wasn't the position I applied for!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered me a position I did not apply for.

Visual Merchandiser Manager Interview

Visual Merchandiser Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2010.

Interview Details – I dropped off an application and resume at the location of my choice on a Wednesday. After talking to the store manager and store District Manager they said based on my qualifications and intense visual merchandising background they would forward my resume along to the Field Visual Merchandiser in their district and I would get a call from her. She was in contact with me the following week and we scheduled an interview for the following week. (2 weeks from the original date I dropped off my application). The interview took place at a different location then the one I applied for, about a 30 min drive. I was interviewed by the Field visual merchandiser and the visual merchandiser manager of that store location. They asked me a series of questions such as: Why do you want to work at Forever 21? Tell me about yourself? Tell me about your pervious jobs and what you did there? Tell me some of the latest fashion trends? Tell me about your favorite designer and what they are doing lately? Tell me how you keep up to date with the latest fashion trends? Tell me the responsibilites youve had as a visual merchandise manager in the past? After that I was asked to pull 3 different looks inside the store pertaining to 3 different situations. I pulled the 3 looks complete with shoes and accessories and explained my selections. After that I was asked a few more questions, told about the store, the responsibilites, what would be asked of me, etc. I was told I would be called within a week.

Interview Question – Tell me about your favorite designer(s), why they are your favorite and what they are currently doing with fashion?   Answer Question

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!