Forever 21

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.6

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied from an online job search engine. My interview was a group interview with one other applicant. The interview was really short and she didn't ask many questions. She asked us to tell her about ourselves, and basic questions like our favorite designers.

Interview Questions
  • We were given a 10 minutes limit to put together 3 outfits in the store   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

It take about 2 weeks. Finally, a visual manager got in contact with me to set up a interview with her and her field visual manager. The interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Wasn't willing to give me what I want.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

Interviewed with the Visual Manager and the Store Manager. Interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. Interview was pretty laid back. Asked questions regarding fashion trends, how you would train your associates to adhere to visual standards. Conducted an activity where you had to go throughout the store to create "looks".

Interview Questions
    • What are the current trends you are seeing in the market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21 in June 2014.

Saw an open call for a job fair for their store. When I arrived I was one of many who showed up for the open call. They had us stand in line in the hot sun and were to wait until it was our turn to be interviewed. I was dressed in a professional manor and was surprised to find most of the other candidates were in jeans???? When it was my turn to interview, I was sat at a table with another interviewee but we were being interviewed individually by our own interviewer. The questions were basic and the interview lasted only 5 minutes because they were trying to get through the line. This type of interview is hard because they cannot go into depth to see if you'd be a likely candidate for the position. I think the interviewers main concern was that I was unsure of my availability because I have another job. I told her that if I was to be hired for the Visual position I would quit my current job.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview question such as name 5 of your best qualities   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

i had two interview both were pretty unprofessional - first interview was with 2 others and was interviewed on the sales floor (can be distracting) then asked to put an outfit together. The person that interviewed us was fairly new to the senior role which showed through the interview process. 2nd interview was held in the changing room with stock everywhere and people sorting out stock, was asked very basic questions and then asked to put three outfits together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in April 2014.

The whole entire process took 4 weeks; however i applied at the first location for any management job, then another location for visual merchandiser.. twice, and then again for a different management position. For the interview you'll start with building three outfits.. mine were a going out, work, and a must have. You'll then either pass or fail that first task, then next you'll answer actual "sit-down" interview questions. After that, they asked me to design a table based on merchandise they provided. That was for the visual merchandiser position, the assistant manager interview was much much harder.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most constructive piece of criticism a former boss or current boss ever gave or has given you? Explain why, and if you agreed or disagreed with it.   View Answer
    They offered me 12$ an hour, however i also had 2 years of visual experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Sit-down interview. Looked at my references, asked me about my experience. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    Got the pay I wanted after initially not accepting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in November 2013.

I noticed the job posting on the Forever 21 website, so I applied and got a call back about a week later for an interview. I was interviewed by an assistant manager as well as the visual manager. I felt very comfortable in the interview, like I was having a conversation with friends. They are very interested in hiring trend-savvy individuals, so they asked me, "What fashion blogs do you follow?"; "Who are your celebrity style icons?"; and "What is a current fashion trend that you're loving?" They then took me on a tour of the store, and had me pick out a few outfits. In one section of the store, the manager asked me to critique the wall display and asked me what I would add to it (that was probably the most unexpected question for me!). I left thinking the interview went really well. A week later, they called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Critique this wall display. What would you have done differently, or what could be added to make it a more effective display?"   Answer Question
    I originally asked for $12. When they told me that they normally start visual merchandisers out at $10, I asked for $10.50. The store manager had to check with her district manager, and she approved me for $10.50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

I was tipped off to the position opening by a friend & stopped in to ask for an application. The store manager, after some light questioning, told me to come in the next day when the Visual Manager was in. I did just that, and brought my resume with me. The Visual Manager and I chatted casually about my availability and past experience then she set up an in-depth interview for the next week. During that interview, I was asked all the basic questions: Why do you want to work for F21? What do you have to offer the company? Who are your favorite designers? What are your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then, she had me choose three outfits: a contemporary look for the working 30 year old woman, a fashion forward look, and a look that best described my personal style. I was told they were still in the process of interviewing and would get back to me. I received the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    Can't complain with full-time + benefits.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in September 2013.

I was contacted the day after applying for the position and had an interview with the store manager. The interview was followed by an interview with the Visual Merchandising Manager at the store where I pulled three looks and she walked me through the store. A week later I was told there wasn't actually a full-time position available (even though that was what the job posting was for), but if I wanted to work at another store there would be a position. I then interviewed with a manager at the other store. Then they said they would set me up with the Field Visual Manager for an interview with her as well. After interviewing with her I then had another interview with the Visual Manager at the second store. After that interview he said he had to set me up with the Field Visual Manager for an interview, but I mentioned I had already spoke to her. The FVM gave the go ahead but the store manager at the second store wanted to interview me as well. If you're keeping track this is a total of six interviews for this crappy company that can't even bother to communicate across stores. It took about a month in total to be hired on when it should have taken maybe a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult, most of these people interviewing me were lucky enough to have some college experience let along finish high school   Answer Question