Forever 21 XXI Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2014.

I went in during a job fair and the interview process was fairly quick. I was in and out within 30 minutes. I grabbed an application and filled it out. I sat down at a table where a manager was seated and he interviewed me. He asked about my hobbies, my previous experience, why did i choose them, my strengths and weaknesses. He took notes. Be sure to dress trendy but professionally and smile a lot, they definitely make notes of that. This was on a Saturday and they called me for a second interview on Monday and told me to bring direct deposit info and a id. The second interview took long because they interviewer needed to come back from break. They called us one by one and the interview was really short and easy. Afterwards she asked if i brought the necessary documents and once I said yes she said I was hired and wanted me to stay for the orientation. I stayed and orientation took about 2 hours!

Interview Questions
No negotiation. the pay was already set. If they give an opportunity to negotiate, TAKE IT.

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

XXI Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

I have retail experience so I was offered an interview right away, especially with having OPEN availability, they always look for people with open availability. the interview processs is pretty easy and all the questions are too. like why do you want to work here...whats your strengths.. why should we hire you...
    Dress to impress! and youll know you get the job if they set you up with a second interview.

nope, minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

Conversation was friendly, and very relaxed. They asked to see my fashion knowledge by asking to prepare an outfit for a scenario.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to get out of working here?   View Answer

XXI Sales Associate Interview

interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2013.

The interviewing process was done by group interview. There were around 5 other girls interviewing at the time. We were taken by the manager and an assistant manager to the mall's food court to conduct the interview, I suppose because there's really no backroom at Forever 21. We were given an availability sheet and asked to fill out the hours we could work. We were also informed that as part of our agreement with the company, we were not allowed to work at any other company that sold women's apparel.

For the interview itself, we were asked a question and then answered in a round robin fashion. The managers took notes on the backs of our availability sheets. The questions I can recall are: How would you react/deal with witnessing another employee stealing from the company? what is a popular spring trend? what motivates us? We were asked for questions at the end before we all left.

I received a call a day or two later. I was told what my starting salary would be. I tried to negotiate but the offer was firm. I accepted the offer, but declined a few days later when I received a better offer from another employer.

Received a better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Smyrna, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2012.

The interview was just like the others have described on here. There were about 20 of us interviewed all at once in a corner in the mall! Extremely unprofessional!!! I am surprised they chose me because I didn't feel like I really got a chance to show my personality or skills. They didn't even ask about my skills, it was all about my outfit. (this explains why they have such poor service!)

Very unprofessional and CRAZY hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2011.

Heard about the new store opening and they did open interviews and I literally walk in filled out an application handed in my resume the assistant manager asked me two questions (she didnt even want to do the interview) and said I was hired on the spot. The next day I did my training and the day after I officially started working.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate my salary and I wish I did. Advice to others is to really ask what is your duties on the job because you may want to take that into consideration for how much you get paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2011.

Manager called and asked if I could come in after seeing my application. When I can in he asked why I wanted to work there and asked me t put together an outfit within 5 mins. He ended up loving the outfit and put it on a manican. He told me me would give me a call back in a few days after he finished interviewing the other applicants but he would be sure to put in the good word for me. He call a couple days later but I had to decline.

Interview Questions

I had to move locations immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2010.

After I handed in my application I was called within one hour to sign a consent form for a background check. I was told that once this passed I would be called in for a group interview. They were really good about letting me know when they would contact me every step of the way. When I showed up for the group interview consisting of around 13 or so people we were all asked to stand one at a time and say our names, what position we are applying for and why we wanted to work there. Very easy guestions to answer. It was not personal at all, which is good if you have bad nerves like I do. I do suggest that you dress professional but with good style. After the interview I made sure that I personally approached the interviewer, shook her hand while introducing myself personally and told her more about why I would be good for the job, it obviously helped. I was called back for an easy orientation the next day and worked happily there for several months before I had to leave. The training is good and most managers were pretty easy going. They start you off at a slightly higher pay rate than stores like them.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for the company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2010.

I went to a walk-in interview at forever 21. Wore forever 21 clothes aside from my shoes; a black blazer with a cute pink ruffled shirt underneath with some skinny black work pants and some black flats. The interview itself was not very long. The manager was just reading questions straight from a piece of paper. I was asked a few questions that were situation-based. For example, explain in detail how you handled a bad situation in the workplace. I was hired right on the spot. She gave me the date and time for the orientation and that was that. The work culture is great. I worked there for 8 months and enjoyed working with all my coworkers and for the most part the managers were really nice and funny. The only thing is they don't seem to care how you are doing personally. Also the turn over rate is really high, sometimes the stress is so much that people walk right out of the store and never even come back. But you have to learn to manage the stress; i mean it's a job it's not going to be easy.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit for forever21?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2011.

About a week after turning in my application I got a call back from the store asking to come in the next day for a group interview. For the group interview we had a single interviewer. She asked a question and each of the interviewees answered them one by one. After the interview I left the store, only to be called back about four minutes later to come back at that moment. I then had a second interview with the manager, who told me on the spot that I was hired. Out of the approximate group of 10 interviewees, only 3 of us were called back for a second interview. I'm unsure whether the other 2 got hired as well since I was the first to be interviewed (a second time) and did not stick around since I had other plans that day.

Interview Questions
    • It's a busy day and you've got 3 customers asking for your help, clothes on the rack that need to be put back, and your manager is bugging you. Which task would you do first and why?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!