Forio Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forio

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Forio in November 2013.

I applied to this job on our university's career board. A few days later, their HR called and asked some general questions about my resume. She specifically asked about my experience with JavaScript.

A few days later I got a technical phone interview. The interviewer was one of their senior web developers, who was really nice. We used an online coding board (I forgot the name) for the interview. At first I was asked to write some basic CSS (for example to let a div align horizontally on the page). Then I was asked to solve an algorithm question in JavaScript.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting some JavaScript questions related to DOM manipulation, instead It was a pure algorithm and data structure question: Revert words in a sentence. For example given "hello world", you need to return "world hello". I was so nervous that at I first I reverted the entire sentence character by character. I was able to correct it in the end but obviously he wasn't very satisfied as it eventually took me a long time to solve this problem.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Forio in November 2012.

I got a message on Stack Overflow Careers 2.0, from a woman who worked in their HR department. I looked at the company website and decided it looked pretty cool. Replied to her with my phone number and she told me she would call me tomorrow at a certain time.

Then on the call asked me about what languages I prefered, told her PHP, Javascript, Node.js, LSL, LESS and was a quick learner to pick up any other tools or framework they used. Asked her if she looked at my linked GitHub and she said did. She said it looked like I had skills and liked how I was so young with these skills, was 19 at the time. I also had a video on my resume linked of a social networking site I built and had a decent amount of features.

Then she asked me what college I went to and mentioned that I just graduated high school, and haven't gone to college yet and wanted to just jump into and get real world experience. I were home schooled and in my spare time, I read programming books and did experiments of my own.

After telling her I was self taught, she cut our conversation short, saying they were looking for someone with more formal experience. Then hung up on me, and never heard anything back.

I felt very disappointed, she even admitted to me that I got skills, but just because I didn't have college, I was "trash" I guess.

Interview Questions

Worked for Forio? Contribute to the Community!