Forio

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Forio in November 2012.

I got a message on Stack Overflow Careers 2.0, from a woman who worked in their HR department. I looked at the company website and decided it looked pretty cool. Replied to her with my phone number and she told me she would call me tomorrow at a certain time.

Then on the call asked me about what languages I prefered, told her PHP, Javascript, Node.js, LSL, LESS and was a quick learner to pick up any other tools or framework they used. Asked her if she looked at my linked GitHub and she said did. She said it looked like I had skills and liked how I was so young with these skills, was 19 at the time. I also had a video on my resume linked of a social networking site I built and had a decent amount of features.

Then she asked me what college I went to and mentioned that I just graduated high school, and haven't gone to college yet and wanted to just jump into and get real world experience. I were home schooled and in my spare time, I read programming books and did experiments of my own.

After telling her I was self taught, she cut our conversation short, saying they were looking for someone with more formal experience. Then hung up on me, and never heard anything back.

I felt very disappointed, she even admitted to me that I got skills, but just because I didn't have college, I was "trash" I guess.

Interview Questions