Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A.

www.fpcusa.com
  www.fpcusa.com

Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2014
Updated Jul 12, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A.

Process Engineer Interview

Talk with HR regard as the interview process. Then meet with managers to go over resume. They will ask some technical questions. If you don't know the answer, need to tell them honestly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Point Comfort, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A..

Initial interaction with the HR representative is pretty good; although the HR rep. did withhold information regarding the job position. Actual interview took half a day and consisted of a panel which included the hiring supervisor and some of the department employees. The panel took some time to get to know the interviewer and then proceeds with the company's standard interview protocol of questions.

Afterward, the company's reimbursement for travel is received in a timely fashion. However, the same cannot be said about the company's decision regarding the interview. HR rep. says to allow 2 weeks regarding the decision, but does not respond to e-mail once the 2 weeks has elapsed. Don't expect to hear anything from the HR rep. if the interviewer was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that is non-negotiable?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you did not have everything you needed. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Work is not finished during work hours. Do you attribute that to:

1) Poor time management
      2) Bad prioritization
      3) Too much work to be done

Justify your answer.
        Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A..

Long interview with an exam given at the end.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Lavaca, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Lavaca, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. in February 2011.

Barely minimum. They just want to know you can talk well and your credentials are good.
    In person interview for entry level positions is a formality as long as they like your credentials

Interview Questions
    This starts with a contract employment with Formosa and full time with Testengeer.
    For entry level, they didnt budge from their offer. Unsatisfactory, but thats the same for everyone.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. in August 2010.

It is a tightly connected inter-personal community, which means that it is much easier to get an interview or an offer if you know someone from inside, just like any other companies. Referral could possibly make the interview a "stamp process". A test was given, but a general passing grade is just what is expected. It is hard to say who is the decision maker, it could be the first person during hte interview process, although who may not be the top-positioned person during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Any expreience on Accounting rule such and such? (The question was very technical-oriented.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Point Comfort, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. in May 2010.

I send my resume to the company via internal referral. After one week, I got a phone interview. There were 4 people in the line. One factory manager and 3 other technical people. They ask me to introduce myself, my Ph.D. research. Why do you chose their company? Do you have any idea what their company do? Some behavior questions like what is the most difficult part of your Ph.D.? What is your weakness? Some technical questions related to my research. Also let me ask questions about the company and the job. Very nice feedback I got from them.

Product Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A..

This is a tight knit company and it will greatly benefit you if you’re referred by an employee. HR will walk you through company culture first. Feel free to ask them anything, they are very helpful. The department in which you are applying for will come in after. It’s up to them on how many will come in and whether there will only be 1 or 2 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question based upon simple math. Formula is provided   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A..

Hiring process very slow. 1 interview and only toke about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. in March 2011.

I was interviewed by three recruiters as the same time. All of them are from maintenance department. First, they asked me questions based on my resume. Then they asked me if I am familiar with the maintenance job. After that, they asked some formal questions like "What would you do if you meet a conflict with your supervisor? Finally, there was a paper test about some mechanical and chemical engineering questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you have conflict with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. in February 2009.

friendly and professional,