Forrest Solutions Staffing

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Forrest Solutions Staffing in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back the next day. Scheduled initial phone interview which went well. After this I went in to the office to meet the hiring coordinator for this position and then (unexpectedly) the CEO. The office is... interesting.

At the end of the meeting with the CEO, he asked me to think about the position and said he thought I would be a good fit. If I wanted to work there, he said, they would draw me up an offer and I could pick it up later in the week.

I emailed the hiring manager and the CEO later that night saying I would be interested in moving forward in the process and considering their offer. The hiring manager brought me back in to the office the next day (I was under the impression that we would discuss the offer) but it turned out to be a second 'interview'--after the CEO had already said the previous day that I had the job. The hiring manager said the CEO sometimes made spontaneous decisions. The hiring manager said the offer was 'not on the table' anymore and that he wanted to think about the decision more.

Two days after this second in-office meeting I received an email with syntactical errors saying that I did not get the job. FSS had reneged on their verbal, albeit undefined, commitment.

I had assumed that a staffing firm would have a firm grasp on the hiring process. I should not have made this assumption.

Interview Question – Frequent flip-flopping during negotiations (saying I would have time to think about the offer and close things up with my current firm, then saying I would have <2 days to think about it; saying I would receive an offer, then coming back in to the office to listen to the hiring manager say that the offer was not on the table, etc.). The actual interview questions were not hard.   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Forrest Solutions Staffing in August 2012.

Interview Details – I emailed a recruiter and had to follow up a few times with him. I went to the office and waited for a long time for them to finally interview me. Be prepared to take a computer skills test, I think they use "ProveIt". This is very much a numbers game for the management, they really just want to have a deep pool of people to call on if they get a big job assignment and need a ton of people fill it.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview was the computer skills test. The program the use does not allow you to use keyboard shortcuts which threw me off because I had to search through the menus.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate my pay at any time. What they offer is what you get.

Talent Consultant Interview

Talent Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrest Solutions Staffing in July 2013.

Interview Details – 3-4 steps...1 phone interview. A meeting with the corp recruiter, Director of Training and the CEO...very simple

Negotiation Details – directly with the ceo

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Forrest Solutions Staffing in March 2013.

Interview Details – Opportunity in Bloomberg, interview is that easy, only going through your CV. salary is poor, and the position is unprotected, could be fired any time.

Interview Question – None, everything is pretty easy.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Forrest Solutions Staffing in May 2013.

Interview Details – The are pretty straight forward with their interview process. They ask why you want to work here, look at your credentials and ask about your background

Interview Question – The background question.... Why would you be a good recruiter.   View Answer

Temporary Administrative Assistant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Forrest Solutions Staffing in November 2012.

Interview Details – Introduced to an agent there through a (former) friend. No real interview per se -- there are these freaky glass interview pods lining the main lobby, but because I already had a contact there, I just met with her at her sad little station. Seriously, it's like a chicken coop in there. She was pleasant enough - your resume is impressive, there's a lot of stuff we have for you -- all the usual claptrap. Then I met with two other agents, and I was working -- albeit at a terrible assignment -- the next day.

Interview Question – I wouldn't give them permission to do a credit check, since I knew it would be um, not good and therefore I wouldn't qualify for any positions that required one anyway. She was a little miffed about that and tried to insist, but I still refused. I'm not going to freely give up my credit information to some chick I met 10 minutes ago, certainly not without a firm offer of an assignment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a temp agency. You take what they'll give you, which is usually $5 less an hour than what they said they could probably get you and $10 less than you're worth.

Sales Leadership Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrest Solutions Staffing in July 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed with both the CEO and President a number of times. They seemed rightfully interested in understanding my background from a sales perspective, and when it came time for the offer, they made good on what they promised. However, they held back information on one of the employees, and when I asked to meet them about it, they declined.

Interview Question – Describe your sales background   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel I could trust them.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Forrest Solutions Staffing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forrest Solutions Staffing interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forrest Solutions Staffing employees and interview candidates.