Forrester Research

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – The process was extremely slow. From the initial phone call until the final interview was nearly 3 months. Communication was seriously lacking as I had to reach out to the HR person numerous times to find out if I was even still being considered. The people were very friendly and the process was interesting, but the lack of communication was frustrating, especially when it took more than two weeks after the interview and multiple phone calls and emails from me to get a voicemail from the HR person letting me know they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Question – A sales presentation had to be created and presented via video conference.   Answer Question

Forrester Research Response

Apr 28, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. I am so sorry to hear the process took so long. We typically fill our Sales roles within 35 days, so am disappointed to hear about a 3 month process. More over, I am very ... More

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – 3-4 interviews. They moved rather quickly. They are looking for people that are quality "hunters". They prefer young people that they can grind down rather that Sr. people that will quickly grow tired of their childish call/count requirements, etc.

Interview Question – What do you want to be when you grow up   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.....i took what they offered.

Cambridge, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in June 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with Forrester recruiter, followed by 2 additional phone screens with the prospective manager and the manager of a complimentary group. Invited in to interview with 5 others face to face. They paid for my plane travel and accomodations to Cambridge, MA.

Once there, I had lunch with the prospective manager which doubled as an interview. Then met with the manager of a key account management team, the manager for the inside sales team, the head of talent acquisition (HR), one senior analyst and the company's sales training consultant.

Each individual interview was about 45 minutes concluding with a 30 minute, 12 slide powerpoint presentation in which I was to present my 30/60/90 day sales plan.

The office and culture seemed fantastic. Really great atmosphere. Each floor in their HQ was a specific musical decade theme. I spent much of my time on the '60's floor with pictures of Jimi Hendrix and the Beatles. Really great group of people in my opinion.

I did everything correct and was told that I gave the best presentation they had ever seen of a prospective candidate, yet I came in 2nd to another candidate and only one position was open at the time.

Interview Question – Describe your strategy or methodology for building and implementing an account management plan.   Answer Question

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!