Forrester Research Interview Questions in Cambridge, MA

Updated Mar 20, 2015

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Forrester Research.

online application, HR screen, hiring manager call, in-office interview with multiple research directors & RAs, Analysts - there was a discrepancy between how HR described the position and how the hiring manager described the position

Interview Questions
    • describe working style, what do you know about forrester, how do you motivate yourself, what are your career goals - overall the questions were not too difficult, the follow up questions varied depending on who the interviewer was; everyone was friendly   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forrester Research in February 2015.

I was screened twice by HR and then by a VP (all over the phone) and was invited for an on campus interview. I interviewed with 2 VPs, 2 Analysts, 1 Researcher, and 2 Research Associates. It was a half day of interviewing followed by a data skills test.

I was asked a range of questions like:

Tell me about your experience with data.
    Tell me about your experience with regression analysis.
    What are 10 unconventional uses for a pencil?
    Strengths/Weaknesses?
    Tell me about a time you had to say no to a superior.
    What is your favorite technology? (Looking back my answer for this question was terrible. I should have said rocket ships!)
    Is there a person from your last job who dislikes you and what would they say about you? (I had a lot of fun with this one)

All of the answers were pretty straight-forward. Also, some of the interviewers used behavioral questions.

My total prep time for this interview was 24 hours over 3 days. My HR contact was extremely helpful in coaching and critiquing my stories/answers for potential interview questions.

Good luck.

Data Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in February 2015.

I was contacted by a recruiter. The time between first contact to offer letter took less than 3 weeks. I had two phone interviews (one with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager) and an in-person interview in Cambridge. The face-to-face interview involved meeting with four people for half an hour each and taking a skills assessment, all within the span of about 2.5 hours. I received a competitive offer within 3 business days of my face-to-face interview. There was no room to negotiate my salary, but I'm young and my attempt was clumsy.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were standard ("why Forrester", "let's talk about your resume", "how would you handle this hypothetical situation") but the skills assessment was appropriately challenging for the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in February 2015.

I had a friend that worked at Forrester who referred me for this position. I was contacted by the HR recruiter and set up a phone interview. The 30-minute phone interview was pretty standard, wanting to know about my background and why I wanted to work at Forrester. My recruiter was lovely and I really enjoyed all of my communication with her. She was really great about keeping me updated on my interview status. Once she spoke to the hiring manager, I was invited in for an in-person interview. Once I arrived, a member of the HR team greeted me, took me on a tour, and helped settle me in. They really made me feel welcome, which is nice and definitely calmed the nerves a bit. I met with two of the team managers and then with the team director, all individually. The whole interview was probably 2.5 hours. I left feeling pretty good, and was contacted by my recruiter the following week with an offer. I accepted and am happy to be here.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in January 2015.

I didn't apply for Forrester - one of their recruiters reached out to me on LI and led the entire process. She was wonderful, I had to say. We had some back and forth trying to schedule a time to speak but once we did it was clear it was an amazing company. She talked to me about the role and told me up front what the compensation would be which, while it was lower than I was looking for, was still in the right range and I agreed to move forward. After the phone interview, she passed my resume along to the Hiring Manager and they asked me to come in for an in-person 2 hour interview. They handled the whole thing seamlessly besides a few pieces of miscommunication (the day of the interview and, it turns out, the compensation but I'll get to that). Came in for my interview, was given a tour (pretty cool office for such a big company) by a member of the HR team (my recruiter was based in a different office), met with three members of the management team. All three brought very different personalities, backgrounds and questions so it was a good interview - definitely made sense to meet with all of them. Due to the date/time, I didn't get to meet with their boss, though. After the interview it was MLK weekend so I was originally told I would find out by the following Tuesday, it ended up being a week or so after that. When I did hear from them, I found out that I had received good feedback but that they wanted me to speak with the manager. My recruiter also had me connect with someone that was in the exact role I was interviewing for and that call was really great - it was important for me to understand what the day-to-day of the job entailed and I really clicked with the guy they connected me with. My phone interview with the manager was that same day and went well - pretty typical questions. Got the offer the next day. The bad news after all of this - my recruiter had gotten the compensation package messed up and it turns out the offer was for $5,000 less (and a smaller bonus opportunity) than I had originally been offered (which meant I would be making at least $10k less than I was hoping to make) so I had to say no. It was a shame because the benefits package was great, a really awesome team, very nice recruiter etc but I couldn't make the numbers work.

Interview Questions
    • What book are you reading right now?   Answer Question
    • Since the job you are applying for is so similar to the job you have now, why are you looking to make the move?   Answer Question
    • What characteristics do you think you will bring to the role from your current position?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Forrester?   Answer Question
    • After the initial 6 months of training, what will you do to stand out? To keep challenging yourself?   Answer Question

Forrester Research Response

Mar 9, 2015VP, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your candid and thorough feedback on your experience at Forrester! I apologize for the confusion with your offer. We have been working on improving the overall package for these ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Forrester Research in January 2015.

The interview process was seamless and efficient. I started with a phone interview with the recruiter- who was very diligent in scheduling and response time. She was also very friendly and enjoyable to work with. I was greeted first thing by Else for my on-site interview. It was a warm intro and alleviated some of my nerves prior to interviewing with the team. The interviews with the time were punctual, provided an accurate description of the job and culture, and asking challenging questions. Afterwards, I received a tour of the building- which is beautiful! A day after my interview I received feedback that I was going to receive an offer of employment. Overall- a very positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are three words my friends would use to describe me? What do you know about Forrester and the position? Given your background- why are you here? What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in December 2014.

I was approached by a recruiter on a manager role that had been open for over a year. I was interviewed by a total of seven people, two phone screenings and one on site (4 hour). Seemed open and honest but no closure. The hiring manager described follow-up to be within three days, but did not follow-up. I had to initiate the final word. Limited feedback for the candidate. Beautiful new building but too quiet for a growth company,no buzz.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience?
      How do approach work?
      What would you do to impact the unit?
      What would others say your strengths are?

Answer Question

Manager, Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

Applied via the interwebs and heard from the recruiter within ~2 weeks, interview process took ~4 weeks. Without question, this was one of the most professional and enjoyable interview processes of which I have been a part. What separated this experience from countless others was the recruiter Matt. The Forrester interview process is not unusual in its structure (phone screen; phone with HM; round robin of in-house interviews with the team, and then a presentation) but as most of us become emotionally and mentally invested in the process and outcome, Matt was stellar in keeping this candidate looped in to feedback and apprised of next steps and thus, far less angst-ridden. Consistent communication and information is key to any successful partnership--and speaks volumes about the commitment to finding the right candidates and keeping them invested.

Principal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

I was approached by Forrester via Linked In. The interview process was professional, transparent and efficient. It requires a significant time commitment from potential candidates. Analyst positions require going through writing and editing of a report, followed by in-person presenation on the same topic to the hiring team (Research Director, Research Assistant and other analysts)

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in August 2014.

Phone interview was scheduled by HR rep for Researcher, Serving Infrastructure and Operations Professionals via e-mail. However, the HR rep interviewed me for research associate, Serving Information Technology Professionals when she called. It was a 30 minute interview which mostly went smoothly - interviewer was nice and friendly and easy to talk to. She asked about my visa status at the end of the interview. When I responded that it is an OPT work permit, she said that Forrester does not sponsor for H1 visas (even though I did not require said sponsorship for atleast a year and made that clear) for entry level positions but she would check with her manager and get back to me. I followed up but never heard back.

Forrester Research Response

Sep 25, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your post. While I am disappointed that your feedback was shared in this forum, I would very much like to speak with you live and discuss both sides of the conversations with Forrester ... More