Forrester Research Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I learned about the job opening through an employee referral. Within a couple of hours of my friend sending the Forrester recruiter my resume, I received a call. Within a few days of that initial call (it was on a Friday), I had follow-up calls with the hiring manager and a team member. After those calls, I was sent a data file and a Powerpoint template with instructions to create a client-facing presentation based on the data and certain project assumptions and parameters as well as a blog promoting the final deliverable. I was then brought in to interview with the group VP, director, and team and presented my presentation to the group (both on-site and remote). The group asked questions during and after the presentation about my analysis. The face-to-face interviews were pretty straightforward, but the data exercise and presentation required a lot of preparation. I received a call from the recruiter that afternoon and had a written offer within four days.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall the specific questions they asked me, but they weren't out of the ordinary for the responsibilities of the position and my experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Forrester Research

Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter shorty after. A phone interview was scheduled a few days later, but was then rescheduled for another day. The recruiter never called for the rescheduled interview.

Interview Questions

Forrester Research Response

Dec 9, 2014 – VP, Talent Acquisition

I am disappointed to hear about the lack of follow up from the recruiter. I'd like to learn a bit more about your poor experience. Can you shoot me an email to connect? aeldred@forrester.com ... More

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen with an HR person. It was very straight forward, but I did have to email the individual twice to get a response. Second interview was with a senior consultant in the group. This interview was a discussion of my background and why I would be a good fit for the group. Again, this interview very straight forward. The third interview was with a director of the group. This is the interview in which I received the case question (refer to the "most difficult question" section). I was told that my answer was perfect. I was also told at the end of the interview that this person was going to send me information to review and that he was excited to speak with me again regarding the job after I had reviewed the materials. This was apparently a lie since I was not contacted by the company until I emailed the director and HR person several times each.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was fairly straightforward with one case question in the third round. I was asked what information I would like to know to decide whether or not a company should implement a project.   1 Answer

Forrester Research Response

Aug 11, 2014 – VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your interview process at Forrester. While we strive to be proactive and keep up strong communication with each and every candidate, there are times where clearly ... More

Consultant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by the hr and scheduled a phone interview later that week. The interview was typical. Basically we went through my recent research experiences. Talked about the skills I used in the research. She also asked about whether I'm willing to relocate and my salary expectation.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Started with phone screening - brief call with recruiter and a senior individual in consulting practice. I then had 5 in-person interviews. Mostly culture fit but also to gauge communicating with senior business leaders; one case interview. Communicated with recruiter a couple more times to answer remaining questions. Was offered the position within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Case question: What's the market opportunity for video communication in APAC?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation, numbers were agreed on pretty quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forrester Research (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

First, I sent in a resume from an open job posting that was pointed out to me by an alumni acquaintance.Within about a week, I received an email message from an HR representative to schedule a phone interview. Because of the 4th of July, we had to put off the phone interview until the next week, the day after the holiday. At a pre-arranged day and time, the HR rep called me and we spoke for about a half hour. There was a 3-hour time difference between us since I was on the West Coast and she was on the East Coast. This was a screening interview which, later on, proved to be a courtesy interview. Maybe to fulfill a statistic that the company follows up on most/all applicants? Not sure, but I found out at the end of the interview that the company had already found a candidate and was in the final round of interviewing that person, so this interview seemed to fulfill a requirement.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how your skills and experience match the job requirements?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Forrester Research?   1 Answer
    • What salary are you looking for?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

First round was a general phone interview for fit, with general recruiter. Followed with 3 other phone interviews with people in the department I would be working with, including the hiring manager specific to that department. Last was a face to face interview, in Boston, with more people from the department.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

First I was phone screened by HR to make sure I wasn't insane and was currently employed as I said I was (totally an easy and normal interview). Then I came in for a super-well-run and organized interview where I met with an HR rep, then 5 people, including my future manager, her manager and 3 other team members, 2 were by phone. Sometimes I know Forrester does telepresence interviews when someone in the CA office interviews an MA candidate, etc. I felt that the interview wasn't incredibly difficult, maybe a medium level of difficulty. Every person was an hour or half hour and Forrester was extremely organized and cognizant of my time, keeping everything on schedule with HR as they understand candidates have other jobs they are leaving to come interview. After this 3 hour or so process, I had to phone interview with someone who was on vacation. After this I was called by HR within a few days and made an offer with an offer letter. The entire process from getting called to interview to the offer letter took only a week. It was extremely efficient and well-run, no rescheduling or second-guessing or keeping me hanging. I commend Forrester on the way they do this.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would convince a difficult analyst to attend a consulting session when he or she simply does not want to go.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I hated my current job at the time and was desperate to get out, and I still regret this. With this company you HAVE to negotiate because you won't be able to get much more than 3% a year once you're in.