Forrester Research

81 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within 30 minutes of submitting my application, HR contacted me about scheduling an interview. However, a couple of days before the interview, HR needed to reschedule which was not a problem. The day of the interview, I did not receive a call and I sent an email to follow up, in case something had come up and we needed to reschedule. However, it seems that the person I was supposed to interview with was actually out of the office the day she suggested we reschedule the interview. I never heard from them again.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – 1) Best internal recruiter of all organizations I've interviewed with; truly showed a passion for the company and her job role. I was constantly apprised of my progress through the recruiting process - a lot more than can be said of some other companies. I certainly did not expect "hints" towards progressing through the process, but the team did everything to prepare me just short of throwing me the bone.
2) Interviews were overall extremely conversational - don't you hate it when you get a green interviewer that follows a script???!?
3) The interviewers sold the work/life balance, and it appears to be true.
4) Being a consultant means you have to have the toolkit to be personable, make sure you yourself are a personable person.
5) I've had MUCH more difficult interviews, ranging from amateur interviewers who asked me 50 questions on "tell me a situation...." to those that gave me cases that lack sufficient numbers to crack. This is cake (although I don't eat cake).
6) Back to being personable - you will be presenting. Please be adequately prepared so you don't fumble for words. No one likes to sweat bullets, so the prudent thing to do is to prepare and do some dry runs.

Interview Question – Explain your xyz assumption (on case), which is not difficult so long as you were logical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations are holistic - you ask for a pie, and you may get some pieces of the pie in return. Having said that, it really depends on what you bring to the table.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Associate Account Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process took about six weeks. Required to present as part of the interview process. Should have negotiated up. The offer is not competitive.Great learning opportunity when it comes to negotiation skills, relationship building, and account management.

Negotiation Details – Should have negotiated up. The offer is not competitive.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – They did a phone screening of about 30 minutes. Most of the questions were general and they just went over my resume and asked me questions about my experience at each internship. The interviewer was friendly and calm. I followed up with her through email but never got a reply.

Interview Question – Is technology something that interests you? Do you keep up with technology?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone screen with an HR person. It was very straight forward, but I did have to email the individual twice to get a response.

Second interview was with a senior consultant in the group. This interview was a discussion of my background and why I would be a good fit for the group. Again, this interview very straight forward.

The third interview was with a director of the group. This is the interview in which I received the case question (refer to the "most difficult question" section). I was told that my answer was perfect. I was also told at the end of the interview that this person was going to send me information to review and that he was excited to speak with me again regarding the job after I had reviewed the materials. This was apparently a lie since I was not contacted by the company until I emailed the director and HR person several times each.

Interview Question – The interview process was fairly straightforward with one case question in the third round. I was asked what information I would like to know to decide whether or not a company should implement a project.   View Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Market Research Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – I am currently being interviewed. I have been interviewed by the recruiter. The next step is to interview with the hiring manager and if that goes well will go on-site.

Interview Question – So far, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Sales Development Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter for the company, the call went well. It was a standard 30-45 minute conversation with your typical screening questions. I was told I was one of the select few that were chosen for another interview and that it was a "cream of the crop" scenario. This was weird because I had zero experience within the industry (was looking for a career change). The second interview turned out to not be an interview at all but a meet and greet with "high ranking" employees. Well it was going to be a bunch of people trying to get their 2 seconds in with hiring managers and not something I was trying to do, I'm not into kissing shoes for an entry level position.

Interview Question – When have you overcame an obstacle that would arise in the job you are applying for?   View Answer

Forrester Research VP, Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Apr 28, 2014

Thanks for your feedback! Your experience is definitely not what we hope to see at Forrester. I apologize our Open House event was pitched to you as a full interview - however, it was a great ... More

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – The process was extremely slow. From the initial phone call until the final interview was nearly 3 months. Communication was seriously lacking as I had to reach out to the HR person numerous times to find out if I was even still being considered. The people were very friendly and the process was interesting, but the lack of communication was frustrating, especially when it took more than two weeks after the interview and multiple phone calls and emails from me to get a voicemail from the HR person letting me know they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Question – A sales presentation had to be created and presented via video conference.   Answer Question

Forrester Research VP, Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Apr 28, 2014

Thanks for your review. I am so sorry to hear the process took so long. We typically fill our Sales roles within 35 days, so am disappointed to hear about a 3 month process. More over, I am very ... More

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in April 2012.

Interview Details – This was my first job after graduating from a liberal arts college. I had no marketing or technology experience. My first interview was withAfter an hour interview with him, I was done for the day.

A week later, I came back in to have 30-minute interviews with three other Analysts, and a 30-minute talk with the HR rep. And then later, I had another hour-long interview with an analyst who was traveling. The whole process from applying to getting hired probably took a month.

Interview Question – The first person I interviewed with was the most difficult interviewer. He was the hiring manager for the team. He asked me what my most recent non-fiction read was, and I said that it was the Steve Jobs biography. Then, he asked me to take what I learned from the book as a case study, and say what marketing practices I would recommend to a Marketing Leader based on what Apple has done successfully.   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Associate Account Manager

Interviewed at Forrester Research

Interview Details – Intense interview process, even for an internal candidate. They have many rounds of interviews with senior management, capped by a 20 mins presentation.

Interview Question – The presentation is focused on how you would manage your book of business. The more detail and processed oriented you can be, the better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer was the offer

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!