Forrester Research

Updated Oct 11, 2014

3.1

Manager, Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

Applied via the interwebs and heard from the recruiter within ~2 weeks, interview process took ~4 weeks. Without question, this was one of the most professional and enjoyable interview processes of which I have been a part. What separated this experience from countless others was the recruiter Matt. The Forrester interview process is not unusual in its structure (phone screen; phone with HM; round robin of in-house interviews with the team, and then a presentation) but as most of us become emotionally and mentally invested in the process and outcome, Matt was stellar in keeping this candidate looped in to feedback and apprised of next steps and thus, far less angst-ridden. Consistent communication and information is key to any successful partnership--and speaks volumes about the commitment to finding the right candidates and keeping them invested.

CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER Interview

I applied online a month ago and have yet to hear anything from the company aside from the automatic system-generated response that acknowledged my submission. The online interface is rigid, feels like an affidavit and, in my opinion, not appropriate for executive-level roles where nuance, expertise and individuality are critical.

Interview Questions
    • Online application asks for the usual information... along with employment details for at least 10 years, reasons for leaving past jobs, names/titles of your past managers, starting rates of pay at past jobs, names/contact info for three references (although the instructions say only two are required, the system will not let you finish until you add a third).   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback on our applicant tracking system. Yes, the system lacks the warmth and interface that we would hope candidates would experience when applying to Forrester. While the need for ... More

Principal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

I was approached by Forrester via Linked In. The interview process was professional, transparent and efficient. It requires a significant time commitment from potential candidates. Analyst positions require going through writing and editing of a report, followed by in-person presenation on the same topic to the hiring team (Research Director, Research Assistant and other analysts)

Copyeditor Interview

Great group of people to interview with. Fairly long interview process, but all contained to one day. Had a take-home editing test. Really got a good feel for employee culture.

Aug 19, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

So glad to hear that your interview process gave you a sense of the really unique culture at Forrester. Welcome to the company!

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in August 2014.

Phone interview was scheduled by HR rep for Researcher, Serving Infrastructure and Operations Professionals via e-mail. However, the HR rep interviewed me for research associate, Serving Information Technology Professionals when she called. It was a 30 minute interview which mostly went smoothly - interviewer was nice and friendly and easy to talk to. She asked about my visa status at the end of the interview. When I responded that it is an OPT work permit, she said that Forrester does not sponsor for H1 visas (even though I did not require said sponsorship for atleast a year and made that clear) for entry level positions but she would check with her manager and get back to me. I followed up but never heard back.

Sep 25, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your post. While I am disappointed that your feedback was shared in this forum, I would very much like to speak with you live and discuss both sides of the conversations with Forrester ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

1) Best internal recruiter of all organizations I've interviewed with; truly showed a passion for the company and her job role. I was constantly apprised of my progress through the recruiting process - a lot more than can be said of some other companies. I certainly did not expect "hints" towards progressing through the process, but the team did everything to prepare me just short of throwing me the bone.
    2) Interviews were overall extremely conversational - don't you hate it when you get a green interviewer that follows a script???!?
    3) The interviewers sold the work/life balance, and it appears to be true.
    4) Being a consultant means you have to have the toolkit to be personable, make sure you yourself are a personable person.
    5) I've had MUCH more difficult interviews, ranging from amateur interviewers who asked me 50 questions on "tell me a situation...." to those that gave me cases that lack sufficient numbers to crack. This is cake (although I don't eat cake).
    6) Back to being personable - you will be presenting. Please be adequately prepared so you don't fumble for words. No one likes to sweat bullets, so the prudent thing to do is to prepare and do some dry runs.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your xyz assumption (on case), which is not difficult so long as you were logical.   Answer Question
    Negotiations are holistic - you ask for a pie, and you may get some pieces of the pie in return. Having said that, it really depends on what you bring to the table.

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

I am thrilled to hear of your positive experience interviewing at Forrester. We have invested a lot of time and effort in raising the bar within the recruitment team here and equipping hiring teams ... More

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forrester Research.

They did a phone screening of about 30 minutes. Most of the questions were general and they just went over my resume and asked me questions about my experience at each internship. The interviewer was friendly and calm. I followed up with her through email but never got a reply.

Interview Questions
    • Is technology something that interests you? Do you keep up with technology?   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your recent experience with Forrester. I apologize you did not hear back from your recruiter - this is NOT our standard practice. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to ... More

Consultant Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

The first interview was a phone screen with an HR person. It was very straight forward, but I did have to email the individual twice to get a response.

Second interview was with a senior consultant in the group. This interview was a discussion of my background and why I would be a good fit for the group. Again, this interview very straight forward.

The third interview was with a director of the group. This is the interview in which I received the case question (refer to the "most difficult question" section). I was told that my answer was perfect. I was also told at the end of the interview that this person was going to send me information to review and that he was excited to speak with me again regarding the job after I had reviewed the materials. This was apparently a lie since I was not contacted by the company until I emailed the director and HR person several times each.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was fairly straightforward with one case question in the third round. I was asked what information I would like to know to decide whether or not a company should implement a project.   View Answer

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your interview process at Forrester. While we strive to be proactive and keep up strong communication with each and every candidate, there are times where clearly ... More

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in June 2014.

I applied online and within 30 minutes of submitting my application, HR contacted me about scheduling an interview. However, a couple of days before the interview, HR needed to reschedule which was not a problem. The day of the interview, I did not receive a call and I sent an email to follow up, in case something had come up and we needed to reschedule. However, it seems that the person I was supposed to interview with was actually out of the office the day she suggested we reschedule the interview. I never heard from them again.

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am really disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your application and interview. While we strive to have really clear, proactive communication with ... More

Market Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Forrester Research.

I am currently being interviewed. I have been interviewed by the recruiter. The next step is to interview with the hiring manager and if that goes well will go on-site.