Forrester Research

3.1

Principal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

I was approached by Forrester via Linked In. The interview process was professional, transparent and efficient. It requires a significant time commitment from potential candidates. Analyst positions require going through writing and editing of a report, followed by in-person presenation on the same topic to the hiring team (Research Director, Research Assistant and other analysts)

Copyeditor Interview

Great group of people to interview with. Fairly long interview process, but all contained to one day. Had a take-home editing test. Really got a good feel for employee culture.

Aug 19, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

So glad to hear that your interview process gave you a sense of the really unique culture at Forrester. Welcome to the company!

Research Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in June 2014.

I applied online and within 30 minutes of submitting my application, HR contacted me about scheduling an interview. However, a couple of days before the interview, HR needed to reschedule which was not a problem. The day of the interview, I did not receive a call and I sent an email to follow up, in case something had come up and we needed to reschedule. However, it seems that the person I was supposed to interview with was actually out of the office the day she suggested we reschedule the interview. I never heard from them again.

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am really disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your application and interview. While we strive to have really clear, proactive communication with ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

1) Best internal recruiter of all organizations I've interviewed with; truly showed a passion for the company and her job role. I was constantly apprised of my progress through the recruiting process - a lot more than can be said of some other companies. I certainly did not expect "hints" towards progressing through the process, but the team did everything to prepare me just short of throwing me the bone.
    2) Interviews were overall extremely conversational - don't you hate it when you get a green interviewer that follows a script???!?
    3) The interviewers sold the work/life balance, and it appears to be true.
    4) Being a consultant means you have to have the toolkit to be personable, make sure you yourself are a personable person.
    5) I've had MUCH more difficult interviews, ranging from amateur interviewers who asked me 50 questions on "tell me a situation...." to those that gave me cases that lack sufficient numbers to crack. This is cake (although I don't eat cake).
    6) Back to being personable - you will be presenting. Please be adequately prepared so you don't fumble for words. No one likes to sweat bullets, so the prudent thing to do is to prepare and do some dry runs.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your xyz assumption (on case), which is not difficult so long as you were logical.   Answer Question
    Negotiations are holistic - you ask for a pie, and you may get some pieces of the pie in return. Having said that, it really depends on what you bring to the table.

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

I am thrilled to hear of your positive experience interviewing at Forrester. We have invested a lot of time and effort in raising the bar within the recruitment team here and equipping hiring teams ... More

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in January 2013.

The interview process took about six weeks. Required to present as part of the interview process. Should have negotiated up. The offer is not competitive.Great learning opportunity when it comes to negotiation skills, relationship building, and account management.

Should have negotiated up. The offer is not competitive.

Research Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Forrester Research.

They did a phone screening of about 30 minutes. Most of the questions were general and they just went over my resume and asked me questions about my experience at each internship. The interviewer was friendly and calm. I followed up with her through email but never got a reply.

Interview Questions
    • Is technology something that interests you? Do you keep up with technology?   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your recent experience with Forrester. I apologize you did not hear back from your recruiter - this is NOT our standard practice. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to ... More

Consultant Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

The first interview was a phone screen with an HR person. It was very straight forward, but I did have to email the individual twice to get a response.

Second interview was with a senior consultant in the group. This interview was a discussion of my background and why I would be a good fit for the group. Again, this interview very straight forward.

The third interview was with a director of the group. This is the interview in which I received the case question (refer to the "most difficult question" section). I was told that my answer was perfect. I was also told at the end of the interview that this person was going to send me information to review and that he was excited to speak with me again regarding the job after I had reviewed the materials. This was apparently a lie since I was not contacted by the company until I emailed the director and HR person several times each.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was fairly straightforward with one case question in the third round. I was asked what information I would like to know to decide whether or not a company should implement a project.   View Answer

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your interview process at Forrester. While we strive to be proactive and keep up strong communication with each and every candidate, there are times where clearly ... More

Market Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Forrester Research.

I am currently being interviewed. I have been interviewed by the recruiter. The next step is to interview with the hiring manager and if that goes well will go on-site.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Forrester Research.

The process was extremely slow. From the initial phone call until the final interview was nearly 3 months. Communication was seriously lacking as I had to reach out to the HR person numerous times to find out if I was even still being considered. The people were very friendly and the process was interesting, but the lack of communication was frustrating, especially when it took more than two weeks after the interview and multiple phone calls and emails from me to get a voicemail from the HR person letting me know they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • A sales presentation had to be created and presented via video conference.   Answer Question

Apr 28, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. I am so sorry to hear the process took so long. We typically fill our Sales roles within 35 days, so am disappointed to hear about a 3 month process. More over, I am very ... More

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter for the company, the call went well. It was a standard 30-45 minute conversation with your typical screening questions. I was told I was one of the select few that were chosen for another interview and that it was a "cream of the crop" scenario. This was weird because I had zero experience within the industry (was looking for a career change). The second interview turned out to not be an interview at all but a meet and greet with "high ranking" employees. Well it was going to be a bunch of people trying to get their 2 seconds in with hiring managers and not something I was trying to do, I'm not into kissing shoes for an entry level position.

Interview Questions
    • When have you overcame an obstacle that would arise in the job you are applying for?   View Answer

Apr 28, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback! Your experience is definitely not what we hope to see at Forrester. I apologize our Open House event was pitched to you as a full interview - however, it was a great ... More

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!