Forrester Research

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

3.1

Market Research Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

Very thorough in-person interview process. Be prepared to meet with several people individually, but don't expect the same questions from each person. Employees I met with were pleasant and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Just be prepared to speak about yourself and answer the usual questions related to the position and company.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Recruiter reached out to me to discuss this position. We had a quick 15 minute phone call about the position and at the end of the call she said she would set up another phone interview for me to talk with the hiring manager for the position. This interview was a 30 minute phone interview and ended vaguely.

Interview Questions
    • How do you multi-task?
      Are you organized?
      How do your prioritize tasks?

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter shorty after. A phone interview was scheduled a few days later, but was then rescheduled for another day. The recruiter never called for the rescheduled interview.

Dec 9, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

I am disappointed to hear about the lack of follow up from the recruiter. I'd like to learn a bit more about your poor experience. Can you shoot me an email to connect? aeldred@forrester.com ... More

Manager Interview

This company knows how to treat a candidate. They are organized and treat candidates with respect. The interview was long but not a minute was wasted. I was interviewing for a manger job and they made sure to include the team in the interview process which says a lot about the trust and respect they have for their employees. Recruiter was amazing and on top of everything.

ManagerH Interview

detailed, lengthy. Behavioral questions, presentation from a question. 4 rounds of interview, phone, phone, f2f and f2f. detailed, lengthy. Behavioral questions, presentation from a question. 4 rounds of interview, phone, phone, f2f and f2f. detailed, lengthy. Behavioral questions, presentation from a question. 4 rounds of interview, phone, phone, f2f and f2f. detailed, lengthy. Behavioral questions, presentation from a question. 4 rounds of interview, phone, phone, f2f and f2f.

Manager, Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

Applied via the interwebs and heard from the recruiter within ~2 weeks, interview process took ~4 weeks. Without question, this was one of the most professional and enjoyable interview processes of which I have been a part. What separated this experience from countless others was the recruiter Matt. The Forrester interview process is not unusual in its structure (phone screen; phone with HM; round robin of in-house interviews with the team, and then a presentation) but as most of us become emotionally and mentally invested in the process and outcome, Matt was stellar in keeping this candidate looped in to feedback and apprised of next steps and thus, far less angst-ridden. Consistent communication and information is key to any successful partnership--and speaks volumes about the commitment to finding the right candidates and keeping them invested.

CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER Interview

I applied online a month ago and have yet to hear anything from the company aside from the automatic system-generated response that acknowledged my submission. The online interface is rigid, feels like an affidavit and, in my opinion, not appropriate for executive-level roles where nuance, expertise and individuality are critical.

Interview Questions
    • Online application asks for the usual information... along with employment details for at least 10 years, reasons for leaving past jobs, names/titles of your past managers, starting rates of pay at past jobs, names/contact info for three references (although the instructions say only two are required, the system will not let you finish until you add a third).   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback on our applicant tracking system. Yes, the system lacks the warmth and interface that we would hope candidates would experience when applying to Forrester. While the need for ... More

Copyeditor Interview

Great group of people to interview with. Fairly long interview process, but all contained to one day. Had a take-home editing test. Really got a good feel for employee culture.

Aug 19, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

So glad to hear that your interview process gave you a sense of the really unique culture at Forrester. Welcome to the company!

Principal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

I was approached by Forrester via Linked In. The interview process was professional, transparent and efficient. It requires a significant time commitment from potential candidates. Analyst positions require going through writing and editing of a report, followed by in-person presenation on the same topic to the hiring team (Research Director, Research Assistant and other analysts)

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in August 2014.

Phone interview was scheduled by HR rep for Researcher, Serving Infrastructure and Operations Professionals via e-mail. However, the HR rep interviewed me for research associate, Serving Information Technology Professionals when she called. It was a 30 minute interview which mostly went smoothly - interviewer was nice and friendly and easy to talk to. She asked about my visa status at the end of the interview. When I responded that it is an OPT work permit, she said that Forrester does not sponsor for H1 visas (even though I did not require said sponsorship for atleast a year and made that clear) for entry level positions but she would check with her manager and get back to me. I followed up but never heard back.

Sep 25, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your post. While I am disappointed that your feedback was shared in this forum, I would very much like to speak with you live and discuss both sides of the conversations with Forrester ... More