Forrester Research Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, interview with hiring manager, and in person interview. The interview with the recruiter was very friendly, and she basically took down some notes and said it would be processed to the hiring manager, and he gets to decide if he wants to move forward or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about forrester research, why do you want to work here. Asked to explain some of the experiences on my resume. What would other people describe you as.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went in for an in person interview, which consisted of 3 half-hour interviews. The first was mostly informational, about the position and the company. The second was trying to gauge my personality, with questions like, how would your last boss describe you, how would your friends describe you, etc. The third interview was with 2 people, someone who had the role I was applying for and someone who had once been in the role I was applying for. This interview was more of an interrogation than an interview, as my interviewer had her computer open with 3 pages of questions and just read another one off as soon as I was done with my answer to the previous question. The questions were very unique.

What was the last book you read?
    What would you do if you won a $20 million jackpot?
    What are 3 websites/magazines you use to keep up with technology?
    What is your favorite piece of technology other than your phone/computer? Why?
    What is your spirit animal?
    What would another company have to offer you to leave your job?
    What makes you want to set the bar higher for you and your co-workers?
    What would someone who doesn't like you say about you?
    What are 10 unconventional uses for a pencil?

I was told I would hear back within 1 week because they had more people interviewing for the position. After a2 weeks, I hadn't heard back so I followed up. No response. A week later I followed up with them for a second time and finally got a response, saying I would hear back by the end of the week "with more information". Note: this is about 4 weeks after my interview and 3 weeks after I was supposed to hear back. They never emailed me again, not even to tell me I didn't get the job.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Thirty minute phone scan followed by an in-person interview with three senior employees the following week that lasted 2.5 hours. Very nice & new HQs, and the team seemed very professional. Recruitment follow-up could use some work. I was called with a follow-up question and told the team really liked me after the interview, and then never heard back via email or phone.

Interview Questions

• -3 ways your friends describe you
      -3 ways your boss would describe you
      -Measurable goals I had met recently

Answer Question

Forrester Research Response

Jun 11, 2015Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. You definitely did not have a good interaction, nor one that is representative of the high standard and processes we hold ourselves to in creating a positive candidate ... More

Contracts Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview

1) Was contacted by a recruiter about the opportunity (I had preciously spoken with a different recruiter who recommended me to her college
     2) 20 minute phone interview with recruiter, basic questions, easy
    3) 20 minute phone interview with hiring manager, basic questions, more in depth about job responsibilities and my previous experiences that pertained to the job. After conversation hiring manager said the recruiter would be in touch to set up an in person interview.
    4) 3 hour in person interview, interviewed with 7 people, 6 back to back half hour interviews in total. The people I met with would be the people I worked with and interacted with every day. Questions about multi-tasking, staying focused during mundane tasks etc
    5) received an offer from recruiter a week later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

online application, HR screen, hiring manager call, in-office interview with multiple research directors & RAs, Analysts - there was a discrepancy between how HR described the position and how the hiring manager described the position

Interview Questions

• describe working style, what do you know about forrester, how do you motivate yourself, what are your career goals - overall the questions were not too difficult, the follow up questions varied depending on who the interviewer was; everyone was friendly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I have to preface this by saying I formerly worked with two Forrester Alumni and when I approached them about the company they had rave reviews of their time there. One held the precise position I applied for and let after two promotions while the other was an Analyst when she left.

I applied via Forrester's website and was contacted within a couple of weeks by a recruiter to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was your typical explanation of the position, the salary, as well as questions pertaining to your resume, why you are interested in Forrester specifically, and whether or not you are still interested in the position after hearing the description, salary, etc. The screen went well and the recruiter doled out some advice about the next round which was a call with the hiring manager for the position. I did have to send a couple of reminder emails to the recruiter between the screen and the next phone call as we had not set an day and time. There ended up being a slight mix up that involved me not receiving a verification email for the call and therefore, I was not available to take said call (these things happen), but we rescheduled a couple days later. This phone call was similar to the first. The hiring manager wanted to be clear about the responsibilities of the position and then delved a bit deeper into "why Forrester" and some additional general background questions. This call also must have went well as I was scheduled to be brought in to meet with 6 people in one afternoon.

No mix ups this time, I was brought in on a Friday afternoon, not many people left in the office (you can have a life at Forrester apparently) and was promptly given a tour by the recruiter. I went through a grueling process of 5 interviews, one being remote with an Analyst in San Fran. There was a large amount of crossover in the questions (which from my perspective was redundant but that were asked by each interviewer, but each person had their own style, background, and personality that contributed to my own impression of the company. The order was: Hiring Manager for my position, Analyst (Senior Analyst? I do not recall specifically), Researcher, Analyst, Research Associate (yes someone in my current role was supposed to be interviewing me, pretty cool if you ask me). However, there was a last minute change where the RA became unavailable so another hiring manager stepped in to finish off the gauntlet at which point I could hardly form coherent words from having been speaking for the previous (2.5 hours?). Subjectively, I did enjoy meeting with a variety of employees in the team as it enabled me to get a better feel for the culture and atmosphere than at other companies I had interviewed with.

The recruiter told me I would be contacted by Tuesday evening about my standing and I actually was contacted by Monday and given a tentative offer which was formalized a couple of days later. I was in the interview process with a couple of other companies at the time, but I knew by then that if Forrester offered I would accept. Unfortunately there was no room to negotiate salary, but considering the company benefits (never forget about the benefits) it was palatable.

Interview Questions

• Would you be a Rock or a Kite? (with the stipulation you have to choose one or the other (you cannot be the string). With the rock being the grounded, level headed item keeping the creative, wandering kite from completely flying away.   1 Answer
    • Other questions were general, primarily focused on: "why Forrester" and "what interests you about this role specifically."   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The overall process was fantastic. Although it was a lengthy discussion, the recruiter kept me in the loop after each step. I interviewed with multiple individuals across several different positions. Each person was polite, challenging and offered to help with anything else that came up during the process. I spent a lot of time preparing by becoming as familiar as I could with the Forrester product offerings and the roles they serve.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview

2 Parts: 1st Interviews with at least 3 people including your potential boss, director, team members and a randomly selected employee outside of sales. 2nd part is a presentation. Basic pitch/30,60,90 day plan. Both parts are very relaxed, free to ask as much as you'd like. In fact it seemed encouraged to interview them as much as they were interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Standard, what challenges do you expect to face and how will you over come them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was screened twice by HR and then by a VP (all over the phone) and was invited for an on campus interview. I interviewed with 2 VPs, 2 Analysts, 1 Researcher, and 2 Research Associates. It was a half day of interviewing followed by a data skills test.

I was asked a range of questions like:

Tell me about your experience with data.
    Tell me about your experience with regression analysis.
    What are 10 unconventional uses for a pencil?
    Strengths/Weaknesses?
    Tell me about a time you had to say no to a superior.
    What is your favorite technology? (Looking back my answer for this question was terrible. I should have said rocket ships!)
    Is there a person from your last job who dislikes you and what would they say about you? (I had a lot of fun with this one)

All of the answers were pretty straight-forward. Also, some of the interviewers used behavioral questions.

My total prep time for this interview was 24 hours over 3 days. My HR contact was extremely helpful in coaching and critiquing my stories/answers for potential interview questions.

Good luck.

Data Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The time between first contact to offer letter took less than 3 weeks. I had two phone interviews (one with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager) and an in-person interview in Cambridge. The face-to-face interview involved meeting with four people for half an hour each and taking a skills assessment, all within the span of about 2.5 hours. I received a competitive offer within 3 business days of my face-to-face interview. There was no room to negotiate my salary, but I'm young and my attempt was clumsy.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were standard ("why Forrester", "let's talk about your resume", "how would you handle this hypothetical situation") but the skills assessment was appropriately challenging for the role.   Answer Question