Forrester Research

72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Research Associate Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in April 2012.

Interview Details – This was my first job after graduating from a liberal arts college. I had no marketing or technology experience. My first interview was withAfter an hour interview with him, I was done for the day.

A week later, I came back in to have 30-minute interviews with three other Analysts, and a 30-minute talk with the HR rep. And then later, I had another hour-long interview with an analyst who was traveling. The whole process from applying to getting hired probably took a month.

Interview Question – The first person I interviewed with was the most difficult interviewer. He was the hiring manager for the team. He asked me what my most recent non-fiction read was, and I said that it was the Steve Jobs biography. Then, he asked me to take what I learned from the book as a case study, and say what marketing practices I would recommend to a Marketing Leader based on what Apple has done successfully.   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Interviewed at Forrester Research

Interview Details – Intense interview process, even for an internal candidate. They have many rounds of interviews with senior management, capped by a 20 mins presentation.

Interview Question – The presentation is focused on how you would manage your book of business. The more detail and processed oriented you can be, the better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer was the offer

Office Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Forrester Research in November 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter called me in November 2013 for a screening and then I got an in person interview a few days later. I interviewed with four separate people through video conference and then went back a few days later to meet with three more people in the office. They called to tell me that they were reworking the position and that I would get more information shortly. To this day they have never told me that I did not get the position. I did reach out to the recruiter I had been working with but she told me that they were still reworking things and that if I did not hear from her that it was not a negative sign. I would say that after four months it is safe to assume that I did not get the position. Considering how many interviews I went through you would think that they would do me the courtesy of telling me that I was not chosen. Obviously the way this whole process was handled was less than professional.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Account Manager Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Forrester Research in November 2010.

Interview Details – Long. Expect it to take several months; in my case 3 months to get hired. For sales, you will have to give a very intense presentation which you need to create

Negotiation Details – Similar to other companies. They don't negotiate all the much. Pretty straight forward

Account Development Manager Interview

Account Development Manager
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly and was very straight forward. First I was contacted by a recruiter for a 20 minute phone screen. After having passed the phone screen, I was brought in for an interview and met with 5 members of the team. I spent roughly 30minutes with each member.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an ADM? What is the last book you have read?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interviewed at Forrester Research

Interview Details – A process, but once you're in, you're in. Forrester is great at acquiring top talent.

Interview Question – If you know sales, you'll do fine if you show drive and motivation.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in October 2012.

Interview Details – Started with phone screening - brief call with recruiter and a senior individual in consulting practice. I then had 5 in-person interviews. Mostly culture fit but also to gauge communicating with senior business leaders; one case interview.

Communicated with recruiter a couple more times to answer remaining questions. Was offered the position within a few weeks.

Interview Question – Case question: What's the market opportunity for video communication in APAC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation, numbers were agreed on pretty quickly.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial dialogue was made by a recruiter via Linked In in-mail. He/she would be the main contact in the hiring process.Then a phone interview as a screening process started within 1-2 weeks. If they felt the candidates have the right skill sets and background, they might bring them on-site for further group interview etc.

Interview Question – No technical questions were asked during initial screening process. The corporate recruiters were easy going and asking basic questions regarding the candidates' work history and relevant project experience.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very thorough process. Initial phone screen is with an internal Recruiter. Then usually have either a phone screen with the hiring manager OR an in person interview with the hiring manager. If you pass these 2 gates, you will be asked to interview in person with a few other sales managers. The final gate is usually a 30 minute presentation/case study to the recruiter, hiring manager, and Regional VP.

Interview Question – During the presentation/case study they may treat it as a role play and could ask you, "Why is Forrester so expensive" or "why should we use Forrester vs. XYZ company."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pretty cordial. Good benefits that were non-negotiable.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Forrester Research in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very detailed and took at least 6 weeks. Started with a borage of calls with analysts, researchers and consulting. Then to writing research and a presentation.

Interview Question – Presentation defense questions were tough.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forrester Research

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!

Forrester Research Videos

Forrester Research – Why Work for Us?

A global research and advisory firm, Forrester Research (Nasdaq: FORR) serves professionals in 13 key roles across three distinct client segments. Our clients face progressively complex business and technology decisions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forrester Research interview questions and advice. All 72 interview reviews posted anonymously by Forrester Research employees and interview candidates.