Forrester Research

3.1

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter for the company, the call went well. It was a standard 30-45 minute conversation with your typical screening questions. I was told I was one of the select few that were chosen for another interview and that it was a "cream of the crop" scenario. This was weird because I had zero experience within the industry (was looking for a career change). The second interview turned out to not be an interview at all but a meet and greet with "high ranking" employees. Well it was going to be a bunch of people trying to get their 2 seconds in with hiring managers and not something I was trying to do, I'm not into kissing shoes for an entry level position.

Interview Questions
    • When have you overcame an obstacle that would arise in the job you are applying for?   View Answer

Forrester Research Response

Apr 28, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback! Your experience is definitely not what we hope to see at Forrester. I apologize our Open House event was pitched to you as a full interview - however, it was a great ... More

Associate Account Manager Interview

Intense interview process, even for an internal candidate. They have many rounds of interviews with senior management, capped by a 20 mins presentation.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation is focused on how you would manage your book of business. The more detail and processed oriented you can be, the better.   Answer Question
    offer was the offer

Sales Interview

A process, but once you're in, you're in. Forrester is great at acquiring top talent.

Interview Questions
    • If you know sales, you'll do fine if you show drive and motivation.   Answer Question

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in November 2013.

The interview process went very smoothly and was very straight forward. First I was contacted by a recruiter for a 20 minute phone screen. After having passed the phone screen, I was brought in for an interview and met with 5 members of the team. I spent roughly 30minutes with each member.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be an ADM? What is the last book you have read?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Forrester Research in November 2013.

A recruiter called me in November 2013 for a screening and then I got an in person interview a few days later. I interviewed with four separate people through video conference and then went back a few days later to meet with three more people in the office. They called to tell me that they were reworking the position and that I would get more information shortly. To this day they have never told me that I did not get the position. I did reach out to the recruiter I had been working with but she told me that they were still reworking things and that if I did not hear from her that it was not a negative sign. I would say that after four months it is safe to assume that I did not get the position. Considering how many interviews I went through you would think that they would do me the courtesy of telling me that I was not chosen. Obviously the way this whole process was handled was less than professional.

Forrester Research Response

Apr 28, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am disappointed to hear that a member of the talent acquisition team did not follow up and give you the respect of an update on the filled Office ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in October 2013.

Initial dialogue was made by a recruiter via Linked In in-mail. He/she would be the main contact in the hiring process.Then a phone interview as a screening process started within 1-2 weeks. If they felt the candidates have the right skill sets and background, they might bring them on-site for further group interview etc.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions were asked during initial screening process. The corporate recruiters were easy going and asking basic questions regarding the candidates' work history and relevant project experience.   View Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Long interview process, which was fantastic. Met with 6 different people individually for a half hour conversation each. Portfolio review/conversational style Q&A. Nothing daunting about the process, I felt prepared, and very welcomed. Everyone seemed to love working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Initial Communication was great, but faded as the interview process got longer. The process was long - 1 phone interview with the HR Recruiter. This recruiter then becomes your contact for the rest of the process. I then had 2 separate phone interviews with different vice presidents, and one 4-hour in person interview. Also had to take a skills test during the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A series of "either/or" questions that don't really have right or wrong answers. IE: "do you prefer working alone or in groups?" When I tried to say I can do both, the interviewer told me to pick one.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I was contacted by the hr and scheduled a phone interview later that week. The interview was typical. Basically we went through my recent research experiences. Talked about the skills I used in the research. She also asked about whether I'm willing to relocate and my salary expectation.

Research Associate Interview

I got an email from a recruiter saying she wanted to connect and talk about my background because she thought I was a good fit. 30 minutes prior to the interview, she vowed rescheduled and I never set a date. I had to call another recruiter and speak with her. She told me she would contact me within a few days to speak with a hiring manager, and after 3 emails and a phone call on my behalf, I never heard back.