Forrester Research Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

3.1

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled by HR rep for Researcher, Serving Infrastructure and Operations Professionals via e-mail. However, the HR rep interviewed me for research associate, Serving Information Technology Professionals when she called. It was a 30 minute interview which mostly went smoothly - interviewer was nice and friendly and easy to talk to. She asked about my visa status at the end of the interview. When I responded that it is an OPT work permit, she said that Forrester does not sponsor for H1 visas (even though I did not require said sponsorship for atleast a year and made that clear) for entry level positions but she would check with her manager and get back to me. I followed up but never heard back.

Interview Questions

Forrester Research Response

Sep 25, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your post. While I am disappointed that your feedback was shared in this forum, I would very much like to speak with you live and discuss both sides of the conversations with Forrester ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview

1) Best internal recruiter of all organizations I've interviewed with; truly showed a passion for the company and her job role. I was constantly apprised of my progress through the recruiting process - a lot more than can be said of some other companies. I certainly did not expect "hints" towards progressing through the process, but the team did everything to prepare me just short of throwing me the bone.
    2) Interviews were overall extremely conversational - don't you hate it when you get a green interviewer that follows a script???!?
    3) The interviewers sold the work/life balance, and it appears to be true.
    4) Being a consultant means you have to have the toolkit to be personable, make sure you yourself are a personable person.
    5) I've had MUCH more difficult interviews, ranging from amateur interviewers who asked me 50 questions on "tell me a situation...." to those that gave me cases that lack sufficient numbers to crack. This is cake (although I don't eat cake).
    6) Back to being personable - you will be presenting. Please be adequately prepared so you don't fumble for words. No one likes to sweat bullets, so the prudent thing to do is to prepare and do some dry runs.

Interview Questions

• Explain your xyz assumption (on case), which is not difficult so long as you were logical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are holistic - you ask for a pie, and you may get some pieces of the pie in return. Having said that, it really depends on what you bring to the table.

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

I am thrilled to hear of your positive experience interviewing at Forrester. We have invested a lot of time and effort in raising the bar within the recruitment team here and equipping hiring teams ... More

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview

They did a phone screening of about 30 minutes. Most of the questions were general and they just went over my resume and asked me questions about my experience at each internship. The interviewer was friendly and calm. I followed up with her through email but never got a reply.

Interview Questions

• Is technology something that interests you? Do you keep up with technology?   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your recent experience with Forrester. I apologize you did not hear back from your recruiter - this is NOT our standard practice. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to ... More

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen with an HR person. It was very straight forward, but I did have to email the individual twice to get a response.

Second interview was with a senior consultant in the group. This interview was a discussion of my background and why I would be a good fit for the group. Again, this interview very straight forward.

The third interview was with a director of the group. This is the interview in which I received the case question (refer to the "most difficult question" section). I was told that my answer was perfect. I was also told at the end of the interview that this person was going to send me information to review and that he was excited to speak with me again regarding the job after I had reviewed the materials. This was apparently a lie since I was not contacted by the company until I emailed the director and HR person several times each.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was fairly straightforward with one case question in the third round. I was asked what information I would like to know to decide whether or not a company should implement a project.   1 Answer

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your interview process at Forrester. While we strive to be proactive and keep up strong communication with each and every candidate, there are times where clearly ... More

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and within 30 minutes of submitting my application, HR contacted me about scheduling an interview. However, a couple of days before the interview, HR needed to reschedule which was not a problem. The day of the interview, I did not receive a call and I sent an email to follow up, in case something had come up and we needed to reschedule. However, it seems that the person I was supposed to interview with was actually out of the office the day she suggested we reschedule the interview. I never heard from them again.

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am really disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your application and interview. While we strive to have really clear, proactive communication with ... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview

I am currently being interviewed. I have been interviewed by the recruiter. The next step is to interview with the hiring manager and if that goes well will go on-site.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview

The process was extremely slow. From the initial phone call until the final interview was nearly 3 months. Communication was seriously lacking as I had to reach out to the HR person numerous times to find out if I was even still being considered. The people were very friendly and the process was interesting, but the lack of communication was frustrating, especially when it took more than two weeks after the interview and multiple phone calls and emails from me to get a voicemail from the HR person letting me know they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• A sales presentation had to be created and presented via video conference.   Answer Question

Apr 28, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. I am so sorry to hear the process took so long. We typically fill our Sales roles within 35 days, so am disappointed to hear about a 3 month process. More over, I am very ... More

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter for the company, the call went well. It was a standard 30-45 minute conversation with your typical screening questions. I was told I was one of the select few that were chosen for another interview and that it was a "cream of the crop" scenario. This was weird because I had zero experience within the industry (was looking for a career change). The second interview turned out to not be an interview at all but a meet and greet with "high ranking" employees. Well it was going to be a bunch of people trying to get their 2 seconds in with hiring managers and not something I was trying to do, I'm not into kissing shoes for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• When have you overcame an obstacle that would arise in the job you are applying for?   1 Answer

Apr 28, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback! Your experience is definitely not what we hope to see at Forrester. I apologize our Open House event was pitched to you as a full interview - however, it was a great ... More

Principal User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forrester Research (Cambridge, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was challenging but fair. Just about every candidate needs to give a presentation as part of the interview process. This was, of course, a little intimidating, but everyone was friendly and reasonable, with no "trick" questions. Forrester does this because so many roles here involve frequent presentations.

The process started with a phone interview with Forrester's contract recruiter. Then there was a phone screen with the hiring manager. I was asked to do some research "homework" to analyze part of their website, which took a while, but could be done on my own time.

Finally, there was a fairly exhausting, all-day on-site interview process, consisting of 5 or 6 one-on-one interviews, and a presentation which talked a bit about my history, as well as describing a project I did at another company while in a similar role. It was a long day, but I'd much rather get it all done at once that have to come back for a "round two" (which is always hard to arrange when discreetly trying to leave another company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to answer (as "homework") a series of questions about improving the company's web search functionality.   1 Answer

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Brought in like cattle to an "open house". There was a presentation by VP's, and then three interviews with two interviewers each. They didn't have my current resume, and didn't even notice until the end of the interview which struck me as absurd because I was specifically referring to duties that were nothing like my old position.