Forrester Research

72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Cambridge, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Forrester Research in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very basic phone screen. Reviewed my resume and interest in the position.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in April 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me for a phone interview. She was really nice and personable. I then had a 1:1 interview about two weeks later. That went well and I was called in for a final round of interviews another two weeks later and after that they wanted a writing sample. Everybody was great, but they wound up going with somebody who had more experience

Interview Questions

Consulting Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forrester Research in March 2009.

Interview Details – First I was phone screened by HR to make sure I wasn't insane and was currently employed as I said I was (totally an easy and normal interview). Then I came in for a super-well-run and organized interview where I met with an HR rep, then 5 people, including my future manager, her manager and 3 other team members, 2 were by phone. Sometimes I know Forrester does telepresence interviews when someone in the CA office interviews an MA candidate, etc. I felt that the interview wasn't incredibly difficult, maybe a medium level of difficulty. Every person was an hour or half hour and Forrester was extremely organized and cognizant of my time, keeping everything on schedule with HR as they understand candidates have other jobs they are leaving to come interview. After this 3 hour or so process, I had to phone interview with someone who was on vacation. After this I was called by HR within a few days and made an offer with an offer letter. The entire process from getting called to interview to the offer letter took only a week. It was extremely efficient and well-run, no rescheduling or second-guessing or keeping me hanging. I commend Forrester on the way they do this.

Interview Question – Describe how you would convince a difficult analyst to attend a consulting session when he or she simply does not want to go.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as I hated my current job at the time and was desperate to get out, and I still regret this. With this company you HAVE to negotiate because you won't be able to get much more than 3% a year once you're in.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in June 2011.

Interview Details – First round was a general phone interview for fit, with general recruiter.
Followed with 3 other phone interviews with people in the department I would be working with, including the hiring manager specific to that department.
Last was a face to face interview, in Boston, with more people from the department.

Interview Question – What would you do in xyz situation?   Answer Question

Project Consulting Manager Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in February 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a recruiter and the hiring manager and was then brought in to meet with the hiring manager and 2 team members. I thought each interview went really well. The process was communicated well, and happened in a timely manner.

I did not get an offer for this position but then they asked for me to apply for another position within the organization. I applied for that position and went through this whole process again plus a presentation and at the end was one of 2 final candidates and did not receive an offer. Although I enjoyed my experience with Forrester and enjoyed the people I met I was frustrated by the time taken and effort put into two high level preparatory interview processes with no offer or useful feedback besides the other candidate was a better fit. They must have known that before they asked me to go through several different interview steps.

Interview Question – What is your project management style   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in November 2010.

Interview Details – Friendly , intelligent people in a well organized and coordinated, outwardly congenial but "penetrating" process.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult failure you have experienced at work and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for an open position online and received a phone call/email from a recruiter less than a week later asking to schedule a phone interview. After a short "getting to know you" interview, I was contacted a few days later about an in-person interview. I came in about a week after scheduling an interview and interviewed with about five different people, who were all courteous and asked good questions about my skills. The day before my interview, the recruiter was nice enough to send me some "helpful tips" in order to have a successful interview, which was in fact very helpful. The recruiter said they would be in touch in the coming days, and sure enough, I received and accepted an offer four days later.

Interview Question – What is your experience working with (insert system/program/work style here).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation, but Forrester was very up-front about salary right from the outset and mentioned it during the initial phone screening. There are also opportunities for bonuses quarterly, which helps the salary non-negotiation, and with many opportunities to grow within the company and receive promotions, the salary isn't much of an issue.

Account Development Manager Interview

Account Development Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Forrester Research in October 2010.

Interview Details – From my first contact with the company to my last and most recent interview, a total of 8 months elapsed. The first time I interviewed, it was over the phone, first with a recruiter, then with the hiring manager. That position was not offered and the hiring manager left the company, I was later told.

Five months later, I was contacted regarding the same position, and underwent another phone interview, followed by a round of in-person peer interviews at the Dallas office. I was later told this position dematerialized (I was told no offer was made to anyone at that time).

Three months after that, I was invited back to the office to interview both with peers and hiring managers. At that point I was told not to expect an offer until as late as several months later.

In all three interviews, questions ranged from easy and conversational ("How did you hear about the position?") to calculated and probing ("What makes you well-suited for this position?"). The office culture seems really relaxed and open, which I liked. Training, mentoring and coaching seems readily available, which I also liked.

Interview Question – Your background doesn't really make you a natural fir for this position, so what makes you interested in sales?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Greenwich, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Forrester Research in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career center, was e-mailed a few weeks later by the firm to set up a time to meet for an interview. Was interviewed at a nearby college. The interview was very basic, just going through my resume, asking what my strengths/weaknesses were. My interviewer was a member of the firm and was terribly unexcited, which definitely made me uneasy.

Interview Question – Describe your greatest strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in July 2008.

Interview Details – After applying Monster.com and Forrester's career website, I received an email from the Recruiter. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter couple days later. Most of the questions were on my background, my familiarity with the company and what they do, and my experience of working with data. Once she realized I had some core competencies they were looking for, I had another phone interview with the Researcher from that team. This phone interview was more thorough. Asking about why I liked data, how much I felt comfortable with it, how I managed myself under stress, and examples of multitasking.

Few questions in there about what I liked to read and the reasons why. Basically trying to see if I was keeping up with Tech industry knowledge and what my personality was like.

After passing that test, I was asked to come in for an interview with the team. What I thought was an interview with 2-4 people, turned out to be an interview with 7! I was pretty exhausted at the end of it, but kept my energy up during the entire process which was one of the reasons I got hired (as well as my analytical background). The recruiter, understanding their website doesn't explain well the dynamics of Forrester's client groups, was great in breaking down to me IT, M&S, and Tech Industry groups before my interviews and answered questions I couldn't answer from my research of Forrester.

Each interviewer asked me different things. I met with the other RA on the team, an RA and Researcher from the sister team, 2 researchers from my team, the principal analyst, and the hiring manager (HM). The RA was mostly focused on what attracted me to Forrester and what I wanted out of it. The principal analyst was testing my data knowledge (have you done logistical regression before? for example), the other researcher on my team asked me a trick question to test if I can think on my feet, the HM asked me where I saw, etc.

Long process indeed, but to last at Forrester and be successful, you have to certain characteristics-- especially for the RA position, and HR makes sure of that.

Interview Question – If you could annex a state from the US, which one would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing much to negotiate for the RA position-- the salary is basically set in stone.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forrester Research