Forrester Research

Forrester Research Interview Questions & Reviews in London, England

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in December 2013.

It was first a telephone interview with the recruitment agent at Forrester then another telephone interview with the Manager/ Head of the Department the applied position was for. Pretty much the usual questions were asked - about previous experiences and elaborating on CV content.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had a difficult team member to deal with?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Very long interview process:
    1. 30-minute phone interview with HR recruiter
    2. Several 30-minute in-person/VC interviews with possible team members: between 4 and 6 phone interview to go to the second round
    3. An assignment: depending on the role, could be a presentation or a paper
    4. Final interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions in the first interview rounds: why Forrester? what do you want to do next?
      Questions around the competency benchmark skills: Forrester knowledge, sales skills, communication, time management, forecasting, etc.
      If you get to the 3rd round (assignment), typical assignments are: 30-60-90 presentation, if manager, coaching exercise, if analyst, presentation delivery on a specific topic.
        Answer Question
    Always ask for a bit more, as Forrester wages are a bit below market average, and salary reviews are tough (max. 10%).

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in October 2010.

Flow from step to step was swift and efficient. Offer clear and timely after final interview.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in August 2007.

The experience I had was relatively quick by company standards -- normally the process takes a month or two, where in my case it was a matter of weeks. I had 5 interviews prior to receiving an offer. In the order in which they occurred:

1) Phone interview with Director of European research
    2) Phone interview with Research Director of my prospective team
    3) 3 separate Face to face interviews (2 senior analysts, and 1 RA)

Everyone was friendly and imparted a strong positive company culture. The questions were varied, but focused mostly around IT markets (at the time the team I was applying for looked mainly at IT services and outsourcing). At this level they're not looking for someone who has expert knowledge in the subject area and basic knowledge should suffice. The key things they do look for are communication skills, writing ability, project management, and attention to detail.

My advice (especially once at the face-to-face interview phase), is to try to answer any questions about the IT market, but if you can't try to bring things back to topics you know about and are comfortable speaking about. A lot of the people in the company come from varied backgrounds and didn't join from IT backgrounds themselves so the key goal should be to prove your communication and writing skills.

Interview Questions
    • What's your knowledge of the main trends in the IT outsourcing market?   View Answer
    Not much. Given the low level of the position they're not willing to compromise very much.

Analyst firms like Forrester typically give a base salary + bonus. The area where there might be flexibility is in the bonus, so when negotiating that's where I'd focus. Its pretty tough to get them to move on the base salary unless they really need you or you're applying at a more senior level.

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!