Forrester Research

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forrester Research.

They did a phone screening of about 30 minutes. Most of the questions were general and they just went over my resume and asked me questions about my experience at each internship. The interviewer was friendly and calm. I followed up with her through email but never got a reply.

Interview Questions
  • Is technology something that interests you? Do you keep up with technology?   Answer Question

Forrester Research Response

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your recent experience with Forrester. I apologize you did not hear back from your recruiter - this is NOT our standard practice. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Forrester Research

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in June 2014.

I applied online and within 30 minutes of submitting my application, HR contacted me about scheduling an interview. However, a couple of days before the interview, HR needed to reschedule which was not a problem. The day of the interview, I did not receive a call and I sent an email to follow up, in case something had come up and we needed to reschedule. However, it seems that the person I was supposed to interview with was actually out of the office the day she suggested we reschedule the interview. I never heard from them again.

Forrester Research Response

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am really disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your application and interview. While we strive to have really clear, proactive communication with ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in October 2013.

Initial dialogue was made by a recruiter via Linked In in-mail. He/she would be the main contact in the hiring process.Then a phone interview as a screening process started within 1-2 weeks. If they felt the candidates have the right skill sets and background, they might bring them on-site for further group interview etc.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions were asked during initial screening process. The corporate recruiters were easy going and asking basic questions regarding the candidates' work history and relevant project experience.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Initial Communication was great, but faded as the interview process got longer. The process was long - 1 phone interview with the HR Recruiter. This recruiter then becomes your contact for the rest of the process. I then had 2 separate phone interviews with different vice presidents, and one 4-hour in person interview. Also had to take a skills test during the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A series of "either/or" questions that don't really have right or wrong answers. IE: "do you prefer working alone or in groups?" When I tried to say I can do both, the interviewer told me to pick one.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I got an email from a recruiter saying she wanted to connect and talk about my background because she thought I was a good fit. 30 minutes prior to the interview, she vowed rescheduled and I never set a date. I had to call another recruiter and speak with her. She told me she would contact me within a few days to speak with a hiring manager, and after 3 emails and a phone call on my behalf, I never heard back.

Research Associate Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, then a rather intensive 3 hour interview with multiple people on the team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Forrester Research.

Phone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forrester Research in June 2012.

Submitted my application online and had a phone interview set up five business days later. The phone interview occurred roughly two weeks after I'd submitted my application and it was pretty standard: resume questions and personal experiences. The interviewer was friendly and the conversation pretty enjoyable. However, he did tell me near the end that this position would not reimburse candidate travel. Given that I was about a thousand miles away, I suggested setting up a skype interview in lieu of an in-person one. He seemed amenable to that but stated that the person making the decision would be the hiring manager, who never wrote me back (although a different position I interviewed for with Forrester was ok with a skype interview, so apparently it depends on the manager).

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard. Look at other reviews for more specifics but basically just know what the company does, what the position does, why you're interested, and how it fits into your background and future goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Forrester Research in April 2012.

I found the hiring process to be fairly exhaustive for an entry-level position - I went through a phone screen with an HR person, then an additional half-hour screening with the hiring manager, then a 2.5-hour in-person interview with members of the hiring team. I was declined for the first position I interviewed for but HR recommended a different position for me, and I went through the whole process all over again - altogether it took 3 months between first interview and my start date.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly straightforward and common - questions about ideal working environment, most difficult work environment, most difficult boss, etc - the hard part was talking about negative experiences in a positive light.   Answer Question
    As it was an entry-level position, negotiation was almost non-existent. Even before we got to the offer phase, the HR rep was very straightforward - "this is the starting salary and it's non-negotiable."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Forrester Research in July 2008.

After applying Monster.com and Forrester's career website, I received an email from the Recruiter. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter couple days later. Most of the questions were on my background, my familiarity with the company and what they do, and my experience of working with data. Once she realized I had some core competencies they were looking for, I had another phone interview with the Researcher from that team. This phone interview was more thorough. Asking about why I liked data, how much I felt comfortable with it, how I managed myself under stress, and examples of multitasking.

Few questions in there about what I liked to read and the reasons why. Basically trying to see if I was keeping up with Tech industry knowledge and what my personality was like.

After passing that test, I was asked to come in for an interview with the team. What I thought was an interview with 2-4 people, turned out to be an interview with 7! I was pretty exhausted at the end of it, but kept my energy up during the entire process which was one of the reasons I got hired (as well as my analytical background). The recruiter, understanding their website doesn't explain well the dynamics of Forrester's client groups, was great in breaking down to me IT, M&S, and Tech Industry groups before my interviews and answered questions I couldn't answer from my research of Forrester.

Each interviewer asked me different things. I met with the other RA on the team, an RA and Researcher from the sister team, 2 researchers from my team, the principal analyst, and the hiring manager (HM). The RA was mostly focused on what attracted me to Forrester and what I wanted out of it. The principal analyst was testing my data knowledge (have you done logistical regression before? for example), the other researcher on my team asked me a trick question to test if I can think on my feet, the HM asked me where I saw, etc.

Long process indeed, but to last at Forrester and be successful, you have to certain characteristics-- especially for the RA position, and HR makes sure of that.

Interview Questions
    • If you could annex a state from the US, which one would it be and why?   Answer Question
    Nothing much to negotiate for the RA position-- the salary is basically set in stone.