Forrester Research

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter for the company, the call went well. It was a standard 30-45 minute conversation with your typical screening questions. I was told I was one of the select few that were chosen for another interview and that it was a "cream of the crop" scenario. This was weird because I had zero experience within the industry (was looking for a career change). The second interview turned out to not be an interview at all but a meet and greet with "high ranking" employees. Well it was going to be a bunch of people trying to get their 2 seconds in with hiring managers and not something I was trying to do, I'm not into kissing shoes for an entry level position.

Interview Question – When have you overcame an obstacle that would arise in the job you are applying for?   View Answer

Forrester Research Response

Apr 28, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback! Your experience is definitely not what we hope to see at Forrester. I apologize our Open House event was pitched to you as a full interview - however, it was a great ... More

Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is pretty standard, internal and external.

If you are external, they will do the phone screening process / skills tests / background check.

You might have another phone call with the recruiter after but more often than not they call you in for the in person interview.
The in person interview consists of 4 to 6, back to back, 30 minute interviews with relevant team members/management.

In general, they will all ask similar questions, with a few of their own to spice it up. Assuming you make it through that interview process, they may have you do a small sales presentation. Nothing to get nervous over, it's meant to see your raw speaking skills.

Interview Question – The generic situation / reaction questions: if you were put in this type of sales situation, how would you react and/or change your sales approach.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They were pretty set on the salary. I didn't negotiate much.

Sales Development Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email the next day. A phone interview was scheduled with the recruiter,who postponed it one hour before the interview itself for a week later and when the day came she didn't even call or email.Extremely unprofessional and a waste of candidates' time. I expect somebody to respond saying "This is not our standard practice". Well, it seems like it is as half the people here have had the same experience. You need to fire your recruiter and get somebody who appreciates potential employees a bit more.

Interview Question – No questions   Answer Question

Forrester Research Response

Aug 20, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your candid post. While no organization is perfect, I am happy to report our candidate experience satisfaction rate this past quarter is at 98%. While your experience is not common, it is ... More

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Development Specialist

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Forrester Research in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact made by recruiter once application made, to gauge wether you're suitable. If you're successful once a suitable role becomes available you will be contacted by the recruiter specifically recruiting for that particular role. At this stage I had a bad experience as the recruiter I had, kept rearranging interviews and I felt that I didn't want to continue as she was very poor at her job! Previous experiences were good, just had a problem with this individual, not a reflection on the company which I heard good things about!

Interview Question – 5 year goals?   View Answer

Interviewed at Forrester Research

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter to let them determine if I was worth passing onto the hiring manager.

I was brought in for one round of interviews and met with four people, about half an hour each. Pretty painless process, interviewers were friendly and easy going.

Interview Question – What do dislike about this job opportunity?   View Answer

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!