Forrester Research Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Brilliant communication during the process. I was very well looked after by the recruiter at Forrester Research and received relevant information to prepare for different stages of the interview process. The company was open to me asking questions about the process and preparation and ensured that I clearly understood the presentation task.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself, how would your friends describe you and then how wold your colleagues describe you.   Answer Question

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone Interview with manager and team member followed by a face to face interview. Face to face interviews are broken down into 3 separate interviews. First will be with a member of HR, second with a the accounts manager and lastly a third with a potential work colleague from the team. I felt the initial telephone interviews were not done correctly as I outlined my skills clearly at that phase and when called in for the face to face interviews, the Accounts Manager harshly asked me why I was even there? Apart from that I felt both the HR manager and team member interviewers were very polite, friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What have you heard/know about Forrester?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester Research.

Interview

Fist: a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Forrester Research in May 2014.

Interview

Initial contact made by recruiter once application made, to gauge wether you're suitable. If you're successful once a suitable role becomes available you will be contacted by the recruiter specifically recruiting for that particular role. At this stage I had a bad experience as the recruiter I had, kept rearranging interviews and I felt that I didn't want to continue as she was very poor at her job! Previous experiences were good, just had a problem with this individual, not a reflection on the company which I heard good things about!

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was first a telephone interview with the recruitment agent at Forrester then another telephone interview with the Manager/ Head of the Department the applied position was for. Pretty much the usual questions were asked - about previous experiences and elaborating on CV content.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a difficult team member to deal with?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very long interview process: 1. 30-minute phone interview with HR recruiter 2. Several 30-minute in-person/VC interviews with possible team members: between 4 and 6 phone interview to go to the second round 3. An assignment: depending on the role, could be a presentation or a paper 4. Final interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Typical questions in the first interview rounds: why Forrester? what do you want to do next? Questions around the competency benchmark skills: Forrester knowledge, sales skills, communication, time management, forecasting, etc. If you get to the 3rd round (assignment), typical assignments are: 30-60-90 presentation, if manager, coaching exercise, if analyst, presentation delivery on a specific topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask for a bit more, as Forrester wages are a bit below market average, and salary reviews are tough (max. 10%).

Consumer Data Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Extensive interview process. I had 4 interviews with various people in the team. Each interview would cover a specific area relevant for the job. Each team member would be involved in the recruitment process to assess the candidate, despite remote locations. Very thorough. Some of the interviews would take place over the phone or video camera. I would get quizzed on technical skills and requirements, as well as personal qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What environment do I thrive in?   1 Answer
    • What do I find the most interesting about the job?   1 Answer

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (London, England (UK)) in October 2010.

Interview

Flow from step to step was swift and efficient. Offer clear and timely after final interview.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forrester Research (London, England (UK)) in August 2007.

Interview

The experience I had was relatively quick by company standards -- normally the process takes a month or two, where in my case it was a matter of weeks. I had 5 interviews prior to receiving an offer. In the order in which they occurred: 1) Phone interview with Director of European research 2) Phone interview with Research Director of my prospective team 3) 3 separate Face to face interviews (2 senior analysts, and 1 RA) Everyone was friendly and imparted a strong positive company culture. The questions were varied, but focused mostly around IT markets (at the time the team I was applying for looked mainly at IT services and outsourcing). At this level they're not looking for someone who has expert knowledge in the subject area and basic knowledge should suffice. The key things they do look for are communication skills, writing ability, project management, and attention to detail. My advice (especially once at the face-to-face interview phase), is to try to answer any questions about the IT market, but if you can't try to bring things back to topics you know about and are comfortable speaking about. A lot of the people in the company come from varied backgrounds and didn't join from IT backgrounds themselves so the key goal should be to prove your communication and writing skills.

Interview Questions

• What's your knowledge of the main trends in the IT outsourcing market?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much. Given the low level of the position they're not willing to compromise very much. Analyst firms like Forrester typically give a base salary + bonus. The area where there might be flexibility is in the bonus, so when negotiating that's where I'd focus. Its pretty tough to get them to move on the base salary unless they really need you or you're applying at a more senior level.