Forsythe Technology Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Forsythe Technology in January 2013.

The interview process started early while I was working a contract position in January. I interviewed with the Manager of Professional Services first and it was a great interview. I immediately became excited about the opportunity. The second interview was equally as good with a more in-depth technical process.

Interview Questions
    • Cisco USC questions. I have no experience in that arena but it was understood. My contribution was to be more in the virtualization space.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I was satisfied with the compensation plan right away. Unfortunately, I dropped the ball and was not aggressive enough to increase my utilization numbers.

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Forsythe Technology in May 2011.

Four separate phone interviews: HR, Peer Level, VP, and Hiring Manager. Final interview was face to face.

I was well qualified for the position, so no questions really came as a surprise or were difficult. The general process was to evaluate personality fit, aptitude, desire to learn, and a few technical questions to ensure I knew my stuff. Some questions relating to past situations relating to the job.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forsythe Technology in January 2010.

Found and introduced by corporate recruiter. Phone screening by senior management lasted about an hour. Company had an urgent need to replace existing employee. Screening went well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to place in order the following by importance: documentation, process and communication.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. Not even able to get an extra week vacation given my experience. Was told everything was based on job title so nothing was negotiable.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Typical interview questions, they described the position in detail and asked how you can contribute to the company. Asked for experience examples

No negotiations, salary was exactly what I was looking for.

VMware Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Because of the acquisition, there wasn't any hiring.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forsythe Technology in March 2012.

I was initially interviewed for the Analyst position I am in now. They picked someone else for the job but hired me on to the position of Coordinator.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was trying to explain why I was out of the corporate world for a duration of time.   View Answer
    I got a call saying I didn't get the analyst position, but they were interested in me for a different position. There was no negotiation, it was more of a take it or leave it offer.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forsythe Technology in February 2009.

Forsythe website has job openings, and employees can make referrals. Once I was referred by an employee, an initial fit interview was conducted by HR. I then had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Finally, I came into the Skokie office for in-person interviews with a few senior managers in the Professional Services organization. In parallel, HR conducted a background check. I received a competitive offer within 2 days of the last round of interviews, and accepted the offer contingent on passing the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges did I encounter in my prior PMO leadership positions that I couldn't overcome and why?   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate base salary and vacation. With the additional ESOP benefits, it was an easy decision to accept the offer.

Technology Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forsythe Technology in May 2013.

Two phone interviews, one in person and a knowledge test at the end; all three were pretty informal and low pressure

Interview Questions
    negotiation was fair and by email

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forsythe Technology in August 2013.

I Interviewed with the Regional Sales Director in Charlotte at Dean & Deluca about 1 hour from my home office which was very odd considering Forsythe has a large office in the same city, Charlotte, NC. When I questioned her about the location of the interview, she mentioned she just likes to get out of the office. More than likely she was trying to be covert and trying to backfill a role that is already occupied and looking for what she considers to be a better candidate before firing the incumbent guy.
    Very unprofessional and disrespectful considering the senior level of sales position being considered and the fact that the internal recruiting team reached out to me because my background was such a "great fit". Needless to say, this location situation left me with a bad taste and was certainly an attempt by the interviewer, to manipulate the interview process and it certainly put the company in a vulnerable position for a harassment considering that the interviewer is a woman and I a man.

The rest of the interview was filled with questions about who I know and what accounts I can walk Forsythe into immediately once I start. The Regional Director was furiously taking
    notes about the major accounts that I mentioned and the associated decision makers at every account as well as specific pricing and deal structure.

This interview appeared to be nothing more than a data mining/prospecting expedition designed to discover new sales opportunities that she and her current team should undoubtedly have been aware of if sales objectives were being achieved in her department.
    Again, very unprofessional and a complete insult to my intelligence if the interviewer believed I would actually divulge any critical information that could actually lead to business for Forsythe before granting me an acceptable offer. I would caution any prospective employee to be very strategic with the type and quantity of information you offer to any hiring manager at Forsythe. This is certainly not standard practice in the industry.

After I refused to provide specific details about my clients and other proprietary information, the interview abruptly ended when the interviewer insisted that it would take me 18-24 months to ramp up to sell hardware based solutions and she preferred someone who could hit the ground running and this would be a tough transition for me at this point in my career. My experience includes fulfilling various quotas with numerous hardware manufacturers, managed service providers, cloud computing solutions as well as complex integration and professional services engagements. Most of this language can be found directly on the Forsythe website which is why the recruiters reached out to me in the first place. This was a bizarre interview experience with a manager who appears to be a rogue employee with suspicious motives

The bottom line after reading these reviews and going through an interview myself suggests this company is going through big changes as their margins are undoubtedly shrinking as the cloud service providers grab market share and Forsythe's clients are less interested in buying hardware to build their own data center. Capex vs. Opex. The internal recruiters seemed as frustrated as I was with these hiring practices and management seems to be in denial about the shrinking business model. My best advice is there are probably easier places to work.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Forsythe Technology.

I was called for an initial phone interview. That went well and they set up a second phone interview. After passing that I had to fill out an online application and had an in person interview with the head of the consulting department. Following that they requested 5 business references.

Interview Questions

Worked for Forsythe Technology? Contribute to the Community!