Forsythe Technology Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.9

Associate - Academy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Interview

Met a recruiter at an on-campus fair.
    1 Phone interview with HR
    2. On-site interview with members of consulting team. Great interview. The team really was interested in what I wanted as an employee

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Salary Negotiation

IT Applications Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Interview

HR recuriter provides phone screen, then initial interview. As I was a hiring manager there, you may expect initial phone screen and two interviews. Initial and follow-up. As a manager, my intitial interview took 7 hours as I met with seven differing levels of management, business analysts and resources that accessed candidates as a team.

Interview Questions

• You can expect common industry behavior based interview questions and possibly more functional/technical questions relating specifically to the role being filled.   Answer Question

Knowledge Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology (Skokie, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview Process:
    - Phone screen with in-house recruiter
    - Telephone interview with hiring manager
    - In person (5 - one on ones, panel) / Immediate team, closest business partners, hiring manager, human resources
    - In person (3 - one on ones, panel) / Sr. executive, technical teams, hiring manager

I found the organization and process to be tremendously professional and well executed. The recruiter (Mike) was wonderful in being prompt in calls/discussions, being flexible in times/days and just overall representing the organization. At no time did I feel abandoned during the process. In all actuality I felt that Forsythe has their recruiting process together more than several large cap Silicon Valley technology firms.

The interviewers have significant depth of experience in their discipline. I was impressed at the organization's investment and human capital representing knowledge management and business transformation. Each knowledge worker has an impressive resume and brings to the table fantastically refined and polished skill sets that are complimentary to their respective teams. At no time did I sense there would be overlap in function, but a carefully executed delivery process which ensure best-of-breed solutions and knowledge are delivered quickly and effectively.

Interviewers were well prepared in advance and elicited responses in not only the operational aspects of tools that the position would leverage but how to assemble and formulate a complete cohesive strategic approach that scales appropriately with the size and experience of the user base. It was quite clear that the position provided a great deal of long term opportunities, and each interviewer was able to clearly articulate where and how you would partner on an immediate basis but also solidify solid shared service offerings to bring about efficiency and innovation.

Interviews were comfortable and very conversational. At no point did I feel defensive of my career and felt I had to justify what I have done. Each experience seemed to resonate with the organization and introduced an alternative way of looking at a business problem. There was open dialog on all accounts and transparency was two fold.

It was the most difficult decision I ever made to pass on the opportunity but the commute was just not feasible. Should opportunities develop in the future and the commute was no longer an issue I would jump at the chance to join the organization.

Interview Questions

• How do you negotiate conflicting demands from the varying groups within a professional services organization?   Answer Question
    • What is your recommended approach in collecting metadata surrounding knowledge materials?   Answer Question
    • What are your feelings (really strengths/weaknesses) on the following technology solutions?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Interview

I had a really unfortunate and disconnected process while interviewing with this firm. It took three months from the first point of contact to the last interview and I never even got a" thanks, but no thanks" email, phone call or follow-up. The couple HR reps that I met in the office were dismissive and seemingly too busy to conduct an interview. Hopefully they weren't representative of the type of people who work there. You know that when HR and the recruiting department is not on top of their game in the interview process, you have to wonder what kind of candidates are slipping into that organization. Probably not top talent. Overall, I wasn't left with some impression that this is a great or dynamic place to work after the conclusion of my in-person interview. Since I never heard back on the status of my candidacy, I have to assume there is no thought put into how they treat others outside of their organization and how their reputation is received externally.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions because the interviewers were pretty inexperienced. I just felt that I couldn't get great information about the position or the company from the two people I spoke to in person. There just seemed to be a negative (or just no) energy in that space- I don't know that I could be motivated to work hard 8 hours a day based on the two people I met.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Interview

Typical interview questions, they described the position in detail and asked how you can contribute to the company. Asked for experience examples

Negotiation

No negotiations, salary was exactly what I was looking for.

VMware Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Interview

Because of the acquisition, there wasn't any hiring.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Forsythe Technology in August 2013.

Interview

I Interviewed with the Regional Sales Director in Charlotte at Dean & Deluca about 1 hour from my home office which was very odd considering Forsythe has a large office in the same city, Charlotte, NC. When I questioned her about the location of the interview, she mentioned she just likes to get out of the office. More than likely she was trying to be covert and trying to backfill a role that is already occupied and looking for what she considers to be a better candidate before firing the incumbent guy.
    Very unprofessional and disrespectful considering the senior level of sales position being considered and the fact that the internal recruiting team reached out to me because my background was such a "great fit". Needless to say, this location situation left me with a bad taste and was certainly an attempt by the interviewer, to manipulate the interview process and it certainly put the company in a vulnerable position for a harassment considering that the interviewer is a woman and I a man.

The rest of the interview was filled with questions about who I know and what accounts I can walk Forsythe into immediately once I start. The Regional Director was furiously taking
    notes about the major accounts that I mentioned and the associated decision makers at every account as well as specific pricing and deal structure.

This interview appeared to be nothing more than a data mining/prospecting expedition designed to discover new sales opportunities that she and her current team should undoubtedly have been aware of if sales objectives were being achieved in her department.
    Again, very unprofessional and a complete insult to my intelligence if the interviewer believed I would actually divulge any critical information that could actually lead to business for Forsythe before granting me an acceptable offer. I would caution any prospective employee to be very strategic with the type and quantity of information you offer to any hiring manager at Forsythe. This is certainly not standard practice in the industry.

After I refused to provide specific details about my clients and other proprietary information, the interview abruptly ended when the interviewer insisted that it would take me 18-24 months to ramp up to sell hardware based solutions and she preferred someone who could hit the ground running and this would be a tough transition for me at this point in my career. My experience includes fulfilling various quotas with numerous hardware manufacturers, managed service providers, cloud computing solutions as well as complex integration and professional services engagements. Most of this language can be found directly on the Forsythe website which is why the recruiters reached out to me in the first place. This was a bizarre interview experience with a manager who appears to be a rogue employee with suspicious motives

The bottom line after reading these reviews and going through an interview myself suggests this company is going through big changes as their margins are undoubtedly shrinking as the cloud service providers grab market share and Forsythe's clients are less interested in buying hardware to build their own data center. Capex vs. Opex. The internal recruiters seemed as frustrated as I was with these hiring practices and management seems to be in denial about the shrinking business model. My best advice is there are probably easier places to work.

Technology Acquisition Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology (Skokie, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one in person and a knowledge test at the end; all three were pretty informal and low pressure

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation was fair and by email

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Interview

I was called for an initial phone interview. That went well and they set up a second phone interview. After passing that I had to fill out an online application and had an in person interview with the head of the consulting department. Following that they requested 5 business references.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forsythe Technology (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process started early while I was working a contract position in January. I interviewed with the Manager of Professional Services first and it was a great interview. I immediately became excited about the opportunity. The second interview was equally as good with a more in-depth technical process.

Interview Questions

• Cisco USC questions. I have no experience in that arena but it was understood. My contribution was to be more in the virtualization space.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was satisfied with the compensation plan right away. Unfortunately, I dropped the ball and was not aggressive enough to increase my utilization numbers.