Forsythe Technology

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Forsythe Technology.

I had a really unfortunate and disconnected process while interviewing with this firm. It took three months from the first point of contact to the last interview and I never even got a" thanks, but no thanks" email, phone call or follow-up. The couple HR reps that I met in the office were dismissive and seemingly too busy to conduct an interview. Hopefully they weren't representative of the type of people who work there. You know that when HR and the recruiting department is not on top of their game in the interview process, you have to wonder what kind of candidates are slipping into that organization. Probably not top talent. Overall, I wasn't left with some impression that this is a great or dynamic place to work after the conclusion of my in-person interview. Since I never heard back on the status of my candidacy, I have to assume there is no thought put into how they treat others outside of their organization and how their reputation is received externally.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions because the interviewers were pretty inexperienced. I just felt that I couldn't get great information about the position or the company from the two people I spoke to in person. There just seemed to be a negative (or just no) energy in that space- I don't know that I could be motivated to work hard 8 hours a day based on the two people I met.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Typical interview questions, they described the position in detail and asked how you can contribute to the company. Asked for experience examples

No negotiations, salary was exactly what I was looking for.

VMware Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology.

Because of the acquisition, there wasn't any hiring.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Forsythe Technology in August 2013.

I Interviewed with the Regional Sales Director in Charlotte at Dean & Deluca about 1 hour from my home office which was very odd considering Forsythe has a large office in the same city, Charlotte, NC. When I questioned her about the location of the interview, she mentioned she just likes to get out of the office. More than likely she was trying to be covert and trying to backfill a role that is already occupied and looking for what she considers to be a better candidate before firing the incumbent guy.
    Very unprofessional and disrespectful considering the senior level of sales position being considered and the fact that the internal recruiting team reached out to me because my background was such a "great fit". Needless to say, this location situation left me with a bad taste and was certainly an attempt by the interviewer, to manipulate the interview process and it certainly put the company in a vulnerable position for a harassment considering that the interviewer is a woman and I a man.

The rest of the interview was filled with questions about who I know and what accounts I can walk Forsythe into immediately once I start. The Regional Director was furiously taking
    notes about the major accounts that I mentioned and the associated decision makers at every account as well as specific pricing and deal structure.

This interview appeared to be nothing more than a data mining/prospecting expedition designed to discover new sales opportunities that she and her current team should undoubtedly have been aware of if sales objectives were being achieved in her department.
    Again, very unprofessional and a complete insult to my intelligence if the interviewer believed I would actually divulge any critical information that could actually lead to business for Forsythe before granting me an acceptable offer. I would caution any prospective employee to be very strategic with the type and quantity of information you offer to any hiring manager at Forsythe. This is certainly not standard practice in the industry.

After I refused to provide specific details about my clients and other proprietary information, the interview abruptly ended when the interviewer insisted that it would take me 18-24 months to ramp up to sell hardware based solutions and she preferred someone who could hit the ground running and this would be a tough transition for me at this point in my career. My experience includes fulfilling various quotas with numerous hardware manufacturers, managed service providers, cloud computing solutions as well as complex integration and professional services engagements. Most of this language can be found directly on the Forsythe website which is why the recruiters reached out to me in the first place. This was a bizarre interview experience with a manager who appears to be a rogue employee with suspicious motives

The bottom line after reading these reviews and going through an interview myself suggests this company is going through big changes as their margins are undoubtedly shrinking as the cloud service providers grab market share and Forsythe's clients are less interested in buying hardware to build their own data center. Capex vs. Opex. The internal recruiters seemed as frustrated as I was with these hiring practices and management seems to be in denial about the shrinking business model. My best advice is there are probably easier places to work.

Technology Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology in May 2013.

Two phone interviews, one in person and a knowledge test at the end; all three were pretty informal and low pressure

Interview Questions
    negotiation was fair and by email

Associate Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Forsythe Technology.

I was called for an initial phone interview. That went well and they set up a second phone interview. After passing that I had to fill out an online application and had an in person interview with the head of the consulting department. Following that they requested 5 business references.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forsythe Technology in January 2013.

The interview process started early while I was working a contract position in January. I interviewed with the Manager of Professional Services first and it was a great interview. I immediately became excited about the opportunity. The second interview was equally as good with a more in-depth technical process.

Interview Questions
    • Cisco USC questions. I have no experience in that arena but it was understood. My contribution was to be more in the virtualization space.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I was satisfied with the compensation plan right away. Unfortunately, I dropped the ball and was not aggressive enough to increase my utilization numbers.

Technology Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology.

The interview process was pretty standard. I interviewed with the five heads of the department. There was nothing out of the ordinary. They gave a brief into to the company and I provided them with some details of my experience and skills.

They should have provided more insight into what the job entailed, particularly around the busy periods. But they did not, and I can't help to think that it's an intentional practice. Not many companies around that are willing to tell you that the sheer volume of work you'll be required to manage could make you mad.

HR was a bit pushy. I wanted to negotiate for more pay because the job would entail much more than what I was making before. When I asked HR about it, they seemed mildly aggressive to getting the deal done.

Reception Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forsythe Technology in May 2012.

I'm sure it is assumed this all my fault. Maybe it is. I don't know. I was called by a recruiter who set an appointment for me about a week into the future for an interview. I showed up and was informed that the person that was to interview me was not actually working in the office that day and that I should have rescheduled. The recruiter was apparently supposed to have informed me of this. I received no email nor did I receive any phone call/voicemail containing this information. I do admit I was supposed to receive a confirmation email that never came, so perhaps the lack of confirmation email meant I should have assumed I was rejected.

At Forsythe everyone I encountered was friendly and respectful and I was directed to call the recruiter and reschedule. I attempted to do so. She seemed confused about who I was or why I was calling. Then she apologized for the mix-up, said she'd call the department I was interviewing to be a part of at Forsythe and get it sorted out. Then she'd call me in the evening. She never called. I'm moving on.

So technically I did not actually interview, but I had a generally embarrassing and unpleasant experience as in my mind it looks like I'm a total flake. Just glad I didn't get all excited and buy new clothes I couldn't afford. The only loss was the gas money (which I also couldn't really afford but at least it was only $20). Also the ad posted stated the job was near Lincolnshire but it is actually near Lincolnwood. As I didn't actually interview I don't know if the interview was at one location, the job at another. Just a really confusing experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forsythe Technology in March 2012.

I was initially interviewed for the Analyst position I am in now. They picked someone else for the job but hired me on to the position of Coordinator.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was trying to explain why I was out of the corporate world for a duration of time.   View Answer
    I got a call saying I didn't get the analyst position, but they were interested in me for a different position. There was no negotiation, it was more of a take it or leave it offer.