Fort Bend ISD Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.7

Teacher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD.

Applications are submitted to HR and principals can access them. Best bet is to contact a principal you are interested in working with directly and letting them know you have applied.

No negotiation.

Special Education Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD.

My experiences took place 18 years ago and the process has since changed. I am unaware of the current process. I was initially interviewed at a teacher job fair. The administrators from my campus then called me for a second interview on campus.

There was no negotiation - public school system.

Special Education Teacher Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD in October 2013.

The interview was good. All Special Education Teacher were there, and the Principal and her Assistant too. All of them introduce them self and said a brief description of their job duties.
    The Principal asked me many questions about my self and my prior experiences

Interview Questions
    • One question was difficult. I need to choose what is first between my family or my job.   View Answer
    My salary was accordingly with the District policies and rules. It is the first time in USA than I work in Special Education field, so my salary rate is the lowest. The District did not recognize my Speech Pathology bachelor degree from my country, neither my Bilingual Teacher experience in this country.

Teacher Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fort Bend ISD.

Apply and send resumes to individual principals. Do the research in finding a high performing school without overbearing parents.
    The interviews were pretty easy. Some principals were desperate and would hire anyone. Some principals will seek out something specific and will be picky.
    New hires go through orientation before reporting to campus for the regular contracted days.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Assistant Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD in June 2010.

The interviews are good and the ppl who interview you are friendly and they ask you if you have any experience with kids before and how you would feel working with a certain group.

English Language Arts Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD in April 2008.

I was interviewed at a district job fair by a number of schools and after a successful performance and thorough background check, I was offeered a position which initiated me leaving my home state for a new opportunity to teach in a new region of the country.

Interview Questions
    • How do you successfully handle behavioral problems in the classroom?   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD in January 2012.

meeting with principal and nurse

non-negotiable

Science Teacher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD in April 2009.

HR manager was able to make decision right away

Teacher Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD in June 2008.

Intelegent principal met with and hired me on the spot.

There was no negotiation