Fort Bend ISD Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD.

Interview

arrived to the interview 10 min early. was not greeted with a handshake. very cold personalities. two person panel interview. interviewers did not introduce themselves and made the interview very uncomfortable.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD.

Interview

Applications are submitted to HR and principals can access them. Best bet is to contact a principal you are interested in working with directly and letting them know you have applied.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fort Bend ISD in May 2014.

Interview

I signed up for an interview at a job fare on a college campus. I went from there to an All Star job fare where they were handing out contracts for the district, and got another interview there. They seemed to want me to join them, but also keep their options open till the last minute. A few weeks later they followed up with a call to set up an interview on site. I met them there, talked to their Principal and Vice Principal, and didn't get answer yet. I waited about 2 weeks before they finally said they wanted me. Overall, it took a long time to be certain and many people told you different things, so it was hard to know what to believe.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted, and there was no negotiation really. The Salary at FBISD Is very competitive.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD.

Interview

My experiences took place 18 years ago and the process has since changed. I am unaware of the current process. I was initially interviewed at a teacher job fair. The administrators from my campus then called me for a second interview on campus.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - public school system.

Special Education Teacher Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD (Sugar Land, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was good. All Special Education Teacher were there, and the Principal and her Assistant too. All of them introduce them self and said a brief description of their job duties.
    The Principal asked me many questions about my self and my prior experiences

Interview Questions

• One question was difficult. I need to choose what is first between my family or my job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My salary was accordingly with the District policies and rules. It is the first time in USA than I work in Special Education field, so my salary rate is the lowest. The District did not recognize my Speech Pathology bachelor degree from my country, neither my Bilingual Teacher experience in this country.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fort Bend ISD.

Interview

Apply and send resumes to individual principals. Do the research in finding a high performing school without overbearing parents.
    The interviews were pretty easy. Some principals were desperate and would hire anyone. Some principals will seek out something specific and will be picky.
    New hires go through orientation before reporting to campus for the regular contracted days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Assistant Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD (Sugar Land, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

The interviews are good and the ppl who interview you are friendly and they ask you if you have any experience with kids before and how you would feel working with a certain group.

English Language Arts Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD (Missouri City, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed at a district job fair by a number of schools and after a successful performance and thorough background check, I was offeered a position which initiated me leaving my home state for a new opportunity to teach in a new region of the country.

Interview Questions

• How do you successfully handle behavioral problems in the classroom?   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD in January 2012.

Interview

meeting with principal and nurse

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Science Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fort Bend ISD in April 2009.

Interview

HR manager was able to make decision right away