Fort Bend ISD

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Special Education Teacher Interview

Special Education Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fort Bend ISD.

Interview Details – My experiences took place 18 years ago and the process has since changed. I am unaware of the current process. I was initially interviewed at a teacher job fair. The administrators from my campus then called me for a second interview on campus.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - public school system.

Special Education Teacher Aide Interview

Special Education Teacher Aide
Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fort Bend ISD in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was good. All Special Education Teacher were there, and the Principal and her Assistant too. All of them introduce them self and said a brief description of their job duties.
The Principal asked me many questions about my self and my prior experiences

Interview Question – One question was difficult. I need to choose what is first between my family or my job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My salary was accordingly with the District policies and rules. It is the first time in USA than I work in Special Education field, so my salary rate is the lowest. The District did not recognize my Speech Pathology bachelor degree from my country, neither my Bilingual Teacher experience in this country.

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied in-person and interviewed at Fort Bend ISD.

Interview Details – Apply and send resumes to individual principals. Do the research in finding a high performing school without overbearing parents.
The interviews were pretty easy. Some principals were desperate and would hire anyone. Some principals will seek out something specific and will be picky.
New hires go through orientation before reporting to campus for the regular contracted days.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

English Language Arts Teacher Interview

English Language Arts Teacher
Missouri City, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fort Bend ISD in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed at a district job fair by a number of schools and after a successful performance and thorough background check, I was offeered a position which initiated me leaving my home state for a new opportunity to teach in a new region of the country.

Interview Question – How do you successfully handle behavioral problems in the classroom?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Nurse Interview

Nurse

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Fort Bend ISD in January 2012.

Interview Details – meeting with principal and nurse

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Very Difficult Interview

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Fort Bend ISD in June 2008.

Interview Details – Intelegent principal met with and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – What is your philosophy of teaching?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Science Teacher Interview

Science Teacher

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fort Bend ISD in April 2009.

Interview Details – HR manager was able to make decision right away

Worked for Fort Bend ISD? Contribute to the Community!