Fort Dearborn

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fort Dearborn

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fort Dearborn in November 2012.

The hiring process is usually conducted on one weekend where prospective candidates will come and spend the day at the corporate office. Here they will receive a tour of the facility and also have 4 interviews with Sr MGMT. The interviews are based on high school accomplishments, college accomplishments, future goals, strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • The basic interview questions are asked. Should not be difficult.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate initial starting salary

Parts Washer/Parts Maintanace Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fort Dearborn in June 2011.

The first session of orientation begins at the staffing agency, which will cover topics of safety and work ethic/punctuality. A resume is created there through a series of queries via computer, and the result is submitted to the company.
    Next, if approved, there will be an in-house 1:1 interview with someone in management. This is followed by more video/slideshow orientation. Next, a tour of the facilities and an explanation of required PPE for appropriate locations.
    During the first few weeks/over the next month there will be a quiz covering your specific training and over other procedures. Refresher training is freely given at employee's/associates request.

Interview Questions
    I have a bachelors degree and 7 years of mechanical experience (ranging from electrical, HVAC-R, and boiler making experience etc.) but still did not fill the open position in the parts washing/parts maintenance department. I was hired under the pretense of being a parts washer---which is what was suggested after my resume query. During my second, in-house 1:1, interview that was changed to a packing position---no explanation as to why. From there I was able to unhappily negotiate to be an operator instead.

I advise being honest and accurate during all interviews but beware that all information from your first interview might not be accurate or passed on to the next. Be ready to explain what your impressions were from the first interview, so that you can be on the same page and avoid confusion during the next interview.