Fort Worth Independent School District

Updated Dec 12, 2014

1.8

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District in January 2014.

There is almost no interview process for this job. You will fill out an online application and send a resume online. They will ask permission for a background check. After this you will be asked to come in and answer some questions on paper about certain hypothetical situations. This is very short and done in a room with other prospective employees. It plays out like a pop quiz. Once you have been hired, a more extensive background check will be done and you will be fingerprinted. There is generally no drug test done for this job but they can require a drug test at any time. There was never a sit down or phone interview for this job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no one on one questions for this process but some of the quiz questions seemed like trick questions.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. You will be paid what every other sub is paid per day. This will only change district wide and is not likely to change much.

Bus Driver/School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District in November 2013.

The hiring for Bus Driver goes very fast because of the shortage of drivers. Only interviewed once. Then they select you or not. The hiring and interviewing process very simple.

Interview Questions
    They have a starting set pay.

Data Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District in July 2013.

Interview was conducted in a group setting. Chair offered was lowered, lower than any other in the room. Questions were geared toward an administrative setting. No time to talk about myself. They started with questions about the position and knew very little of me when I left the room.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to look over a data sheet and answer what would be the first area of concern and was given very little time to process the data.   Answer Question

Network Specialist Interview

Just one face to face interview. Four people in the committee they were 10 questions about the network.

Full Time Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District in February 2010.

The questions were as straightforward as could be imagined. They were just happy that I had a solid degree and educational background. There was also a bit of personality testing involved in the questions and answers that they wanted to get through. All in all, it seemed they just needed some people who had some academic background and a will to endure the swings of classroom antics often involved with in substituting. In the end, I DO think it helps to maintain a little more cohesiveness to the education system having these kinds of go-to teachers involved.

Interview Questions
    It was a low level job, and they were happy for me to help out. I needed the work while helping take care of family issues for a semester.

Tutor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fort Worth Independent School District in January 2010.

The interview went very well. i met with the teacher I would be assisting and we talked a bit about the goals of the tutoring program. The hiring process did take a while. Had to get finger printed and receive id at an office that was far from the school I would be working at. But it is understandable considering I would be working at a middle school.

Didn't negotiate.