Fortinet

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Dev QA Engineer II Interview

Software Dev QA Engineer II
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fortinet in March 2013.

Interview Details – All Easy questions , Mostly on wireless Security and Testing. Interview process had the following persons interviewing me 1.Manager 2.Director 3.Sr. Director 4.HR. The total duration of the interview was less than 5 hours on a work day.

Interview Question – Why did you want to leave your previous concern   Answer Question

Junior Software Development Engineer Interview

Junior Software Development Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fortinet in April 2014.

Interview Details – I initially had a short chat on the phone with the recruiter and she explained what the company does and what the role is etc. She then set up a technical onsite interview with 2 engineers for 1 hour. The engineers had a hard time communicating in English and kept talking to each other during the interview in Chinese which was very unprofessional. Although I applied to a front end role, they asked me questions on C/C++. I was asked to write on the board- most of the questions were on array manipulations and circular array implementations.

After a week, I was contacted for another onsite interview with the hiring manager and VP. The hiring manager asked me questions on hashing and networking. Later the VP asked behavioral questions, my salary expectations and indicated that everyone likes me and that he is planning to hire me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was asked what my salary expectation was and I told them to which they agreed. They also have good RSU stock options to choose.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fortinet.

Interview Details – 1st round, phone interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, network questions, OS, Linux kernel, some behavior questions.
2nd round, on site interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, same as the first round, but an on site interview.
3rd round, programming test, linked list delete node, implement a system function, maze.

Human Resources Position Interview

Human Resources Position
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fortinet.

Interview Details – Contact was initiated by HR via professional network site. Went through phone interview with a recruiter and then on-site interview with 3 people over a 2 hour period and then final phone interview with an off-site senior manager. I was informed I would receive a response via a specific timeframe. It was the last I heard from anyone.

Overall interview process was positive, but it was rather unprofessional that I was told that I would be contacted again within a certain timeframe and there was no communication follow through.

Interview Question – Behavioral-based questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Kernel Developer Interview

Senior Kernel Developer
Millerton, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fortinet in June 2013.

Interview Details – First with general self introduction. Then hardware environment and file system in OS project? Read TCP/IP Illustrated? Used WireShark before? Any depth information in CVIP projects? Finally, any questions for him? (Me) What's his specific work? What are the advantage and disadvantage sides of Fortinet?

Interview Question – No tough question.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fortinet.

Interview Details – Standard phone interview with some questions regarding what's on your resume; followed by general questions from the classes you've taken in your university.

In person interview with group/panel lasted roughly 2 hours, here they ask you technical questions ranging from algorithms to brain teasers.

i.e. Operating Systems, Data Structures, etc.

Interview Question – Topics: PHP, databases, MySQL, etc   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fortinet in October 2009.

Interview Details – Straightforward -- phone screen, then an in office visit including 4 seperate 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – Discuss your previous marketing experiences   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fortinet in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied the job online. I was first asked to take a written test on programming. It's not difficult at all. Then it is the test to solve 5 programming problems in computer. Finally it a face to face interview.

Interview Question – The difficult problem is a depth first search problem. Looks quite simple, but it takes a long time to solve it.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fortinet in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview had two parts, written exam followed by an oral interview. The written exam was about 20 multiple choice questions and the rest were "many" coding questions (6 or 7 pages long). Then they asked about my resume, the project I am currently working on and the ones that I may like to work on in this company.

Interview Question – Detailed questions about the projects that I had done more than 5 years ago, like the number of lines in the C codes I wrote for a project ! Or the number of functions that I had written for a C code 7 years ago... !   Answer Question

Major Account Manager, Vietnam Interview

Major Account Manager, Vietnam
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fortinet in December 2010.

Interview Details – Private relationship with key person that leads to meet final decision maker. Three interviews with hiring manager for detail scope of work, VP sales for strategy and planning and HR manager for income

Interview Question – -Can you get $2 millions revenue for the first-year?   Answer Question

Worked for Fortinet? Contribute to the Community!