Fortinet Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

3.1

Software Dev QA Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Fortinet in March 2013.

All Easy questions , Mostly on wireless Security and Testing. Interview process had the following persons interviewing me 1.Manager 2.Director 3.Sr. Director 4.HR. The total duration of the interview was less than 5 hours on a work day.

Junior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fortinet in April 2014.

I initially had a short chat on the phone with the recruiter and she explained what the company does and what the role is etc. She then set up a technical onsite interview with 2 engineers for 1 hour. The engineers had a hard time communicating in English and kept talking to each other during the interview in Chinese which was very unprofessional. Although I applied to a front end role, they asked me questions on C/C++. I was asked to write on the board- most of the questions were on array manipulations and circular array implementations.

After a week, I was contacted for another onsite interview with the hiring manager and VP. The hiring manager asked me questions on hashing and networking. Later the VP asked behavioral questions, my salary expectations and indicated that everyone likes me and that he is planning to hire me.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what my salary expectation was and I told them to which they agreed. They also have good RSU stock options to choose.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fortinet.

1st round, phone interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, network questions, OS, Linux kernel, some behavior questions.
    2nd round, on site interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, same as the first round, but an on site interview.
    3rd round, programming test, linked list delete node, implement a system function, maze.

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fortinet.

Contact was initiated by HR via professional network site. Went through phone interview with a recruiter and then on-site interview with 3 people over a 2 hour period and then final phone interview with an off-site senior manager. I was informed I would receive a response via a specific timeframe. It was the last I heard from anyone.

Overall interview process was positive, but it was rather unprofessional that I was told that I would be contacted again within a certain timeframe and there was no communication follow through.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral-based questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Senior Kernel Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Millerton, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millerton, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fortinet in June 2013.

First with general self introduction. Then hardware environment and file system in OS project? Read TCP/IP Illustrated? Used WireShark before? Any depth information in CVIP projects? Finally, any questions for him? (Me) What's his specific work? What are the advantage and disadvantage sides of Fortinet?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Fortinet.

Standard phone interview with some questions regarding what's on your resume; followed by general questions from the classes you've taken in your university.

In person interview with group/panel lasted roughly 2 hours, here they ask you technical questions ranging from algorithms to brain teasers.

i.e. Operating Systems, Data Structures, etc.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fortinet in October 2009.

Straightforward -- phone screen, then an in office visit including 4 seperate 1:1 interviews.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fortinet.

Technical phone interview, then face to face interview (Technical), then HR phone interview and finally job offer to sign. Technical phone interview, then face to face interview (Technical), then HR phone interview and finally job offer to sign.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fortinet in August 2010.

I applied the job online. I was first asked to take a written test on programming. It's not difficult at all. Then it is the test to solve 5 programming problems in computer. Finally it a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult problem is a depth first search problem. Looks quite simple, but it takes a long time to solve it.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fortinet in March 2014.

The interview had two parts, written exam followed by an oral interview. The written exam was about 20 multiple choice questions and the rest were "many" coding questions (6 or 7 pages long). Then they asked about my resume, the project I am currently working on and the ones that I may like to work on in this company.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions about the projects that I had done more than 5 years ago, like the number of lines in the C codes I wrote for a project ! Or the number of functions that I had written for a C code 7 years ago... !   Answer Question

Worked for Fortinet? Contribute to the Community!