Fortinet

Fortinet Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fortinet.

1st round, phone interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, network questions, OS, Linux kernel, some behavior questions.
2nd round, on site interview, 2 hrs, 4 people from the same team, same as the first round, but an on site interview.
3rd round, programming test, linked list delete node, implement a system function, maze.

Other Interview Reviews for Fortinet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fortinet.

Standard phone interview with some questions regarding what's on your resume; followed by general questions from the classes you've taken in your university.

In person interview with group/panel lasted roughly 2 hours, here they ask you technical questions ranging from algorithms to brain teasers.

i.e. Operating Systems, Data Structures, etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

The initial screening test took 2.5 hrs. I felt like writing an exam. Half of it was multiple choice questions and trivial programming questions. The next half was more realistic programming questions. I did not have enough time to complete the final question in the second half of this test.

Nevertheless, they invited me in for an in-person interview. There were three guys in the interview asking general questions about programming, debugging and networking.

Interview Questions
    • I was not able to recall off my head what is the typical flag to pass to a common kernel function call.

The interview basically ended as soon as we talked about salary expectation. Interviewee should definitely research on glassdoor.com before talking to them.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fortinet in April 2011.

tel interview first.
    then onsite interview
    let you do some programming test, C.
    not hard.
    very nice people thier

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fortinet in June 2009.

Submitted the application online. The first phone screen is from HR asking some behavior questions and citizenship status. Followed by a on site skills test. Finally a 1:1 interview by four interviewers and each is about one hour.