Fortis SA/NV-Belgium

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriting Graduate Associate Interview

Southampton, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fortis SA/NV-Belgium in June 2012.

Interview Details – After few days from my online application, I received an invitation for a phone interview with about a week to get prepared.
Despite the appeasing past reviews from previous applicants, I have found the interview quite difficult.
After the usual question about "Why did you apply to Ageas/this programme?", two competency-based questions:
1) "Give me an example of a project where you had to change your attitude due to an unexpected event in order to achieve the final outcome" (no academic examples accepted)
2) "Give me an example when you had to deal with customers' demands or react to a bad customer service"

This experience left me an AWFUL impression about the company for various reasons:
1) Interviewers seemed not to be interested in my profile and they treated me like a dumb person (look, I am not Einstein or I don't speak a Shakespearean English but at least a bit of respect please; you have known me for 10 minutes for God's sake!);
2) They asked me questions that could not ever apply with my profile of no-work-experience and they didn't accept academic-based examples. I can understand it can be their policy... but if you have read my profile, why did you select me for the next step?
Furthermore, they sent me the rejection straight away after 2 minutes from the call. You spent a lot of time to make your decision, I see...
So far I had to deal with some recruiters and the professional ones usually prepare their questions tailoring to the profile of the candidate and make him/her comfortable. Ageas is simply the exception.

To sum up, it's the first time I feel humiliated after an interview.
It's sad to be said, but I wish all the worst events to these people.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fortis SA/NV-Belgium? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fortis SA/NV-Belgium interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Fortis SA/NV-Belgium employees and interview candidates.