FortisBC Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at FortisBC

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FortisBC (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and helpful during the process, but the recruiter was very unprofessional. When I was advised I did not get the job, the recruiter was very upbeat and laughed through her presentation of, "It was very close and you were a strong candidate, but we have decided to go with a someone else." I don't mind losing out on a job opportunity, but I objected to her gleeful tone in telling me I hadn't been chosen.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was based on a behavioural interview process and each department has their own questions specific to the position. One specific question asked was, "Can you remember a time when you have had difficulty in convincing your manager of a project or process. If yes, how did you approach the subject and were you successful?   Answer Question

Resource Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FortisBC in September 2010.

Interview

Started out with a phone interview with HR contact
    Followed-up with one-to-one on-site HR interview (two HR persons - different from on the phone)
    Followed-up with on-site testing (same day as above - included typing, basic computer skills, writing, spelling, basic math, and some behavioural-type written responses)
    Followed-up with in-person interview with hiring manager

Workplace culture, etc.: People were very friendly and knowledgeable. The interview was quite comfortable and relaxed, but still challenging and interesting. Appreciated the willingness to provide insights into company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to handle an upset or irate customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salaries were fairly set because of union requirements