FortisBC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Training Interview

Training
Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FortisBC in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewers were friendly and helpful during the process, but the recruiter was very unprofessional. When I was advised I did not get the job, the recruiter was very upbeat and laughed through her presentation of, "It was very close and you were a strong candidate, but we have decided to go with a someone else." I don't mind losing out on a job opportunity, but I objected to her gleeful tone in telling me I hadn't been chosen.

Interview Question – The interview process was based on a behavioural interview process and each department has their own questions specific to the position. One specific question asked was, "Can you remember a time when you have had difficulty in convincing your manager of a project or process. If yes, how did you approach the subject and were you successful?   Answer Question

Resource Management Interview

Resource Management

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FortisBC in September 2010.

Interview Details – Started out with a phone interview with HR contact
Followed-up with one-to-one on-site HR interview (two HR persons - different from on the phone)
Followed-up with on-site testing (same day as above - included typing, basic computer skills, writing, spelling, basic math, and some behavioural-type written responses)
Followed-up with in-person interview with hiring manager

Workplace culture, etc.: People were very friendly and knowledgeable. The interview was quite comfortable and relaxed, but still challenging and interesting. Appreciated the willingness to provide insights into company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to handle an upset or irate customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salaries were fairly set because of union requirements

Worked for FortisBC? Contribute to the Community!