FortisBC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2014
Updated Apr 2, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at FortisBC

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FortisBC in January 2014.

The interviewers were friendly and helpful during the process, but the recruiter was very unprofessional. When I was advised I did not get the job, the recruiter was very upbeat and laughed through her presentation of, "It was very close and you were a strong candidate, but we have decided to go with a someone else." I don't mind losing out on a job opportunity, but I objected to her gleeful tone in telling me I hadn't been chosen.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was based on a behavioural interview process and each department has their own questions specific to the position. One specific question asked was, "Can you remember a time when you have had difficulty in convincing your manager of a project or process. If yes, how did you approach the subject and were you successful?   Answer Question

Resource Management Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FortisBC in September 2010.

Started out with a phone interview with HR contact
    Followed-up with one-to-one on-site HR interview (two HR persons - different from on the phone)
    Followed-up with on-site testing (same day as above - included typing, basic computer skills, writing, spelling, basic math, and some behavioural-type written responses)
    Followed-up with in-person interview with hiring manager

Workplace culture, etc.: People were very friendly and knowledgeable. The interview was quite comfortable and relaxed, but still challenging and interesting. Appreciated the willingness to provide insights into company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to handle an upset or irate customer.   View Answer
    The salaries were fairly set because of union requirements

Worked for FortisBC? Contribute to the Community!