FortisBC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at FortisBC

Energy Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FortisBC.

Interview

Hiring manager and HR personnel present. HR personnel was very unprofessional, kept on yawning and showed disinterest. Made the interview much harder to focus as the HR person was disengaged. I couldn't focus because now I felt pressure to answer the questions while trying to entertain the people in the room. I'm usually excellent with interviews but this was very disappointing.

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FortisBC (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and helpful during the process, but the recruiter was very unprofessional. When I was advised I did not get the job, the recruiter was very upbeat and laughed through her presentation of, "It was very close and you were a strong candidate, but we have decided to go with a someone else." I don't mind losing out on a job opportunity, but I objected to her gleeful tone in telling me I hadn't been chosen.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was based on a behavioural interview process and each department has their own questions specific to the position. One specific question asked was, "Can you remember a time when you have had difficulty in convincing your manager of a project or process. If yes, how did you approach the subject and were you successful?   Answer Question

Resource Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC in September 2010.

Interview

Started out with a phone interview with HR contact Followed-up with one-to-one on-site HR interview (two HR persons - different from on the phone) Followed-up with on-site testing (same day as above - included typing, basic computer skills, writing, spelling, basic math, and some behavioural-type written responses) Followed-up with in-person interview with hiring manager Workplace culture, etc.: People were very friendly and knowledgeable. The interview was quite comfortable and relaxed, but still challenging and interesting. Appreciated the willingness to provide insights into company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to handle an upset or irate customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salaries were fairly set because of union requirements