Fortress Investment Group

Fortress Investment Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2013 SummerProgram Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fortress Investment Group in November 2012.

two interviewer. one is a portfolio manager and the other is risk management manager. general interview questions from the portfolio manager and explain my trading model to the risk management manager. what courses are you taking? what's your previous working experience? describe your stock market experience.

Part Time Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fortress Investment Group in April 2014.

I was offered Nespresso and watched like a lab rat for over 45 minutes. The person who was supposed to interview me never arrived. Apparently she was in a meeting.

A succession of three women, starting with a college intern, each "checked in" on me, presumably stalling until the interviewer would be free. They did not really ask me questions in a typical interview format, but were ultimately responsible for judging my behavior.

Three people from Fortress started following my Twitter account a week after the interview, although their decision to not move forward with me had already been made. Go figure.

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Interview process was very well-organized. Met with 3 people on the first round. After about 2 weeks, got a follow-up email for the second round. Met with 3 more people on the second round, but at a higher level in the department.

Interview Questions
    • How would your prior work experience help with the position that you are applying for?   Answer Question

Liquid Markets Operations Intern Interview

Got a phone interview. Asked me basic questions like why this job, tell me about your experiences at xyz company, how proficient are you with Excel, and what a V-lookup was. Unfortunately I didn't get the second round.

Interview Questions
    • None in particular, just research the company background and job posting.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fortress Investment Group in January 2012.

Represented by recruiter for a position in Accounting. Met with three people in my initial inteview for about 30 minutes each. The interview was very technical. Interviewed with people from the same group.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do this weekend?   View Answer
    • How does the waterfall calculation work? What are some of the items that can go wrong when calculating the waterfall?   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate any part of the deal. The "non compete" offer was very strict.

CDO - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fortress Investment Group in January 2008.

I met with a total of 9 ppl in 3 rounds of interviews. Just be prepared to back up your resume and answer a few technical (not very difficult) questions based on your experience listed on your resume. Research the company thoroughly beforehand and ask good questions. Fortress works its employees hard, be expected to be on your blackberry all the time and be ready to work late nights and weekends whenever needed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty standard interview questions, i.e. know your resume, why you a good fit for the company, why do you want to work for the company, etc.   Answer Question

Liquid Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Really friendly HR and interviewers. Questions were all fit-based (ie why Fortress, why a hedge fund, etc)

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Fortress Investment Group in January 2010.

I've got a call from a recruiter for software engineer position.
    first phone interview was about behavioral things.
    they asked me about experience with C#
    I said no.
    That was it.

Financial Planning and Analysis Position Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fortress Investment Group in February 2010.

The interview consisted of me running through my resume first starting with education then relevant work experience. After that the interviewer throws a number of behavioral questions at you; leadership, strengths/weaknesses, proudest achievement, how I prioritize stressful situations and a lot more.

In addition to why I wanted to work at Fortress, what do I expect from working at Fortress, what I knew about FP&A and whether I had any problems working overtime.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Fortress Investment Group?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your previous job to interview for this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Fortress Investment Group? Contribute to the Community!