Fortress Investment Group Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Aug 19, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

very nice people ,smart and enjoyable staff made me feel comfortable asked good pointed question not too many canned or annoying questions were very knowledgeable about the company. they were very clear about hard work and willing to cotrast to other companis.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Part Time Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was offered Nespresso and watched like a lab rat for over 45 minutes. The person who was supposed to interview me never arrived. Apparently she was in a meeting. A succession of three women, starting with a college intern, each "checked in" on me, presumably stalling until the interviewer would be free. They did not really ask me questions in a typical interview format, but were ultimately responsible for judging my behavior. Three people from Fortress started following my Twitter account a week after the interview, although their decision to not move forward with me had already been made. Go figure.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Found the job through a connection. Met with the entire transportation team after a few months of making contact. It was awesome seeing their amazing office with a view of central park. The interviews were relaxed and very behavioral focused. The people were very nice. I didn't hear back for a month or so, then received the offer in april.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I met with senior execs and staff. We discussed profit opportunities and challenges for the fund business. I presented my proposed lines of strategy. The Fortress execs had lots of detailed questions and offered some ideas about how this strategy would fit into their platform. They showed me how Fortress could help make me successful by leveraging their capital and infrastructure.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my plans to run a profitable business at Fortress. The discussion was thorough and drilled down to important details. It was a very professional interview process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview from the school career fair. The HR recruiter reached out to me via email and asked me to send her my most updated resume and sent me the link to apply for the position online. I was called in for an interview next week. It was a two hour interview with four people, thirty minutes each.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Represented by recruiter for a position in Accounting. Met with three people in my initial inteview for about 30 minutes each. The interview was very technical. Interviewed with people from the same group.

Interview Questions

• What did you do this weekend?   1 Answer
    • How does the waterfall calculation work? What are some of the items that can go wrong when calculating the waterfall?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate any part of the deal. The "non compete" offer was very strict.

CDO - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

I met with a total of 9 ppl in 3 rounds of interviews. Just be prepared to back up your resume and answer a few technical (not very difficult) questions based on your experience listed on your resume. Research the company thoroughly beforehand and ask good questions. Fortress works its employees hard, be expected to be on your blackberry all the time and be ready to work late nights and weekends whenever needed.

Interview Questions

• The questions are pretty standard interview questions, i.e. know your resume, why you a good fit for the company, why do you want to work for the company, etc.   Answer Question