Fortress Investment Group

Updated Oct 21, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fortress Investment Group in April 2014.

I was offered Nespresso and watched like a lab rat for over 45 minutes. The person who was supposed to interview me never arrived. Apparently she was in a meeting.

A succession of three women, starting with a college intern, each "checked in" on me, presumably stalling until the interviewer would be free. They did not really ask me questions in a typical interview format, but were ultimately responsible for judging my behavior.

Three people from Fortress started following my Twitter account a week after the interview, although their decision to not move forward with me had already been made. Go figure.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fortress Investment Group in December 2012.

Found the job through a connection. Met with the entire transportation team after a few months of making contact. It was awesome seeing their amazing office with a view of central park. The interviews were relaxed and very behavioral focused. The people were very nice. I didn't hear back for a month or so, then received the offer in april.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fortress Investment Group in January 2012.

Represented by recruiter for a position in Accounting. Met with three people in my initial inteview for about 30 minutes each. The interview was very technical. Interviewed with people from the same group.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do this weekend?   View Answer
    • How does the waterfall calculation work? What are some of the items that can go wrong when calculating the waterfall?   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate any part of the deal. The "non compete" offer was very strict.

CDO - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fortress Investment Group in January 2008.

I met with a total of 9 ppl in 3 rounds of interviews. Just be prepared to back up your resume and answer a few technical (not very difficult) questions based on your experience listed on your resume. Research the company thoroughly beforehand and ask good questions. Fortress works its employees hard, be expected to be on your blackberry all the time and be ready to work late nights and weekends whenever needed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty standard interview questions, i.e. know your resume, why you a good fit for the company, why do you want to work for the company, etc.   Answer Question